Votes: 70 17.5%

Votes: 34 8.5%

Votes: 18 4.5%

Votes: 15 3.8%

Votes: 13 3.3%

Votes: 4 1.0%

Votes: 4 1.0%

• Total voters
I think it was hilarious, I totally enjoyed watching it! And I'd watch it again if the repeat wasn't on Tuesday... Please move it to Wednesdays again like the first week!

Anyway, I hope they'll put some more outtakes on their website. There must be some good outtakes of the surfing and the camping trip! :)

The classic Top Gear bits (review, news, guest) were great and funny on its own.
The rest was necessary to make the other 450 million viewers happy, I guess. Although I think it rather diminished the overall quality.

Ruined, again, by the last segment. As James implied, you did waste my evening watching that garbage.

Liked Andy Garcia's interview and the R8 V10/911 Turbo review. But that's it.

4/10.

Loved it. A good, fun episode. Very scripted, but screw it. It was a laugh.

The whole Lauren thing in the Audi v Porsche film was a bit stupid though. Other than that it was a good, strong Jezza review.

The news, can't really remember it. I giggled at the mercifully silent vuvuzela though :lol:

Andy Garcia's interview was alright. I just spent the whole time trying to understand how he can grow hair directly under his lip like that. :blink:

The challenge, bar the whole faffing about with Hammond's mansion, it was fun. Jeremy screaming in terror as his Leaning Tower of Citroen was weaving and James' hysterical laughter of concern was the highlight.
We all saw the ending coming, but it was funy nontheless.

And 8/10 from me.

As an aside, did anyone else notice that shirt that Richard was wearing was very similar to one he wore in Series 4/5?

In terms of challenges I actually found the motorhome one to be very entertaining, I love it when the 3 of them work together. I wish the news would be a bit longer though, seems in some episodes it is, and it's usually funny. Also, besides the motorhomes there was just the R8 and the Porsche, so this was almost like a "special" (like Vietnam, etc), and not a full episode, I sort of prefer to have more than 2 segments (not counting SIARPC since I'm never too interested in those).

But the motorhome challenge was really good, so I can't help but give it a 9 :).

After 100+ episodes it's hard to be original every time around. Eventually, they'd start repeating themselves. This is not bad with the actual car reviews such as the R8 vs 911T (sometimes there really is not a lot to say about a given car, at least the camerawork is enjoyable to watch), but it gets really annoying that with nearly every cheap-car or how-hard-can-it-be challenge something gets destroyed or damaged in very odd and predictable way.

Rated 7/10

From now on, any TG 'comedy' they get a 1.
p.s. Although i'm gonna claim myself for the Jezza letter intro.

seen better and seen worse. although, none as bad as that last 15 mins. usually I find something to laugh at during their "comedy"

Much better - I really enjoyed that. Andy Garcia is a nice guy is he not? The News was good too! James is really coming into his own in the shows now too.

I nearly turned it off with 5 minutes to go due to the camping segment.

Hammond having a "kitchen fire" that just so happened to be in the center of a metal container that had no roof so that the flames could be seen.
The sheep that randomly got into a normal camp site and shit all over his boards.
The "lets just roll it a little near the edge"

so many terrible terrible ideas for "funny" content. The sort of people that enjoy those parts and think they are hysterical are in the same group as the sun and daily mail readers on why this country is filled with so many idiots in my view.

Flying start. The review was great, the news was also great. I loved that James admitted to not liking the wedding segment in last week's show. The first half of the caravan "test" was also a hoot, especially James' uncontrollable laughter. But the guest was absolute shit and the second half of the motorhome thing was stupid, just like the second half of the notorious original camping film. Once again the ending of the show is a letdown. I'd give it a 7.

so many terrible terrible ideas for "funny" content. The sort of people that enjoy those parts and think they are hysterical are in the same group as the sun and daily mail readers on why this country is filled with so many idiots in my view.

and they're the type of people that TG is depending on for its ratings. if they didn't have them, the show would have been cancelled already.

Fucking awful.

Audi vs Porsche, seen that a million times. And Jezza spelling out every frickin' point he makes? Does he take us for idiots?

News was boring.

SIARPC was kinda cool, enjoyed that part.

Oh but what the fuck, what the horrendous bloody ass of all fuckatrons was the big idea with the mobile homes?

"Hey guess what. We built some crap. And here they are. Oh look at that, Richard built something stupid. Oh no. Now it's on fire." How bloody original. I'll rather watch the old episodes than watch crappy remakes of old episodes, thank you.

The point where I decided to turn off VLC was when TG resorted to cheaper than cheap shit-humour with sheep and James. But I thought since there was only a few minutes left, I'd have to watch it to the end. When they approached that cliff though, I thought something was gonna roll down it. And surprise surprise, something rolled down the cliff. And it seems Jeremy was genuinely surprised as well. And will he be mighty pissed at Richard and James for doing that? Oh yes he was! Double jeopardy for me, I guess.

James put it better than I ever could: "We've completely wasted your evening."

Yawn. But hey, I'm glad Fifth Gear is doing well.

1/10

All of you giving 9/10 and 10/10 are idiots.

and they're the type of people that TG is depending on for its ratings. if they didn't have them, the show would have been cancelled already.

Then bloody cancel it already. If BBC weren't publicly funded, these three would probably be doing their own shows by now.

Last edited:
The whole episode was going so great until Richard's motorhome caught fire. I laughed really hard up until that bit, when the fire and pushing the citroen down that cliff ruined 53 minutes of brilliant Top Gear.

Instead of trying to come up with 7 minutes of bullshit to fill up the program, they could have done a short review of an interesting car or something like the V12 Vantage clip.

Not bad, not bad at all... 8 out of 10. I'll have to watch that again! :D

The motorhome segment did have sme recycled gags in it, but they didn't overdo them this time. Richard's fire didn't end up blasting half of Cornwall to pieces, Jeremy in a wet suit and while the drop off the cliff was a bit predictable, my reaction to it was more "awww" than "AAAUGH".

The news was very nice this time as well, James in particular - the look on his face when the vuzuvululela didn't work... :lol: As for "I found the bit with the wedding pretty cringe-worthy" - thank you for bringing it up!

Then bloody cancel it already. If BBC weren't publicly funded, these three would probably be doing their own shows by now.

I completely agree. The show should have been canned after series 8. And, as a majority of this board have seen, the three guys, by themselves, do amazing work and make shows that are genuinely interesting.

I gave it a 3, and that's mainly for the review and the news. The caravan part...I'll admit it, gave me a few laughs here and there, but I'm pretty fed up with these silly build challenges. And I don't understand why Hammond has recently been given the part of a scripted idiot. IT DOESN'T WORK. He just ends up looking embarrassing and I feel sorry for him that he has to act out like those were his own ideas and reactions.

*sigh*

I might get some flak for this, but I miss the good old challenges, like the Mitsubishi vs. BMW vs. Jaaaag. And I miss genuine reactions.

The R8 vs. 911 convertible review was amazing, loved the conclusion, so so true. The SIARPC was ok, and the first part of the caravan challegen was pretty good, specially james's genuine laughter. The last 10 minutes were crap though. In the end, i call a 7/10