Votes: 34 8.5%

Votes: 18 4.5%

Votes: 15 3.8%

Votes: 13 3.3%

Votes: 4 1.0%

Votes: 4 1.0%

• Total voters
7/10 for me.

The R10/911 review was great. News was great. Andy Garcia was not unwatchable (that nose growth nearly puts Nigel Mansell to shame!), and I thought there were some genuinely funny moments in the caravan film. I prefer unscripted moments of fun. I think the boys are naturally funny in their own way and don't need comedy writers to tart things up. That said, I did enjoy watching Jezza's caravan go over the cliff. I expect Hammond kept his and parked it next to Oliver in his barn. Maybe James will use the Lotus on his next program with Oz Clarke.

They are still capable of producing good TV, and actually still follow through on occasion. There certainly have been great episodes and segments since series 7 that have made the show worth continuing to watch, although that doesn't mean they somehow get a criticism-free ride when they make what I'd deem to be dumb segments. At some point, yes, it will probably come to a point where the positives become so few and seldom that the negatives will make it no longer worth my time. Until then I'll continue to comment and critique as everyone else does.

You still bring up a four year old complaint, is my point. Let's be brutally honest: If you say the same thing for four years, you become tiresome. I'm not saying you should like it, I'm saying you should admit that you don't, instead of hoping for something that hasn't happened for a really long time now.

Talk about "cringeworthy". I didn't really enjoy that. The convertible segment didn't really offer anything. The news was still quite enjoyable, but the motorhome segment again rubbished the whole thing. So predictable and unfunny, really reminded me of the similar, uncomfortable moments in series 8-9. After last weeks limo-driver gag, I thought this 4th one would've offered something more sensible, but no. TG seems to be going a bad way again.

Or maybe it's because I'm not british. What do you say people, was that British humour? What is british humour? Me being here in Finland, I didn't find that funny at all. 3/10 for me.

There were some funny parts but overall this was the first episode ever where I was bored and thinking about stop watching...

This show was enjoyable to watch, even though it was a bit of a rehash of the caravan adventure and had some very predictable incidents. The conversation with the SIARPC guest was very good, and the car review was interesting to watch as well. It seems that this was edited together a lot better than the majority of the shows from series 13 and 14, as the majority of shows in those series' feel disjointed somehow. I liked this episode, and I'm feeling a bit generous, so I'll give it an 8.

Lets ignore the 4 second photoshop, but why not do this? Obviously you wouldn't use a DB9...

http://img835.imageshack.**/img835/4017/camper.jpg

The convertible review is good. The challenge is not bad, while I know it's scripted, it's not too obvious (except for the fire and Jeremy's caravan tipping over).

yes, we forget the joke jezza made a few series ago when he couldnt go pick up the award because he was to busy writing the script. up until that point i dont think i realized it was scripted. i knew it was well directed but i didnt realize it was scripted. i kinda hate the fact that i know now, but, its just another thing that makes it such a great show.

How the hell did they get bits of Jeremy's crap caravan back up from those cliffs?!

I can see where the 'too much scripting' people are coming from, but I'm too busy laughing :) I would gladly watch the 3 idiots watch grass grow.

AMEN! +1 (looks like you need it ;) )

yes, we forget the joke jezza made a few series ago when he couldnt go pick up the award because he was to busy writing the script. up until that point i dont think i realized it was scripted. i knew it was well directed but i didnt realize it was scripted. i kinda hate the fact that i know now, but, its just another thing that makes it such a great show.

its not scripted as in lines to be read, but more situations are laid out for which they have to react to.

example: Borat was nominated for an oscar because of its script.

:blink: I say Jezza, Dicky and Jimmy!!! Which is fucking close.

TG 'comedy' ruins it again.
'No single sex groups?' :lol:
Great guest.
We used to have a 504.
Has no-one told Jezza the C'eed is red?

Last 15 minutes ruined, yet again by TG 'comedy'.
FFS.

You nailed my thoughts exactly. I gave this a 5 since I felt it was half good, half bad. The obvious staging is starting to get to me. Maybe it's just become more obvious to me, but I feel like it's relied upon far too heavily these days.

Andy Garcia was great. The C'eed is definitely red/maroon, not brown.

You still bring up a four year old complaint, is my point. Let's be brutally honest: If you say the same thing for four years, you become tiresome. I'm not saying you should like it, I'm saying you should admit that you don't, instead of hoping for something that hasn't happened for a really long time now.

I brought up the divide between 7 and 8 as a response to the suggestion that Top Gear hasn't changed when it obviously has. My original post in this thread was simply an observation that the show has almost become two separate shows (in terms of tone and audience) to the degree that they warn a segment of their audience of an upcoming show's content.

Lets ignore the 4 second photoshop, but why not do this? Obviously you wouldn't use a DB9...

http://img835.imageshack.**/img835/4017/camper.jpg

If the trailer was fixed to the rear axle of a car you wouldn't be able to turn. The two rear most axles would either need to be right up next to each other, or you'd need some sort of hitch or flexible joint between the car and caravan.

Ok, let's just split up the show in comedy Top Gear, How Hard Can It Be on BBC1 and Top Gear, Just Hard on BBC2.

Then split up the forum as well. That will clear things up.

Incidentally, cheering 10-points reviews are just as boring as the 'scripted'-type comments.

Oh well...

The news and audi/porsche segments were good, the camper thing was a waste of time. I never watch SIARPC, so can't comment on that part. 5/10

If the trailer was fixed to the rear axle of a car you wouldn't be able to turn. The two rear most axles would either need to be right up next to each other, or you'd need some sort of hitch or flexible joint between the car and caravan.

Active rear steering?

I was just so relieved that they didn't run Clarkson's caravan into a bridge! That would have totally ruined it for me. Not bad episode, convertible segment was great, SIARPC was not bad, caravans was good in parts, but after a while a bit boring. I think May would have won in a drag race!

Gave it an 8. Not gonna break it down into sections and add much detail.... Just to say, I enjoyed the segments, the SIARPC was surprisingly entertaining, I liked his Fangio anecdote (cos I'm argentine ... blarh!) and the motorhomes, despite I'm sure some have called it "repetitive, predictable, fake" or whatever, were enjoyable since we hadn't had a "build it yourself" challenge in a while.
Again Im not substracting points cos 'this reminds me of season 4 episode bla bla blah' cos not everyone has seen every episode 4 times like I have, so I'm not expecting them to build a special all-new-just-for-me thing with jokes that have never ever been used. Some jokes repeat themselves, big deal. We've been having television for more than half a century, it's hard to be totally innovative.

Laughed out loud a few times, nice ep. Best watched while drunk (well, like most of TG :)). 9/10

Meh overall. First part was fine, the news was good, guest I had no idea who he was but, as a guest, he was rather entertaining.

Cocking about too much though ruined the 2nd half which is sad.

On another note, did anyone else think that Jezza was wearing James' shirt?