Votes: 21 3.5%

Votes: 6 1.0%

Votes: 8 1.3%

Votes: 5 0.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
- Review had child-like special effects which made no sense
- Commercial thing wasn't funny, vuvuzula thing made me smile
- James' Iceland thing was kinda good actually, it was like a well crafted sauce on a dish of underseasoned packet mash and well done, burnt, steak.
- News wasn't interesting nor funny, they were SO WRONG saying that the 599 is the fastest production car cos it's not and it's like several months old news
- Reasonably priced car had a few interested people in it, inviting that gay guy was the most stupid thing ever
- Reliant Robin thing wasn't funny at all, couldn't see the point of it, so predictable that they should feel ashamed

I gave it a 3. And yes, I do get quite annoyed and irritated at the TG people for making such shit. They're just there for the money.

Anyway, why is the poll anonymous?

Last edited:
I noticed something on my second run through the episode. Did anyone notice that the stig appears on the BBQ for around 2 seconds, then isn't seen again? Maybe spot the stig game theme throughout the series?

On the BBQ? I saw it dozing in a plastic lawn chair at some point but I didn't realise it got grilled.

Some says he tastes just like chicken.......

volcano trip was really really great, didnt believe that they were actually doing this ^^
i also liked the reliant robin film and the bentley review! i give it 9 out of 10!

The show is going down the drain. Same bits over and over again.

I wouldn't be surprised if Top Gear would have a challenge where they build cars to see who can jump over most sharks.

Even though I am significantly wary about new episodes since I am pretty displeased with the last two seasons, this one has an excellent start! I'd even give it 10 out of 10.

Bentley review was very good in general and great at cinematography.

Trip to the volcano was a LOT more thrilling than I was expecting after seeing some bystander's photos on Flickr.

The news bit was great - no overacting, great humour, and the sincere enthusiasm I haven't felt for a long time.

Lacetti... Oh, why, why did you destroy it? It could've look so good on one of the studio's podiums in one piece.

Tea party was excellent. The first one (or ones, don't remember) was boring and I didn't know anyone of those local British celebrities. This time I still don't know anyone of them, but there are two pretty girls and a lot of good humour.

Reliant Robin segment was funny and interesting to watch. The usual breaking and falling was especially good this time.

I don't have it here at work, but can someone post the Stig's intro line (aka: "some say...")? I need to quote it for someone

It seems that the score people give is inversely proportional to the length of time they've been on the forums.

Not an entirely unexpected trend.

I quite liked this episode, but it got a bit slow...

The Bentley review was great.
The Stars going around the track felt a bit slow as it progressed.
The Reliant was funny to begin with, but after countless times of rolling over, it just wasn't as funny as the first time.

7/10
But a good start to the new series

What strikes me about the funeral is, could they have position the Lacetti better to its nose wouldn't have been exposed afterward? I've seen chimney demolitions and apart from being on its side and slightly scarred, the base of the chimney is usually intact. Could they have put the Lacetti further away so it would have been totally buried?

Simple acceptable misjudgement or deliberate just so it'll keep up with Top Gear tradition of things not going well. :p

Considering the chimney is a cylinder it's hard to fully cover a rectangle with it, especially when it remains intact.

I think it added to the funnehs, because the grille and logo remained relatively intact.

7/10 for me.

I had no expectations other than to see the Reliant roll many times during the film. As a result I laughed and enjoyed it. And seeing Jeremy from inside the cab as it rolled actually gave the film a bit of a thrill. And there was very real danger to it! Just watch the first part of the last roll and you'll notice Jeremy's radio goes sailing right at his head.

James' film was the star of the show. Although he's a bit daft. Even after several very hot rocks land within inches of his hands he still sticks his hand and arm out from under the cover of the car and doddles about trying to get a piece of rock onto his trowel.

Bentley film had a lot of eye candy. I'm sure friends who don't know or care about cars will still be entertained by it. My only complaint there is Jeremy ends the film with a "but I'd rather have the DBS". Why did you just waste our time telling us all about the car only to completely negate the entire review in just a few words?! If you must do a comparison with the DBS and show where the Bentley gets it right.

