Votes: 121 20.0%

Votes: 47 7.8%

Votes: 21 3.5%

Votes: 6 1.0%

Votes: 8 1.3%

Votes: 5 0.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Probably an 8 but gave it a 9 since I missed the show. I with the Iceland bit was longer though I found it to be incredibly dangerous even by TG standards. I guess Jezza is fully healed rolling around in that Robin as he slipped a disk simply lapping a GTR. Seeing Hamster visibly uncomfortable with the gay fellow was hilarious. I didn't like the oil spill quip though....

Jeremy segment, simply brilliant :D
The Continental bashing seemed uncalled for, it is a great GT
James May has some balls to go into such a storm, man I would be really frightened, looked like he was being buried alive.
And I though Angelina was going to show up :)
Amy :) mmm

Last edited:
6 out of 10, 60%.

Perhaps I was expecting more, as what I did to get the show is apparently a 3rd class felony in Florida and Michigan.

Hearts not in it anymore? It is apparent that Top Gear Live is something that all the presenters enjoy, and that they now refer to, and have referred to Top Gear as "school". Now I may be mistaken, but if you're referring to something as "school", you really don't like it that much.

This is a good show for someone who hasn't been following the show for years, but it definitely lacked something. I can't quite put my finger on what, but whatever it was that something wasn't there. I felt that this was an improvement over some of the episodes in Series 14 (not episode 1, however, which I felt was good), but I'm remaining hopeful that the films to come are better than this.

I know that some people here enjoyed that the end of the Continental Supersports lap was cut off, but I really didn't. I look forward to the laps, even when they're for cars that aren't terribly interesting and, I hope that there are others who agree. I don't have time as of right now to read all the reviews, though it seems that a lot of the die-hard fans found this episode to be a bit weak.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the news was about 1000% better than it has been as of late.

Last edited:
Solid season opener in my opinion. The Bentley segment was brillantly filmed, and I actually agree with Jeremy's verdict. The Icelandic film was too short, and the stars in the reasonable priced car were too many. The Reliant part at the end was spot on, I think - except for the unnecessary throwing into the canal of the obviously empty Robin.

7/10 I think.

I gave it an 8, but giving it a 7 wouldn't have been a mistake. It's a pretty good start but, as I said in another thread, they're putting too much humor in their reviews, and Jeremy is paying more attention to say funny things rather than actually talking about the car he's driving.

Bentley - Very good review, but boxers weren't absolutely needed and it looked like all TG's reviews on track.
Volcano - Really enjoyable, from the start it looked like it was gonna last at least half an hour, in the end it was too short!
News - Didn't like them, they're too much staged
Lacetti - Nice explosion
New car - Don't like it at all
Guest extravaganza - Peta Todd has nice boobies :)
Reliant - I literally cried for laughing every time Jeremy rolled it over but, apart from that, not a very useful "review"

I don't know if it was the "top gear is back" celebratory drinks but I shit myself laughing at the reliant. I think we have to stop looking for the show to beat it's self and remember that it beats everything else every episode. If I'm wrong tell me this, a lackluster episode, still didn't make you say "ohh fuck" when the lava was hitting the hilux. I call bs on anyone who says they yawned.

I quite enjoyed it. The Bentley was a great review, loved the cinematography and editing. They do such a great job with that kind of stuff. James' volcano adventure was brilliant but I agree with others, a bit too short. The Reliant Robin was amazingly funny, absolute riot. The celebrity segment was too long and lackluster for me. And If they only could have dropped the sex jokes it would have been better.

Last edited:
I considered an 8 but ended up giving it a 9.

Surprisingly, the Bentley review was the part I enjoyed the least. It was nowhere near as entertaining as say, the Brooklands review. I think part of the detractor was the boxer and fire dancer effects. I love special effects, but this time they didn't seem to relate to the car at all, unlike how the graphic novel-esque/funky style effects went perfectly with the LFA.

May's Iceland segment was excellent, very cool, and slightly scary even from the comfort of my own home to see that storm and chunks of molten Earth fall so close to the car..what if one had hit his arm?

Enjoyed the news, especially the part about the GTR SpecV and wanting extra keys and stuff to activate the boost like you would to launch a nuclear warhead. :D

Lacetti - a good sendoff...hopefully the save at least one of them though. I actually think the Cee'd looks pretty good...would have been nice if it had been a Focus though, or a Fiesta.

The Celebrity BBQ segment was good, I usually skip over SIARPC but I enjoyed the last time they did this (when they got the Lacetti) and this was good fun too.

Reliant Robin - I laughed hard several times. I'm sure the BBC news segment was staged but so what, it was funny nonetheless. Those are funny little cars. Makes me happy I have 4 wheels. Although when they crash, they're easy to tip back over at least!

I love the "cocking about" aspect of the show, and this was a good balance between serious business and good laughs. Good way to kick off the new season, so happy Top Gear is back!

Anybody notice one of the Reliant Robin club members is sporting what appears to be an "I am not the Stig" shirt? http://img227.imageshack.**/img227/4295/iamnotthestig.jpg

Last edited:
Favourite bit was definitely James's Iceland trip. So many people have already said it, but I'll repeat it anyway: that man has stonking great balls of steel. I actually thought the segment was quite well timed - quite a few people here seemed to want it to be a bit longer, but I honestly can't think what they could have padded it out with. More focus on the truck's modification? A longer journey? For me it was perfectly packaged: we got all the details we needed, a palpable feeling of the danger from the falling lumps of rock and the fierce blizzard gumming up wipers and, naturally, a healthy dollop of May's indomitable charm.

The Reliant skit was surprisingly good as well. Loved the Starsky and Hutch homage getting wrecked and the roll at the enthusiasts meeting. I was really impressed with the stabilisers actually working - for some reason the sight of it whizzing around the corner with the accompanying "bzzz" noise was hilarious.

All in all, a thoroughly entertaining episode! 8/10

Bently review was really cool, volcano bit was awesome and i laughed so hard i cried watching Clarkson's bit on the Reliant Robin

I gave in an 8. I was laughing so hard I teared up. I thought I was about to faint :lol:

Loved the episode, 8/10

Loved the episode, 8/10

Before the season started, I thought about what made TG fun, and adjusted my expectations. While we'd want each season to be more "epic" than the last, just because it's "as epic" as last year doesn't make this bad television.

This is good old back to basic fun that we all fell in love with in the beginning.

This is the same reason we watch sports, not because one game will trump the last, but because it's entertaining and unpredictable.

The Volcano bit had me getting nervous, and I cracked up at the Robin flipping around the first corner. Cannot wait for next week's episode.