[15x02] July 4th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May attempt to find a trio of cars which are equally at home on the race track as they are at transporting a family to the shops, all for a budget of 5,000 pounds. Plus James makes a rare visit to the Top Gear track to test a pair of Porsches, the 911 Sport Classic and Boxster Spyder, and Alastair Campbell is the star in the all new Reasonably Priced Car.
Awesome - cheap car challenge :D

You may want to correct the series number. ;)

The cheap car challenge sounds interesting, and it's always nice watching James test a car on the track.

Gotta love a cheap car challenge.....

.....even if we do have to wait until series 17 to see it. :p

Gotta love a cheap car challenge.....

.....even if we do have to wait until series 17 to see it. :p
Haha yeh, your going to have to wait a couple of years before you see this ep :lol:

Thread title changed.

The cheap car challenge (fast family cars) could be the BMW, Merc and Ford that were spotted in Berlin ..?
Sounds like an awesome episode, I'm really looking forward to the 911 Sport Classic :D

James doing a review on the track! :thumbsup:

Alistair Campbell? I thought it was the STAR in a reasonable priced car... *sigh*

Alistair Campbell = star? Not in my book - oh he has a book out. ...

Interesting to see what they got for 5k GBP.

Alistair Campbell = star? Not in my book - oh he has a book out. ...

Boris Johnson isn't exactly a star, either, but IMO he's turned out to be one of Top Gear's most enjoyable guests. So we'll see..... Campbell is indeed a strange choice... he's the sort of person that believes a car is most useful for packing your bicycle into to find nice places to go cycling.

But Boris is funny, he's been on Have I Got News For You a number of times, he was at the Chinese Olympics. this guy is a nobody.. :(

While i'm all hyped for the first episode(mostly because it is first episode for this season) this one really sounds something i will love.
Can't beat the cheap car challenge and the idea of it sounds nice too. :thumbup: Add 458 review there and i would be done.
James doing review is almost as good thought.

Last edited:
Had to look Campbell up. I gather that since they put on the BBC's political correspondent they want an actual politician there too.

And honestly, it makes a certain bit of sense. Considering the sort of ratings TG draws in both first-run and downloads, what politician would be absolutely daft enough to ignore such a potential to reach a big audience? If a few more cabinet ministers tried driving round the track, I'd bet you'd have a Labour-LibDem coalition instead of a Tory-LibDem one.

Darn, no 4th of July American special. Still, looking forward to their trackday everyday cars. I'd really like them to end the show with "Buy a Jag XJR, and on that bombshell...".

Sierra Cosworth :)

Status
Not open for further replies.