[15x03] July 11th, 2010

I've got a real close idea for the 58:51 - 59:26 segment. I think it is from the Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater soundtrack. Here's the youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNVCD1dsnJI
The segment in question is 3:21 to 3:01. My guess would be that TG must have looped it or something for just the drums filler part.

I've got a real close idea for the 58:51 - 59:26 segment. I think it is from the Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater soundtrack. Here's the youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNVCD1dsnJI
The segment in question is 3:21 to 3:01. My guess would be that TG must have looped it or something for just the drums filler part.

That drumsection is actually a Stormdrum default loop. (Stormdrum is a plugin for music programs to give them extremely realistic drum sounds.) Some other programs, adverts and even movies use this, or a slightly altered preset, probably because it sounds awesome.

I must agree though, Harry Gregson-Williams was one of the first people to use that in a song. He seems to actually be the person who uses it most.

The actual loop is called Clone Army (As I have gathered from various other posts about the music.

it's probably a long shot but on the US version (?) at least what's on Netflix in the US from about 27:53 to 28:20 when they intro the Camaro the music is a loop with a guitar riff that I can' ID, it isn't Alice in Chains

The music was most recently used in an MTV Teenwofl trailer and I think a big blockbuster movie trailer that I can't recall so it could be stock music, Shazam couldn't ID it at all

it's at the start of the video on here: http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/series-15-episode-3-camaro-ss-vs-e63-amg

ok here it is
US version of Top Gear anyway,
Camaro vs Mercedes at the start of the segment from
27:42 - 28:20 - Paul Oakenfold Hang Tite

That drumsection is actually a Stormdrum default loop. (Stormdrum is a plugin for music programs to give them extremely realistic drum sounds.) Some other programs, adverts and even movies use this, or a slightly altered preset, probably because it sounds awesome.

I must agree though, Harry Gregson-Williams was one of the first people to use that in a song. He seems to actually be the person who uses it most.

The actual loop is called Clone Army (As I have gathered from various other posts about the music.

Indeed it is. This 58:51- 59:26 segment needs to have the question mark and red lettering taken off and be labeled

Stormdrum software loop - Clone Army

Not sure why it's still shown as unidentified on the first page after all this time.

ADDED:
32:56 - 33:50 - The Big Pink - Crystal Visions (Instrumental)
58:51 - 59:26 - Nick Phoenix - Ritual Conflict

Last edited:
ADDED:
00:56 - 01:06 - Wendy & Lisa - Make Me Good, But Not Yet
01:06 - 01:34 - Mark Isham - Lions for Lambs Main Titles
09:52 - 09:59 - Stan Getz - The Look of Love
32:07 - 32:10 - Alexandr Vatagin - Stadions
32:09 - 32:24 - Ramin Djawadi - Jumby Wants to be Born Now
32:22 - 32:28 - Flavio Lemelle - Revealing