Votes: 121 20.0%

Votes: 47 7.8%

Votes: 21 3.5%

Votes: 6 1.0%

Votes: 8 1.3%

Votes: 5 0.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Prado is just a Land Cruiser variant, and doesn't even have that title in Europe.

100704lc.jpg

http://www.arctictrucks.com/Frontpage/Expeditions/Magnetic-Pole

Overall I found the episode quite good but I wish that:

-- the lacetti* death segment was much shorter. Hammond pretending to seriously care is getting as annoying as JC crashing into stuff.
-- the volcano film was longer. Lately, JM's films end up quite good and I really like to see more of him and less reliant crashes.
-- the reliant film was aired last series and Jeremy found something much better for 15x01. Crashing/burning/cutting a rubbish car got old after a piano fell over the marina.

Bill Bailey stole the barbecue party event segment for me and I am still waiting for Bernard Black to make an appearance.

*Here, they are cheaper than cheese and are everywhere. I am so glad that car is finally dead.

As for the cee, apostrophe d -- they should have that couple, that had a baby in a KIA. It was in the news segment in series 14 I believe.

Despite there few annoying features, the episode looked good and deserves a solid 8.

I liked it. It feels like Top Gear. I dont get all you boring, boring people yapping about shit being predictable... Football is predictable. Guys kick ball, ball goes in net. Its always the same thing, but we still watch it dont we?
I laughed with many bits of the show, was awed by James on the volcano, perhaps the guests in the new launch of the RPC could have been more and better known.... and for that matter they could get something better for 14k, right?
The reliant robin part was good. I think it was mostly there to shut the fudge up all of you people saying Clarkson just does the talking and then gets stuntmen to do everything else for him. There you go, a 50 year old man with a bad hip flipping cars just for your amusement. But nothing's ever good for you is it? When you become cynical about something it's very hard to go back.

Looking forward to the next one. As long as there are new cars coming out, I hope there's a Top Gear.

This.

Episode 15x01 was very enjoyable. The Reliant Robin film was hilarious. Yes, everyone knew Jeremy would flip the car, but this doesn't take away from the comedy.

This was a great start to the series.

I have to say ... if you didn't like the Reliant Robin test, then you also don't like TG! :D
It was sooo funny this whole test, I was near a real laughing break-down! :D

anyone feel like something about this episode was off? i couldnt really get into it.

I think it was due to the lack of the 3 of them on screen during a segment. it felt really fragmented

still love thats its back though

Loved it from start to finish. Segments were way better than last year. Clear concise and of course the humor. Not one piece felt like filler material.

The clip of James driving to the volcano was the best part of the episode. Rest is business as usual and nothing outstanding.

I'm a bit late to the party, but I didn't get to watch all of 15x01 until this morning. :eek:

Bentley: Classic TG semi-serious review (Jeremy's similies, sublime cinematography without being crammed with too many stupid and pointless special effects, typical hard-on for Aston Martin).

James vs The Volcano: Utterly brilliant.

News: Not brilliant, but not awful. I'm not sure if I can handle another series of 'Great News' from Dacia, even though I do like the Duster.

New RPC: Silly. I'm not convinced that the new car is all that 'reasonably priced'. The only things that saved it were Bill Bailey (he's brilliant) and that camp bloke, even if the latter was a little lowbrow.

Reliant Robin: Cocking about for cocking about's sake, but it seemed like Clarkson and everyone else involved had a lot of fun. Enjoyable, if a little long.

8/10, but that's mainly on the strength of May's excursion to Iceland. At least it was a more cohesive episode than anything we saw in Series 14.

Last edited:
good episode and start to the series.

yes the robin bit was a touch longer than it needed to be but was still interesting.

That Robin segment had me laughing my ass off. Funniest bit of anything I've seen in three years. Anywhere.

I like this episode alot i must say.

The editing is great over the entire show. The music clicks perfectly with the sound, and it makes me wanna drive.

The Robin Segment really is funny, I find myself watching this episode very often. Its a great start to a season.

I am actually editing this post because I feel silly that I completely forgot I created a trivia thread earlier this year during the last time I binge-watched TG and found the same link between what Hammond said about Martin Brundle and the 190E Cosworth Merc in series 3 and what May said in this episode... LOL.

It was funny that they called James May out on the claim that Brundle said the 190E Cozzie chassis was one of the best, perhaps he was simply citing what Hammond said during the review of that very car during the "Future Classics" review many years earlier in S0305.

Poor Captain Slowly... Picked on for merely repeating what was presented as fact back in 2003 by Hammond... LOL.

Last edited: