[15x04] July 18th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does indeed look like this is going to be very cringeworthy material. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, but perspectives for this show are extremely dire. Hopefully 15x05, and particularly one segment in 15x05, makes us forget this one.

Too much silliness can be molded into a great package, but probably only if you're called Monty Python.

Last edited:
This sounds like it is going to be a crappy episode that I will forget all about within a week. Oh well can't win them all. Hopefully I am wrong though. <_<

I love how they are essentially saying 'fuck you' to the core fanbase of the show that made TG so big in the first place. Top Gear is quickly becoming a show for 13 year olds. Or maybe I just read that wrong?

*waits/prays for Chris Harris, Steve Sutcliffe, and Tom Ford to make a full on, hour long motoring show*

I don't know, I never thought TG in its new format was serious in the first place. And as far as I know, TG was always a show for 13 year olds. Hell I started watching it in 8th grade I think and I was either 13 or 14 at the time :hmm:

*points at the countless times one of the presenters say "imagine you're 8/9/10/11/12..."*

I don't know, I never thought TG in its new format was serious in the first place. And as far as I know, TG was always a show for 13 year olds. Hell I started watching it in 8th grade I think and I was either 13 or 14 at the time :hmm:

Well I think a realistic answer is that at one point, Top Gear was made for 13 year olds who loved cars (like myself when I was 13)

Top Gear (for the last 2-3 years) has become a show for 13 year old retards. :lol:

I'll reserve judgment until I've seen it, they can still be silly but get some "in jokes" in there that a petrolhead would get, relating to their vehicles of choice.

I've really enjoyed all 3 episodes so far this series, and I reckon it's a bit unfair to be saying this episode will suck before its even aired.

Of course, it might suck... not long till we find out :)

After seeing an amateur clip of Jeremy's motorhome, I am definitely looking forward to this episode.

What's great about Top Gear is that ANYONE can watch it, even people who won't normally watch automotive shows. Sure it's not as technically specific and all that, but if you want specs you can look it up online.

There is no other car show out there (AFAIK) which can be enjoyed by people who are TOTALLY uninterested in cars. And guess what? At the end of the show, whether they like it or not, they will have gained some car knowledge. To me, that's what makes Top Gear unique. (And of course, its totally hilarious).

**DISCLAIMER**
I am NOT one of those uninterested people LOL, I just brought this up because this is the only car show I can force friends to watch who have no interest in cars. While they laugh at Slow and JC, I enjoy the automotive angle of it.

Last edited:
I agree...but they are transitioning towards that group of people solely it seems.

For those with short memories, I might remind you that the 2nd ever episode featured a double decker bus jumping over a row of motorbikes. Those of you thinking Top Gear has got silly need to lighten up. Each to his own opinion, but following a relatively serious start to the series, the rest of us are relishing the prospect of some entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.