Votes: 73 19.0%

Votes: 18 4.7%

Votes: 11 2.9%

Votes: 5 1.3%

Votes: 3 0.8%

Votes: 1 0.3%

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
This episode deserved a 2, at best. If I could select 0 in the poll, I would not hesitate to do this.

The end of the saloons review REEKED of the end of episode 6 of series 9. Completely predictable, stupid and pointless. As soon as I heard the word "chauffeur," I instantly knew what was going to happen, and it panned out as expected.

If I were that bride's father, I would have placed my fist into May's face as hard as I could for being late to the wedding. Probably would have made better television really.

The Camaro review would have been better if it was the only car Hammond reviewed. Comparing it to an E63 ruined the review. I expected more on the Camaro as Hammond obviously appreciates it for its history, power and looks.

Cheers to Rubens for beating the Stig on the track. Probably the only decent part of the hour.

Stuff like James "not on purpose" getting lost and Jeremy doing the retarded tape thing just makes me irritated.

Exactly. Sometimes I think about the moment James was introduced on the show, with that great review about his Bentley. He wasn't captain slow then, or captain gets-lost-all-the-time. He was just James May, a funny guy with some interesting things to say. This whole caricature thing needs to stop straight away. It's definitely getting better than a few series ago, but they still seem afraid to go back entirely to series 2-6.

ANYWAY, Top gear > World Cup. I'm glad I watched this instead of a stupid football game.

This episode deserved a 2, at best. If I could select 0 in the poll, I would not hesitate to do this.

The end of the saloons review REEKED of the end of episode 6 of series 9. Completely predictable, stupid and pointless. As soon as I heard the word "chauffeur," I instantly knew what was going to happen, and it panned out as expected.

If I were that bride's father, I would have placed my fist into May's face as hard as I could for being late to the wedding. Probably would have made better television really.
The family knew what they were getting into--the whole thing was clearly staged since there just happened to be a cameraman in one of the cul de sacs James turned around in.

Decent episode overall but the Camaro bit should of either been only about the Camaro or involved the new Mustang. The Merc isn't a muscle car and it is pointless to compare the two.

The Camaro review would have been better if it was the only car Hammond reviewed. Comparing it to an E63 ruined the review. I expected more on the Camaro as Hammond obviously appreciates it for its history, power and looks.

Cheers to Rubens for beating the Stig on the track. Probably the only decent part of the hour.

you fail to remember that Hammond is a Mustang owner and also, they made a good point, its not proper american muscle car, its F*&^ing ugly, it looks forced and its aussie (no disrespect to the aussies, i love your cars) so im sure they did what they had to do to make the film look better...just sayin

I recall the News segment of July 27th, 2008, when Hammond discussed the Camaro before it launched. He had a positive view of the car, so I was disappointed by the film today. I like how it looks like the Camaros of the 60s and 70s but do agree it isn't, through-and-through, all-American muscle.

you fail to remember that Hammond is a Mustang owner and also, they made a good point, its not proper american muscle car, its F*&^ing ugly, it looks forced and its aussie (no disrespect to the aussies, i love your cars) so im sure they did what they had to do to make the film look better...just sayin

Decent episode overall but the Camaro bit should of either been only about the Camaro or involved the new Mustang. The Merc isn't a muscle car and it is pointless to compare the two.

In regards to comments like this (and I'm genuinely curious, sincerely not trying to stick up for the show, nor be sassy)...

Why is it, then, do you think that some of the biggest petrolheads in the world and the world's leading motoring show believe that the segment WAS worth doing and the two cars WERE worth reviewing together? I would somehow envision this issue coming up in the planning stages, and if the idea were, in fact, complete cack, wouldn't these guys be the ones to point it out first?

Last edited:
I recall the News segment of July 27th, 2008, when Hammond discussed the Camaro before it launched. He had a positive view of the car, so I was disappointed by the film today. I like how it looks like the Camaros of the 60s and 70s but do agree it isn't, through-and-through, all-American muscle.

i just recall the first time i saw one, i almost threw up in my mouth. im kinda bias when it comes to GM and not because im a for guy but from the lack of effort they put into thier cars. i could go on about GM for hours but ill spare you that, as far as the camero, well, it just looks "fake". the new mustang looks like a mustang, it looks like the body style just kept developing over the years untill it ended up here, it looks to me like it is supposed to look in 2010. the challenger is the same, it looks like a modern version of a challenger. the camero, well, it looks like they were forced at gun point to put a camero back on the road and they only had 5 minutes to do it so they went to the shed and blew the dust off a bunch of random parts and this crap came out. its just ugly and the person who designed it should be shot...IMHO.

Sorry about the rant...again :)

Final Gear Top Tip: Do not drink anything during a new Top Gear episode.

"I'll do the bride's mother in the Porsche."

Result: Spillage. :lol:

In regards to comments like this (and I'm genuinely curious, sincerely not trying to stick up for the show, nor be sassy)...

