Votes: 31 7.2%

Votes: 12 2.8%

Votes: 3 0.7%

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
good ep this week

SIARPC was good.... non UK viewers probably wont care and americans wont even know who he is, but for the UK'ers who follow politics abit that was fun to watch. Mr Campbell looked genuinely uncomfortable sat there with JC's quite cleverly worded questions and that makes me happy.

the old M3 suprised me on the track. i reckoned it would of been quicker...but not that much, and JC shows yet again he is a proper blue oval boy.... sapphire cossie!!!

Felt like a classic episode from seasons back, which is a good thing. Cheap car challenge was great, but I just knew was going to happen at the end with the results (same deal with Season 3 Episode 2).

Overall, better than last weeks, but still missing that spark. 8/10

Brilliant television; not epic, just finely tuned entertainment. 8/10

Loved the autobahn segments, the laps of the track ("Wall! Wall!") and, for once, the SIARPC. Maybe it's because I try and keep up with politics or maybe it was just the way Clarkson handled it but I found it very entertaining. Clarkson's first question had me in fits, as did his follow-up comment to Campbell's answer. =]

reading some of these posts... i think its about time some people simply switched off. TG is clearly never going to fulfill their wants and needs of a car show and probably never will. so instead of tuning in, being immediately disappointed and then posting a whinge on here, they should really just switch off now and remember the good old episodes. it will save a lot of energy and grief.

Really good episode! I loved the challenge and it gave me a thought...

I prefer these cheap car challenges to, let's say, James May's film in Iceland. And something tells me the budget for the German challenge was actually less than the Icelandic film. But I could be wrong.

Also, I think it would have been really funny if one of the cars was a Volvo 850R. It would have blitzed most of the challenges, and at the end we would have had the predictable "Oh, no we can't let a Volvo win on Top Gear." But still...it would've been funny :)

Great ep. Finally BMW E36 on TG. I just hope they will show the part Clarkson was talking about (driving from Germany to Poland).

reading some of these posts... i think its about time some people simply switched off. TG is clearly never going to fulfill their wants and needs of a car show and probably never will. so instead of tuning in, being immediately disappointed and then posting a whinge on here, they should really just switch off now and remember the good old episodes. it will save a lot of energy and grief.

well said, but, wothout those people what would we have to talk about on here other than show reviews? ignorance is a good conversation starter!

Still, I might be overly critic, but damn top gear is veeery predictive

Yes, BUT: While the cars were predictably suited for the three roles, the point of Top Gear is three blokes picking a car they like and bickering why the other choices suck.

I prefer these cheap car challenges to, let's say, James May's film in Iceland. And something tells me the budget for the German challenge was actually less than the Icelandic film. But I could be wrong.

Probably wrong indeed :tease: simply because the Icelandic film only featured one presenter. They may not be Hollywood divas, but with every presenter flown in the expenses grow. More people to take care of them, more cameras to record them, more people to take care of the cameras, ...
The cost for the Icelandic Indestructilux being higher than the three saloons combined probably is dwarfed by the cost for manpower. Editing should be cheaper for a one-car film as well, if only for the reduced amount of choices.

Probably wrong indeed :tease: simply because the Icelandic film only featured one presenter. They may not be Hollywood divas, but with every presenter flown in the expenses grow. More people to take care of them, more cameras to record them, more people to take care of the cameras, ...
The cost for the Icelandic Indestructilux being higher than the three saloons combined probably is dwarfed by the cost for manpower. Editing should be cheaper for a one-car film as well, if only for the reduced amount of choices.

i have a counter for you. consider this:

Andy "james, we want you to go to the volcano and see how close you can drive to the hot bit"
JM: you got to be kidding me
AW: no, really, collect a sample and maybe even do some cooking!
JM: you got to be kidding me. will i be able to drive my Panda there?
AW: no, you have to take a Hilux
JM: no way. to dangerous, not without my Panda
AW: no panda but i will double your pay
JM: sounding better...still no
AW: fine, tripple pay and i wont secretly send Jezza along to screw with you...damn
JM: oh cock, fine, ill bloody do it

see, it did cost as much as a regular 3 host film challenge!

(yes, i know i was reaching here but at least i tried!)

Thoroughly enjoyed the episode. Nice to see a cheap car challenge again. That ADAC was crazy...like the Germans idea of a Transformer. James backing into Hammond was a nice twist on that old joke...payback too for James. The ending was fun, reminded me of the trick Jeremy pulled to win the very first cheap car challenge. I don't know why people are complaining about the scoring, half the time its not serious anyway.

News was entertaining.

I also enjoyed James' Porsche review. It's nice when they mix up the presenters doing the reviews. I would have preferred him be able to narrate/defend the Stig's lap though, my only real complaint.

I skipped SIARPC, but then I normally do unless I actually know who the guest is.

Solid 9/10

Shaping up to be a good season so far!

I thought the episode was decent, but not very good on the whole. I don't even watch the SIARPC any more so that is a chunk of every episode that I no longer even consider in my reviews. The cheap car challenger was good, but some of the jokes seemed lame. The reverse into Hammond was a good twist to the crash into James gag, but overall I expected more. It seemed to be a lot like the previous challenges with the top speed run, quality of car and then how much you paid for the car. James won in the same fashion that Jeremy won the cheap car challenge.

I did like James review of the Boxster. Seemed more like like the Top Gear I am used to. However the gag to get him in the three wheeled whatever and then leave him in there seemed forced. Usually the presenters pull these gags off fairly naturally but for this season the gags seem even more obvious than before. I mean c'mon leaving a co-presenter in a car? Not THAT original IMO.

Overall a 6/10. Hopefully it picks up with the next 4 eps before it goes back on break.

I thought the episode was decent, but not very good on the whole. I don't even watch the SIARPC any more so that is a chunk of every episode that I no longer even consider in my reviews. The cheap car challenger was good, but some of the jokes seemed lame. The reverse into Hammond was a good twist to the crash into James gag, but overall I expected more. It seemed to be a lot like the previous challenges with the top speed run, quality of car and then how much you paid for the car. James won in the same fashion that Jeremy won the cheap car challenge.

I did like James review of the Boxster. Seemed more like like the Top Gear I am used to. However the gag to get him in the three wheeled whatever and then leave him in there seemed forced. Usually the presenters pull these gags off fairly naturally but for this season the gags seem even more obvious than before. I mean c'mon leaving a co-presenter in a car? Not THAT original IMO.

Overall a 6/10. Hopefully it picks up with the next 4 eps before it goes back on break.

for once, i actually think he didnt do that on purpose. i think he really did forget what the gear was and then back into richard. thats why nobody reacted as they usually would. IMO

Brilliant episode - that's exactly what Top Gear should be like. Nothing really outstanding but all very good. Just the right mixture of cars and cocking around. Also a very good SIARPC.

Fortunately lookis like the first episode was just a random cockup.

Therefore 10/10

Enjoyed the beginning with the w201 & the e36, James review was good to. After that it wasn't very good.