Votes: 73 19.0%

Votes: 18 4.7%

Votes: 11 2.9%

Votes: 5 1.3%

Votes: 3 0.8%

Votes: 1 0.3%

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
Just going through the thread, surprised to see that it doesn't look like anyone noticed that it's like the third time or something that the F1 record and the regular SIARPC were broken in the same ep?

If anyone is looking for the inspiration behind the Panamera's ridiculous looks, I think I may be able to shed some light on that...

http://img39.imageshack.**/img39/6273/panameraclownshoe.jpg

Great ep, the blonde lady to the far left of screen behind Rubens.. my god she was stunning! I know there is a lot of eye candy normally, but honestly.. wow

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it before, or if it's been actually used before, but it seems the production team now have a roof mounted Jimmy Jib on their camera car. AND IT's FRIKKIN AWESOME!!

I LOVED the overhead shots of the Camaro and Benz. Stunning stuff.

Yet another device for me to build. Well done guys. :)

Wow that was an excellent episode and really got me into my Top Gear mood again! Though their wasnt any segment that was extremely outstanding it was extremely well balanced and all done very very well.

The first half of the 4 door Supercars was great and had some excellent camera work and genuine good old bantering. Loved the analogies with the cars to the mafia and proved to be a great laugh.

The news was also very good and had some good moments.

The F1 star in the Reasonably priced car segment did feel like it went on a bit long and Reuben was droning a bit but it was still enjoyable.

The Muscle car segment was fabulous and had some of the best camera angles and editing I have seen on Top Gear. (Those last shots with the Cammaro and the Merc sliding together in the wet with a slight hue of the sun was magnificent) And I Loved the comparison between the Cammaro and the Merc which proved to be a very balanced both showing two different sorts of cars achieving the same sort of fun.

My thoughts when I saw the guest for the star in a reasonably priced car was that it was going to be very rubbish. But then a minute later I was actually enjoying it, it was a very good and jocular interview with heaps of laughs and cracks at Rupert. I really laughed at him owning a Orange Range Rooney and Clarksons question if Rupert liked Emma and then him turning red lol.

The last part with the wedding was also very enjoyable and it really showed the presenters natural chemistry without seeming to be scripted. Which I see is the real key to making a good episode is ensuring that actions arent scripted or are done in a way which either, isnt noticeable or doesnt effect their chemistry and cocking about/banter.

So overall an excellent episode, though with nothing too spectacular but instead being extremely well balanced. I give it 9/10 and the best of this series so far.

Last edited:
i like Formula 1, do i get a +1 as well?

If anyone is looking for the inspiration behind the Panamera's ridiculous looks, I think I may be able to shed some light on that...

http://img39.imageshack.**/img39/6273/panameraclownshoe.jpg

you win!

I actually liked the Camaro vs. E63 AMG quite a lot because it's Top Gear showing you these ridiculous comparisons people will actually try to make in real life.

That's the brilliance of it all, they're not fifth gear, they have developed personas for themselves that hinge around how car owners talk about their cars and who/what they will street race with. I have talked to many owners of sporty cars who claim their car will compete/beat with cars sometimes double the price.

All Top Gear is doing in that sense, is magnifying this car talk and turning it into motion picture. That camaro does look brilliant as well, but it needs to lose 500 pounds. The designers came up with a brilliant looking car, but when it got into the real building stage, all the safety equipment and restrictions hampered the car.

i can agree with that. good point!

Top Gear is back. What a great episode. With the exception of the news and the interview of rubens which could've been a bit better, the rest was fabulous. What great camera work!
Thanks!

If that was the shit episode of the series (due to the World Cup), then this won't be a shit series. Solid 7/10, losing points for muscle car film (as others have said, the 2 can't be compared) and the wedding bit got kind of boring to me.

liked the episode and the soundtracks of the maserati and aston!

The shots of the camaro and the amg were stunning and beautiful!

I don't like the panamera neither but jeremy was a bit overreacting about it..

still solid 10!

I wonder who are the two persons that rated this episode 1 out of 10...I think it was Tiff and Vicky...

regarding the muscle cars, the Camaro is seriously slow- I saw one accelerating and it was embarrassing,the speed didn't match the sound.I am quite sure it is because of the slow automatic gearbox(400hp and 560Nm should do better).

8/10 from me. I liked it but the Camaro vs. E63 just seemed wrong. I was hoping for a Camaro vs. 5.0 Mustang comparison but maybe they couldn't get one.

Great ep, the blonde lady to the far left of screen behind Rubens.. my god she was stunning! I know there is a lot of eye candy normally, but honestly.. wow

I came to write on the board just to say this same thing, great ep as well, but I didn't really hear what Ruebens was saying because of her...

Enjoyed it immensely!

Who would've thought? F1 Drivers Lap Board and SIARPC record broken in the same episode.

I think I am in love with the Camero. It just looks the business from the front, innit?

yet another great episode. anyone not enjoying this series seriously needs to take a good hard look at themselves. :)

"On tonights "Top Gear": A car that costs nearly double is BETTER than another car.

I think it was more two separate reviews and not intentionally a comparison of the two. Chances are that they had the Camaro and AMG available at the same time and they said "well, they both have NA 6.2L V8, both are considered kind of muscle cars etc..."

I think it was more two separate reviews and not intentionally a comparison of the two. Chances are that they had the Camaro and AMG available at the same time and they said "well, they both have NA 6.2L V8, both are considered kind of muscle cars etc..."
They did that with the 370Z and Z4 also. Jeremy said during the Stig laps that the cars weren't really comparable. I think it's more that they allocate precious little time for "regular" reviews these days.

Last edited:
fantastic episode. it flowed really well and i actually liked the 2 guests

clarkson asking the ginger kid if he was nursing a semi was hilarious

It just looks the business from the front, innit?
Rural family business... maybe :lmao:
Anyway, I just don't like the modern breed of muscle cars. There's a whiff of popped collar douchebaggery about them. They're a bit Kanye West if you see what I mean. The Mustang is getting better though, the latest one has almost lost all of the fake tan in favour of some masculinity.