Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Last edited:
Schei?e! THIS. To me, this was an episode. 9+/10, IMHO.

Felt more cohesive overall (compared with last week's ep), News was automotively newsworthy yet LOLz-inducing, challenge was pure fun with mates (have missed those), loads of great one-liners throughout (fingering the studio, etc)...

PLUS:

James doing a review = complete and utter crack. A bucketful of WIN, that was.

"My insides are wonderful, yes?"

"You don't think it fell out of James' luggage...?"

"Are you cold?" "NO."

"If I'd spelled it 'angelinajolietopless...'"

Ch'erman Schtig... Heh.

Great challenge
The M3 interior. :(
Jimmys studio blouse has been worn before, and Dicky wore it before him.
Wow what a 'van' :cool:
Jimmy lying. :lol:
Colditz escape. :lol:
No 'ring?

A good 7.

I'll have to reserve judgement until I rewatch it again downloaded tomorrow morning, but compared to 15x01, it just felt a LOT better. :)

And also bonus points for at least getting Martin Brundle's voice on the show.

Was very good until at the end which was too (badly) acted.

Actually the whole cheap car challenge left a feeling that they didnt really think it through, instead they just had to come up with yet another and even thou the theme had potential somehow it wasnt used. It was more of buy "a car" for 5000 quid.

Last edited:
Felt like old form. *cheers*

Probably being a bit generous with a 9, but it deserves more than an 8 so I rounded up.

i'm left wondering how many anti-speed campaigners and those who proclaim "all speed kills" are ringing the BBC now to complain about the Autobahn sequence.

i agree with everyone. The episode felt much better than last week. I love seeing them back doing the challenges. Clarksons choice with the Ford was great.
That boxster was nuts

I'm still completely in awe of the volcano film, so I won't claim it was better than last week's. But it was great. They were all in top form. I'm glad to have seen James wearing an orange shirt. And in Germany as well. :mrgreen:

For those of you who have stayed clear of the spoiler section, here are the links to the YouTube videos. Watch those viewing numbers go up now.

James: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mercedes1902316
Richard: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrM3MAN
Jezza: http://www.youtube.com/user/CossieMan2000

I really really enjoyed this episode. The cheap car challenge was very funny, but not the set up funny.

The porchse review by may was also very good, espically with the rain LOL

The guest was boring, i usally try to enjoy them, when i usally do, but couldnt this time.

News was funny, and the stig lap of the porchse was also good. :)

No set up jokes, very funny, learned a lot. Excellent stuff :)

9/10

Slightly surprised at the fairly 'meh' responses so far. For me, this was one of the best episodes ever. Loved the challenge, good mix of comedy and petrolhead-ness, and a German road trip is always good :) I've visited Colditz but it wasn't a hotel then.. ADAC guy's chin. WTF?. James' Porsche review was fantastic and the news was good too. SIARPC was a little dull, but made ok by political cock-slapping. Really enjoyed it, more like this!

Good review by james. Poor challenge, a few laughs, uninspired, autobahn... and then that ADAC thing was really boring. I expected a lot more from Berlin, I feel they didn't use the potential, maybe after the Alfa and 3 brit car challenge im a bit spoilt but this felt generic.

Around a 7 or an 8/10. A solid episode I guess, the long film wasn't the most memorable and Alistair Campbell wasn't as interesting as I thought he would be.

No complaints from me, I enjoyed the cheap car challenge particularly the silly 'how well does a German band fit' challenge. Good cars too apart from Hammond's death trap. Porsche review was good, I really like the 911 Sport Classic and seeing James get wet while putting his umbrella roof up is always funny. News was good and thingy the 'star' was decent, I wasn't expecting them to get on that well at all.

I refuse to quantify my opinion though, I just enjoyed it.

I liked it a lot :) Great ep, as was the previous. Nice challenge and nice car reviews :)

Cheap Car Challenge: Absolutely brilliant! Laughed all the way through. Great work all round here to make it seem just that bit less faked etc. Good to see the turn around at the end; May taking a leaf (finally) out of Clarkson's book from the very first ?100 cars challenge.
Porsche Review: Again, absolutely brilliant! It was a great change for him to do a proper one (and a proper, decent, TG review it was!) and I certainly agree that he should be given more, or better, the three to get an equal share of the reviews. But very good stuff from May.
SIARPC: Better than expected. They did very well to make him interesting to me, who dislikes politics and knows nothing about it. There was good humour, accepted well, and good conversation made. So good stuff on that one.

Overall - much better than last week, but I only gave it an 8 as I hope to expect more this series. But that is not to degrade from this episode, which I would say is 9/10 material.