[15x03] July 11th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
The new Camaro, at least according to http://www.camaro5.com/camaro-top-gear-review-season-15-episode-3

EDIT: http://www.tvrage.com/Top_Gear/episodes/1064948537

The team drive the Aston Martin Rapide, the Porsche Panamera Turbo and the Maserati Quattroporte as they try to find the world's greatest four-seat supercar. Richard test drives the the Chevrolet Camaro SS and the Mercedes E63 AMG. Rupert Grint and Rubens Barrichello take their turns as the Stars In A Reasonably Priced Car this week,

Last edited:
Radio Times has "To Be Announced" listed at the moment. Hrm...

Will Clarkson actually say this is good?
He bashed the Mustang quite a bit, and that car is beating the Camero in most comparisons by auto magazines.......

After reading so many comparos by American mags with Mustang vs Challenger vs Camero vs Genesis, I want to see TG do one.

According to this article Rupert Grint is the SIARPC. He can't have much of a car history, can he? I'm surprised he's old enough by now to have his licence. ;-)

Is this btw going to be the episode noone is going to watch because the Worldcup Final will be on BBC1?

Well that fits with something someone edited into the Wiki article about the series, however that edit comprised a second guest as well, who will probably have to drive the REALLY old RPC i.e. the Suzuki. I'll still take it with a very large pinch of salt until it's officially confirmed, but the second guest is reported to be Rubens Barrichello. (Although it does fit in scheduling, it's right before the British Grand Prix...)

Last edited:
OP updated. Hammond in the Camaro of course.

Woah, looking forward to this one.

So TG really is going up against the world cup final... I smell bad ratings and huge iPlayer figures :lol:

I think narf will be right about this. :nod:

Well that fits with something someone edited into the Wiki article about the series, however that edit comprised a second guest as well, who will probably have to drive the REALLY old RPC i.e. the Suzuki. I'll still take it with a very large pinch of salt until it's officially confirmed, but the second guest is reported to be Rubens Barrichello. (Although it does fit in scheduling, it's right before the British Grand Prix...)

Confirmed. Went to the filming today (for epi 2) and managed to speak to Andy. He said that yes, they were going up against the world cup final, but weren't bothered about the ratings, and yes, Rubens will be on.

Confirmed. Went to the filming today (for epi 2) and managed to speak to Andy. He said that yes, they were going up against the world cup final, but weren't bothered about the ratings, and yes, Rubens will be on.

Excellent! Hopefully he's in a good mood next week, because a happy Rubinho generally makes for a fantastic interview. :D

Whenever I see Rubens I always find myself wondering where Niles and Daphne are...... :whistle:

Just to put in Radio Times' blob of stuff:

Radio Times said:
Top Gear

Sunday 11 July
8:00pm - 9:00pm
BBC2

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May test the Aston Martin Rapide, the Porsche Panamera Turbo and the Maserati Quattroporte as they attempt to find the world's greatest four seat supercar. Richard is also on the test track in two very different muscle cars, the Chevrolet Camaro SS and Mercedes E63 AMG. And there's a double dose of celebrity as Harry Potter star Rupert Grint and F1 ace Rubens Barrichello take their turns as the stars in the Reasonably Priced Car.

So TG really is going up against the world cup final... I smell bad ratings and huge iPlayer figures :lol:

That explains finding one most of the most boring F1 guys for being guest.

STIARPC plus F1 guest can be good. But the last time it happened, the guest was James Blunt

*Throws up a bit*

I hope Grint is less toe-curlingly, blood-curlingly, bone-crunchingly, self-harmingly irritating

I'm not sure how high interest in the world cup is anymore - I'll look up some ratings figures for the last few games - but without England playing interest drops off dramatically.

The England group games saw an average of 13 million, the non-England games saw an average of 6million - which is about equal to normal Top Gear competition.

Either way it's no different than going up against a Britain's Got Talent final.

The non-England games so far were no world cup final though, I expect those 6mil to rise significantly. Take the 2006 final, 17% of the world's population tuned in. It had no British team playing, yet I expect a higher percentage of British people to have watched the game than the average world population. 17% of Britain would be over 10mil, plus how much ever more British people watch the game compared to the global average.

Status
Not open for further replies.