Why is it, then, do you think that some of the biggest petrolheads in the world and the world's leading motoring show, think that the segment WAS worth doing and the two cars WERE worth reviewing? I would somehow envision this issue coming up in the planning stages, and if the idea were, in fact, complete cack, wouldn't these guys be the ones to point it out first?

What I don't understand is how the Camaro and E63 are comparable. The Camaro has a lineage as an American muscle car all the way back to its beginning. The E63 is an executive-style saloon which happens to have a hulking big engine under its hood. The basis for both these cars is completely different. I simply fail to see how they're comparable except for their engine sizes, powerslides and noise. I certainly would like to hear from Wilman and Co. their decision making process for this film, or anyone else's thoughts on how these polar-opposite cars ended up together...

What I don't understand is how the Camaro and E63 are comparable. The Camaro has a lineage as an American muscle car all the way back to its beginning. The E63 is an executive-style saloon which happens to have a hulking big engine under its hood. The basis for both these cars is completely different. I simply fail to see how they're comparable except for their engine sizes, powerslides and noise. I certainly would like to hear from Wilman and Co. their decision making process for this film, or anyone else's thoughts on how these polar-opposite cars ended up together...

i believe they were comparing what THEY see as a "proper" muscle car.

I gave it a 7.

Overall a good episode, I liked the saloon bit. The sound of the Maserati is truly amazing.

The Muscle Car bit was a stretch, a big stretch. Would have been nice if they had done a true "muscle car" comparo with the new 5.0 Mustang, Camaro SS, and Challenger SRT-8. Would have been much more apples to apples overall. But I do understand that it is possible that the new Mustang was not available at the time of filming, but I l ook forward to their review of it wether it's later on in this season, or in an upcoming season. Did love the cinematography during this portion, it was top notch.

The chauffeur bit was OK, but really not all that funny IMO. Nothing really stood out other than the drag race and power sliding at the end.

I gave it a 7.

Overall a good episode, I liked the saloon bit. The sound of the Maserati is truly amazing.

The Muscle Car bit was a stretch, a big stretch. Would have been nice if they had done a true "muscle car" comparo with the new 5.0 Mustang, Camaro SS, and Challenger SRT-8. Would have been much more apples to apples overall. But I do understand that it is possible that the new Mustang was not available at the time of filming, but I l ook forward to their review of it wether it's later on in this season, or in an upcoming season. Did love the cinematography during this portion, it was top notch.

The chauffeur bit was OK, but really not all that funny IMO. Nothing really stood out other than the drag race and power sliding at the end.

yes i must agree, i was waiting for the others to show up untill the Benz came out

i just recall the first time i saw one, i almost threw up in my mouth. im kinda bias when it comes to GM and not because im a for guy but from the lack of effort they put into thier cars. i could go on about GM for hours but ill spare you that, as far as the camero, well, it just looks "fake". the new mustang looks like a mustang, it looks like the body style just kept developing over the years untill it ended up here, it looks to me like it is supposed to look in 2010. the challenger is the same, it looks like a modern version of a challenger. the camero, well, it looks like they were forced at gun point to put a camero back on the road and they only had 5 minutes to do it so they went to the shed and blew the dust off a bunch of random parts and this crap came out. its just ugly and the person who designed it should be shot...IMHO.

Sorry about the rant...again :)

My mom had a Camaro from the late 70s, so I'm sort of biased toward the car in general...I think GM got the styling right with the new one, IMHO. So, I think we'll agree to disagree here :)

But, I sat in one earlier this year at the Philly Auto Show and was simply overcome by how cheap the interior felt. It was plasticky and just like the interior of the Dodge Neon I drove in my high school years. That, by itself, really ruins the car.

My mom had a Camaro from the late 70s, so I'm sort of biased toward the car in general...I think GM got the styling right with the new one, IMHO. So, I think we'll agree to disagree here :)

But, I sat in one earlier this year at the Philly Auto Show and was simply overcome by how cheap the interior felt. It was plasticky and just like the interior of the Dodge Neon I drove in my high school years. That, by itself, really ruins the car.

excactly one of my main gripes about what GM is doing as compared to the other american car makers

Really enjoyable episode overall, really enjoyed the first part of the challenge, the Camaro bit, and both guests. Good pace overall, and, aside from the tape pants ("'Tape Pants' is now logged in to FinalGear.com") I didn't mind the more planned bits.

Gave it a 7. It wasn't bad but there were parts of the episode that I thought were weak. I enjoyed both segments regarding the Maserati, Aston, and Porsche. I knew James was going to get lost ! haha. I didn't get Hamster's rubbish review. Congratulations, you established that a Mercedes is better then a Chevrolet.

The News was great as always. The Zonda R: A road car with fire coming out the back. lol. But seriously who cares about interviewing Harry Potters best friend? It's as if the BBC said well we can't get Harry Potter so lets get that ginger kid that plays his sidekick. (yawn)<_<

Interestingly, Jezza called the Merc ugly and Hammond said he still preferred the Camaro. It is a prettier car, even though I think the new Stang is better looking.

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic... and then the last 15 minutes started.

Interestingly, this was similar to how the first episode was laid out with it's 'TG comedy'... great 3/4's awful last 1/4.