Given that they've been off for a few months it's expected that some of the highlights of the past few months would make it into the news segment. Just because it's "old' news, however, doesn't make it a bad segment. This is especially true if you consider Top Gear to be a more general-audience type show in which case those viewers probably have no clue the 599XX even exists. So no problems there.

Watching it halfway through so far so good, its like Top Gear is going back to its roots.. good sign :)

What ? Testing cars ! I only recall one car being tested last night, and as usual it was more expensive than my house.

It says a lot about this episode that they only got eight people to drive the Kia and I hadn't heard of a single one of them. Granted, I'm American, but I remember when the guests used to be actual celebrities and not D-list British media figures. SIARPC used to be pretty entertaining, and now I usually skip it. Plus, the way they introduced the new car (aside from smashing the old one) was a carbon-copy of the way they introduced the Lacetti. And while I can see why you guys would want more serious stuff, the Bentley review bored me to tears. It's exactly the same thing they always do: Jeremy slides a car around for awhile, tells you why it's great, and then irrationally says he hates it anyway and fade back to the studio. I was on the verge of shutting it off until the Reliant segment, which was absolutely hilarious.

The first time the Reliant rolled over it was hilarious. The second time it was obvious. The third time it was stupid. The fourth I just turned it off.

Reactions: TC
I'm afraid nothing much has changed since last series.

The Bentley review was typical generic TopGear. Just drive around the TopGear test track, over and over and over, and try to get the car sideways. All while a camera man shakes his camera violently back and forth while zoomed in too close and going in-and-out of focus.

The Icelandic volcano Hilux segment wasn't bad, but I got worried when they started out showing the Hilux, which is probably worth $50grand or more, "left to rot" under a dirty tarp with wood crates stacked against it. Yeah...riiight. They talked about bringing it back to life or something, I thought for sure the chavs would find a way to destroy it. But they didn't, which was most unpredictable thing TopGear has done in recent memory. The rest of the segment seemed a bit lackluster. A couple minutes driving in a blizzard, a few pretty landscape shots driving on the volcanic rock, and that's about it.

The news was alright. Although they didn't seem to have much to really say, just reporting the news and reading their lines.

The Lacetti going bye-bye was kinda sad, but TopGear loves to destroy things, so I doubt they cared much about it really. They seemed to be more upset about not destroying the front bumper as much as humanly possible.

The new reasonably priced car is a disappointment. I was really hoping for something interesting. But I guess they had to take what they could get. I'm sure Kia will keep TopGear fully stocked with Cee'ds for as long as they're willing to use it. The tea party had a few funny moments, but there was still signs of TopGear trying to play a caricature of itself, the chaotic BBQ, the lawn chairs strewn about, etc. TopGear did one of these celebrity gatherings to kick off a new car before and it looked nothing like this.

The Reliant Robin. Despite the fact that they went out and bought a bunch of these old car/bike/things, just to ruin them, which I despise, I did laugh quite hard at a few of Clarksons crashes. The first one and the one at the supposed Reliant Robin owners club meeting. But it was all predictable and a bit pointless after that. Just more senseless destruction, which seems to be all TopGear does anymore. I'm starting to think TopGear has done more to get cars off the road than the ecomentalists ever have.

Anyway, it was pretty standard TG affair, so I'll give it a 5/10.

Last edited:
personally i think it's a step in the right direction, i hope they keep it up.

After sleeping on it, I was still undecided between a 7 or an 8. I chose to give it a 7 mainly for the Lacetti burial (unnecessary), the Robin film (it could've been 2-3 minutes shorter by cutting 2 or 3 of the rollovers. I got the point- don't drive a car with a single wheel on the front if you value your life) and the overall feeling that they squeezed too much into this show. I would've loved to see them go a bit longer with the Volcano film (which was awesome and James has some big ones to get that close to an active volcano). The news was pretty good, not great. The SIARPC bit was predictable. But I agree with a couple of you that I would like to see that Olympian come back for a full segment just for the entertainment value of Jezza drooling over her (and to know WTF she's thinking going down a hill like that, especially on a course with the reputation the Vancouver track had).

It seems that the score people give is inversely proportional to the length of time they've been on the forums.

Not an entirely unexpected trend.

Or the amount of TG episodes they've watched (meaning you have more episodes to compare current ones to).