Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Last edited:
ENJOYED IT. 8.5/10, though will round up, as 8/10 is too low IMHO. They launched right into it, and I really didn't have time to breathe until the end. (Well, perhaps a bit during the F1SIARPC and SIARPC segments...)

Wasn't particularly "special" overall, BUT it felt the way a Top Gear ep should feel. The film/combined review by the boys was bang on in Part I; not too silly, with some fantastic moments:

* "Manual...semi-automatic...oh, these are the weapons!" - JM
* Hammond = Mr. Grumbletrousers
* Clarkson repeatedly shushing James to hear the Maser (then having his crisis)
* "I have to say, I like the look of it now...it's behind that building." - Clarkson on the Porsche

Chauffeuring was a funny touch. Drag racing and powersliding at the end = lovely, but you just know they're going to forget about the church to the chagrin of the bride/groom/guests. Jeremy blackening his pants = heh. He lucked out with his passengers. However, TG playing up James' character a little too much, I could have done without. Spontaneous funniness IS possible and more satisfying, as the show's shown us in the past...

* "Where is he...? Or, you're already in." - May
* "If I've got whiffy pits, I apologise..." - Clarkson
* "James May can drive somebody to the edge of reason after three minutes." - Clarkson
* "You can remember this day every time you have a dump." - Clarkson

** NEWS **

Very car-newsworthy (4 people run over at Goodwood, Zonda-R around the N?rburgring, Ken Block...) and serious-ish (ie. no one ate any maps). Nice and bantery. And, the rolling Reliant joke continues... *waits for the grumbling/laughs* What was with those toys on the hosts' table?

* Nobody's watching...why don't you get naked? - Clarkson to cute girls
* "You ARE a pussy. A big, irritating one." = Hammond on Clarkson

** F1SIARPC **

Nice, easy interview. Super guy. And, he beats Stig's lap time!

** TEST TRACK REVIEWS **

(Hammond has owned a banjo...?) Redneck setting, heh. Cinematography, as always, was ace. As was that closing music track. (NB: Hammond, shorter hair not only suits you better, but is also easier to maintain. Maybe consider a cut...?)

Am glad they lap the cars round the track at the same time; that's nearing 2:00 more to devote to this week's film. So...will the vuvuzelas return for next week's show? Bets?

** SIARPC **

REALLY good idea to have Grint on; pulls in a different bit of an audience, one would think. He was engaging...and fast! Heh @ "So you weren't nursing a semi?" (Is Scorcese the one who's announced he's aiming to make Grint the "next DiCaprio-post-Titantic"?) I know many don't like this part of the show, but remember, utilitarianism rules in TV; Wilman & Co. has more than just you, me and Random Viewer X to satisfy.

Overall, very happy. But to each, his own!

Last edited:
well... apart from hammonds muscle car bit which seemed a bit pointless (ie the two cars might of shared big V8's but really theyre aimed at completely different people) this was easily the best this season.

great car test, rubens faster than the stig and asking that rupert off of harry potter if he was nursing a semi during the kissing scenes. golden

What was with those toys on the hosts' table?

They were all nodding dogs (and horses by the looks of it).

I gotta say, I pretty much echo all that Lanzee said. Nothing stood out as such, but the whole ep felt really solid, great funny moments without being overly cocking about, kept my petrolhead brain happy as well as my entertainment brain.

Grint was a good guest, can't believe Clarkson asked him that (although it's a valid query, even if he got her name wrong).

Wedding chauffering was a nice touch, and worked well. Rubens was ok, if a touch dull.

Overall - if this was the crappy ep of the series due to competing with the WC, I'm impressed, this season has delivered the goods so far as far as I'm concerned!

Feeling a tad generous so it got an 8. I always vote on initial impressions, and the second half of the main film left me feeling completely 'meh'. Not because it was scripted, a re-hash of stuff done before, or silly - I don't mind any of those things. Individually. But this segment seemed a bit overdone on all three and it just didn't seem to gel somehow. Which was a real shame, because the rest of the episode was, IMO, back to their best, and even the car test bits of that last segment were good.

Overall, though, I'm not complaining, and at least it was a real wedding and not a setup!

For me an enjoyable episode each week they improve compared to the last, hopefully it will continue to do so.

Excellent episode. Amazing camera work, as always.

3 Saloon's review part 1: Excellent. Couple of great laughing moments, that didn't feel scripted or anything.
I really enjoyed this segment.

News: Good. Liking the Zonda lap and Hammand's response as the true Zonda fan that he is.

F1SIARPC: Nice lap, solid interview

Camaro + E63: Nice. I liked it. Though the joke about the Americans calling the Australians for sofistication is the reversed joke as used in one of VXR reviews.

SIARPC: Ginger kid was alright. Although saying you weren't nursing a semi when kissing with Emma Watson is total BS. ;)

3 Saloon's review part 2: Excellent. Laughed a lot. Loving the drag racing and drifting. Suprising conclusion at the end aswell.

9/10. Was super dissapointed with the 1st two episodes, but TG is back with the eye candy and great reviews. The Super saloon reviews were done quite well

A good, solid edition of Top Gear that's worth 8/10 even allowing for the fact that the wedding scenes were slightly embarassing in places (even though of course certain parts were definitely set up), but the wedding did have some great redeeming features including Jeremy's improvised 'trousers' and James getting anxious about the car position. Plus they were brave enough to include some gun references for added topicality (referring to Raoul Moat - consult a UK news website or use Google if you don't know who he is).

And Rupert Grint is trending on Twitter in the UK, which definitely proves that not everyone was watching the football here (and not missing much either)...

9/10, nothing more to say. Really watchable and enjoyable =)

A 9/10 for me. Probably would've ended up an 8 or 7 if it wasn't for Reubens showing up. I'm still waiting to see JK back for the new Reasonably Priced Car bit. I'm sure he chomping at the bit to lead the board again.

The wedding bit wasn't as good as the rest of the ep, but otherwise a solid ep.
Also, i skipped the second siarpc.

8/10

+ very nice guests, Rubens <3 my favourite F1 driver because he is just a nice guy and not an arrogant prick like some others
+ epic cinematography on the muscle car bit
+ funny limousine review, not thaaaaaaat scripted

minor -: hoped to see the new Challenger in that muscle car bit

As well, after seeing some Panameras IRL I start to like them. They look so much better IRL than on pictures...

I'm for one glad the boys actually let someone beat the stig. Overall it was a a good solid episode, lots of funny bits overshadowed by some crappy ones (Hammond depressing the groom.). The camaro review was good, pointless as it may be. The news were excellent aswell.

For next week, I'd like vuvuzelas gone and replaced with something equally fun and annoying at the same time: J-pop.

9/10

Last edited:
First 45 minutes were good, the last was horrible. Absolutely HORRIBLE.

I would like to know: who here, who voted 8 or higher, is married?

Thought so. :| Nobody whos marriage is in recent memory would find anything remotely funny about the bride being late; depending on her mood or outlook on life it could ruin the whole day, because the marriage ceremony is all about HER, and she alone.