Votes: 47 7.8%

Votes: 21 3.5%

Votes: 6 1.0%

Votes: 8 1.3%

Votes: 5 0.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Bill Bailey!

"What the fuck are you doing Bill? The racetrack is no place for snacks and fancy cakes!"
"Turn, turn, turn, we get out of the turn with speed, yes. Speed is our friend."

We need a permanent Bill segment on TG. Him and Slow.

Last edited:
So happy to see our friends from TG are back - great first episode for the new series.

Although you have to wonder about James. Yeah, when driving next to an active volcano I like to roll the window down and stick my arm out - LOL! I'm sure the editing made it look like there were more rocks flying around then there really were, but still....

Bill Bailey!

"What the fuck are you doing Bill? The racetrack is no place for snacks and fancy cakes!"
"Turn, turn, turn, we get out of the turn with speed, yes. Speed is our friend."

YES. He is funny as all fuck.

Bill Bailey!

Pardon my ignorance, but, who is that man? that was funny as hell but i dont know him

He's a comedian (well, a hyphenate, really) who I first saw on QI and Nevermind the Buzzcocks in the UK. Look up some of his QI appearances on WeTube. Warning: you may wee yourself.

I want more outtakes from this episode. Now.

He's a comedian (well, a hyphenate, really) who I first saw on QI and Nevermind the Buzzcocks in the UK. Look up some of his QI appearances on WeTube. Warning: you may wee yourself.

I want more outtakes from this episode. Now.

ok, i will. the scene was just funny, you could tell it was real. i love his reaction, i fell on the floor laughing.

I never knew Bill Bailey could play the guitar....Peter Jones is an arrogant giant asswad....Peta is hot.....Louie is hot for Hammond....The new SIARPC car is just plain weird, I liked the Daewoo(Chevrolet) Lacetti......Volcano bit was pretty cool(How do you leave a badass truck like that just tarped and rotting....I couldn't live with myself)....and the Reliant Robin bit had me crying from laffin' so hard....all in all good start for Season 15.

I gave it 8/10.

The Bentley review was great although -being a footballer's car- I don't really like it.
The Vulcano part was brilliant, wish it was a bit longer though with more technical details. (I was wondering -at the beginning- if they really had left the car there to rot, or was that part staged)
News: nothing special at all, was generally good.

SIORPC: I thought it was ok, I've fallen in love with Amy Williams...

The reliant robint part...well...I'm shamed to admit that I was laughing so hard my girlfriend came up to check on me if I was ok. Typical Clarkson nonsense. :D

Can't wait to see the next one!

Nothing funny or entertaining about this first episode imo. Nearly everything they do looks and feels contrived. For the first time ever, if I missed the remainder 5 episodes I probably wouldn't care. Try are they like they've gone too far toward heavily scripted nonsense, and too far away from entertainment.

In all fairness it doesn't matter what they do now, they'll never please everyone. No doubt lots of people enjoyed the show and good luck to them, I personally didn't and can see myself switching off.

Shame.

Last edited:
Nothing funny or entertaining about this first episode imo. Nearly everything they do looks and feels contrived. For the first time ever, if I missed the remainder 6 episodes I probably wouldn't care. Try are they like they've gone too far toward heavily scripted nonsense, and too far away from entertainment.

In all fairness it doesn't matter what they do now, they'll never please everyone. No doubt lots of people enjoyed the show and good luck to them, I personally didn't and can see myself switching off.

Shame.

Whilst I will definitely watch the rest of the series, this is probably the first episode I've watched that didn't really hit the spot for me. The volcano thing was the best part, the rest I could do without.

The reliant bit was tedious and didn't really make any sense.

Oh well, fingers crossed it improves.

Last edited:
Great episode. A series to look forward to!

Anyone else notice the gay guy's lap time? Normally they only keep one decimal...
1:53.69

Also noticed the Stig's very brief appearance on a plastic chair during the celebrity lap times.

I loved this episode quite alot.

Bentley was a good review and the tire getting ruined was hilarious. I love how jeremy was all "and dangerous...."(drives off)

Volcano bit was just beautifull and james is a daredevil for sure. I wouldn't of gone there. Somehow I was expecting the rocks that he picked up were going to burn through the bucket. burning rubber was good enough though.

News: good mix between randomness and actual news. I LOLLED hard when richard was talking about the boost on the V-spec GT-R. that face he made was hilarious.

lacetti: I was dissapointed, it took long and was generally boring.

guest: skipped most of it except for that gay guy I found him hilarious especially his interactions with richard.

reliant: was funny I laughed at pretty much everything. best bit was the crash during that interview and his doing wheelies with it. I know most people dissagree and say its shit but I don't watch top gear for real car fact but for humor mixed with car facts .

Great start for the new season

Oh yeah did anybody notice jeremy's light on the window when he crashed the reliant. I think it was the second or third one. he is on his right side and there is just a red lighter laying on the window

I've found out the reason for the MMXX gag on the credits, it wasn't a cock up, it was a reference to Dave (the UK TV channel that shows Top Gear repeats all day) but the in show jibes were edited out.

its interseting to see that people either loved or hated the Robin film, no real in the middle people on that. why do you think?

Because the Robin is a love or hate car. Me? Love. Goes back to Delboy and Rodney puttering around with it.

Because the Robin is a love or hate car. Me? Love. Goes back to Delboy and Rodney puttering around with it.

i guess, i loved the segment. i thought it was the funnyest thing on that epp besides richards new friend and jezza leaving him alone with him!

For me the Robin bit had 2 issues. For one, we all knew exactly what was going to happen. It's kinda like listening to someone tell a really funny joke when you already know the punchline. Still funny, but... And for a second thing, I hate when people buy old mint cars just to ruin them. Rubs a raw nerve. <_<

its interseting to see that people either loved or hated the Robin film, no real in the middle people on that. why do you think?

I'll admit to being pretty well in the middle. Got a chuckle, didn't adore it, nor hate it. Good segment, but when rivalling the volcano film...you know.

2 quick questions :

what is funny about "peta 23 from essex"

and for the connoisseurs, in what car Jeremy is driving off at the end of the reasonable car segment (to me it sounds like an AMG black)

On the show:
The Robin was the best part, I mean, great action right on the first corner...

Last edited:
2 quick questions :

what is funny about "peta 23 from essex"

and for the connoisseurs, in what car Jeremy is driving off at the end of the reasonable car segment (to me it sounds like an AMG black)

i can only answer the car. i said a few posts ago that i think it was a CLK Black but it could also be his SL AMG if he still has it. i didnt really look that hard but my first reaction was CLK Black