Votes: 121 20.0%

Votes: 47 7.8%

Votes: 21 3.5%

Votes: 6 1.0%

Votes: 8 1.3%

Votes: 5 0.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i just dont get why they used the boxers.
I suppose the idea was to find an equivalent of a sports person to this Bentley which is fitter, stronger, quicker and sportier than all previous models. You could apply the same attributes to a boxer.

I suppose the idea was to find an equivalent of a sports person to this Bentley which is fitter, stronger, quicker and sportier than all previous models. You could apply the same attributes to a boxer.

good point, i mean, if you squint really really really hard, the car kinda has that "boxing look" to it. you know, 2 black eyes for headlights and a brainless oaf in the middle (jezza) lol

killing the Liana way too long

Surely, your intention was to say Lacetti? :rolleyes:

And this whole ''insert action into car film'' malarky is actually very good in my book. Makes it muuuch more immersive and teamed with proper music gives you a certain impression of the car. I hope it keeps on being plugged in :D

Last edited:
What the heck?! I still can't download the torrent ... the flux.armed.us server hasn't worked for me since Sunday and it's Tuesday. Anyone have a WORKING link to the torrent? Very frustrated...

The new car, the C'd (as I will forever call it) was a good choice, and I found it telling of how prices has changed since the begining as this car cost 14K and the liana was If I recall correctly about 7K. I might be wrong here, as I am at work i couldnt find anything on goggle to tell me what it did cost back in s01e01.

I have to say the Cee'd is the best looking RPC yet and by previous reviews, actually a pretty decent car to own.

The new car, the C'd (as I will forever call it) was a good choice, and I found it telling of how prices has changed since the begining as this car cost 14K and the liana was If I recall correctly about 7K. I might be wrong here, as I am at work i couldnt find anything on goggle to tell me what it did cost back in s01e01.

Nah, the Liana was 9995 pounds. Just a few months later they had their insider dealing segment giving thousands of pounds off on it though :lol:

THIS wasn't better than the Romania trip. Twas good, but not that good.

Sorry... I think I should've made it more specific... I wasn't too keen on some of the content of the first episode from the last season. But still, it was a good ep.

great episode. do all women look like Amy Williams over there?

anyway, i think the Bentley is a great car. looks phenomenal in white. the reliant bit had me in tears. got old, but then found a way to still bring it back.

FG squeezes 1456346897 cars and a competiton plug into 25 minutes. And that's awful. Sure, they have very nice supercars, informative reviews, but it's SHORT. ''Heres the skoda superb, big boot, great build quality, it shines. Moving on to Lambo, it's big, handles great, has wings. Now, we have a big offer for you, Playstation, car, woman, food for 10 years, calls cost 10p. For the end here's the most beautiful, fastest, best handling, cheapest car in the world. And that's all we had for today.'

I've just realised why Fifth Gear feels rushed and low rent in comparison to Top Gear. Because it is rushed and low rent. Fancy that.

Flipping loved it!!
every part of it made me laugh. i even gasped when the robin rolled first time out!! then realised i should have known better :(
oh and has anyone noticed that jezza is back on the darts (smokes)! he had quit right before testing the konigsegge CCXR stating "I no longer need nicotine...I JUST NEED MORE OF THIS" reffering to smoking the treads and pulling 200mph on the track...i found it a bit of a suprise that he either took up smoking again recently or never quit in the first place, he was the push I used to quit so a bit disappointing if he never quit :(

Flipping loved it!!
every part of it made me laugh. i even gasped when the robin rolled first time out!! then realised i should have known better :(
oh and has anyone noticed that jezza is back on the darts (smokes)! he had quit right before testing the konigsegge CCXR stating "I no longer need nicotine...I JUST NEED MORE OF THIS" reffering to smoking the treads and pulling 200mph on the track...i found it a bit of a suprise that he either took up smoking again recently or never quit in the first place, he was the push I used to quit so a bit disappointing if he never quit :(

its a good 7+ episode, its good when they bring Hilux's back, great cars. I wonder if I should get a poster with that car on the wall with its features outlined for the Arctic trip, mmmmm.

It wasn't perfect, but I was encouraged by the approach- a better mix of a review, news, an adventure and silliness- there was a little more natural feel to the silliness. It did feel a little rushed and disjointed but there was plenty to enjoy.
Can I just say, welcome back Skylock!

I'm glad it's back. Agreed in saying that the silliness feels a bit more natural. Especially when you consider what effects the natural laws of physics have on a Reliant Robin in motion.

In short - a good balance of seriousness and cocking about. Keep it up!

In the Lacetti funeral bit, Hammond refers to "Gambon's tyres"...but the naming of Gambon Corner came from his lap in the Liana, NOT the Lacetti. </nitpick>

Gambon came back in series 8 which was the first series with the Lacetti. But, yeah, he's most famous for the corner incident.

You're new here. We have to explain something.

TG can move an eyelash and get any car in the world to test NOW. This second. They'll get a Shuttle if they want it. But they choose to do a different type of programme than FG.

FG squeezes 1456346897 cars and a competiton plug into 25 minutes. And that's awful. Sure, they have very nice supercars, informative reviews, but it's SHORT. ''Heres the skoda superb, big boot, great build quality, it shines. Moving on to Lambo, it's big, handles great, has wings. Now, we have a big offer for you, Playstation, car, woman, food for 10 years, calls cost 10p. For the end here's the most beautiful, fastest, best handling, cheapest car in the world. And that's all we had for today.''

:|<_<

Maybe you're the one who is new here because many of us older TG fans agree with what he's saying. FG does manage to squeeze in a lot more car content in a shorter period of time. You probably don't remember the earlier seasons when TG actually had quite a lot of good solid car content in their reviews, without having to rely entirely on slapstick humour and cheap jokes.