Votes: 24 2.9%

Votes: 5 0.6%

Votes: 10 1.2%

Votes: 4 0.5%

Votes: 6 0.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 0.2%

• Total voters
tonights episode was in my mind one of the best episodes in Top Gear recently.

Toureg race: perfect length, good short little review of the actual Toureg. Cinematography in the race was incredible, so glad they are broadcasting Top Gear in HD, its episodes like today that really do need it. Some of the driving in the race was incredible.

Great news section, not massive car news but very funny, wonder if they will be getting some letters about it though :p

Bugatti Super Sport: beautiful cinematography here too, think James is a great person to do runs like this because you feel more emotion from it in a sense. The speedo was insane.

SIARPC: was curious to see how it would go with Tom and Cameron, but thought they were great guests. Cameron's lap was very impressive looked smooth. Tom's lap though was incredible, and holding it on 2 wheels through Gambon was :O really great guests. Know she's not an audience member but i'd nominate Cameron Diaz for most distracting person this week.

Ayrton Senna film: This could be one of my all time Top Gear highlights. It was a magical piece of the episode, the footage of Ayrton speaks for itself, the sound of the cars. I was too young during the later half of Senna's career (my earliest F1 memories are from 1996), i just wish i'd been born earlier to have lived through the Senna era more. Say what you will about Lewis but you could see it meant sooooo much to him to drive Senna's car, i have no doubt its up there with the world championship for him. felt quite emotional towards the end of the segement that this master of F1 who many regard as the greatest F1 driver ever was killed with so much more ahead of him.

10/10 (the rest of the ep could have been sh!t, that Senna piece was just beautiful)

Last edited:
This was the first time in a while that the Top Gear magic has shown its utter best. I just loved this. The whole Touareg bit was the "low-point", as in something we've seen before, but since it was in the beginning of the episode it only built from there. It was a great fun piece to watch, not doubt. The Veyron part was good and fun in all ways possible. Tom and Cameron being THAT funny and THAT fast, well, I would not have guessed it in a million years. The pi?ce de r?sistance was the film about Ayrton. I think that is the best thing that I've seen Clarkson do in a very, very long time.

This was a 10. A full-blown, whole-hearted 10.

Last edited:
Great episode, but I didn't think it was perfect, so I gave it a 8.

I liked the Ayrton film a lot, very moving, but I had expected it would focussed more on Lewis Hamilton as well. It felt like Jezza wanted to tell more and show more than he had time to do so. Why not make a seperate documentary about it? I'm sure the BBC would have been thrilled to have given him the opportunity to do so.

Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz were very entertaining, but yet again they showed a trailer. #fail :-(

James' film on the Bugatti felt very short. Reminded me of the volcano segment in the first episode, where he was short changed as well imho.

Andy will be looking through this thread with a great big smile :p.

Who was the sad git who gave it a 3? Name and shame.

Sort of agree - although everyone's entitled to their own opinion. A friend of mine hated it simply because she can't stand F1, or the two SIARPC. I'd just really like to know why.

To be brutally honest I didn't really like most of this episode.

- The Touareg bit wasn't that bad, but the similiar RS6 vs. skiers from 9x02 was much better in my opinion.
- Bugatti Veyron Supersports was okay to watch, but it was basically the same as the standard Veyron top speed run a few series ago. Okay, this went a little faster and I quite liked the inside camera to show how fast it was really going, but that's it.
- Worst part for me was the SIARPC bit. Okay, they had two superstars on, but they just didn't 'work' on Top Gear. I actually started to hate the American accent, it's just not right on Top Gear. Amazing to see how Cruise got the C'eed across the line, but that was more or less the only entertaining bit about it.

However, the Ayrton Senna tribute was beautiful. I have never actually been interested in Formula One and I also knew Senna as 'a guy who won a lot of races and died'. I'm still not interested in F1, but they way they made that tribute very moving. Magnificent. And then I hated how the BBC woman sort of shouted at me what the next programme would be after that beautiful ending...

All in all I'd give it a 7.5/10, if the Senna part was missing it would easily score a five or less for me.

EDIT: Oh crap, I can't give a 7.5. Well, I'll round it up to an eight then. Again, just for that tribute :p

Last edited:
So it started of with the Touraeg race, and I though. This episode deserves a 4.

Then came the news, which was very good (apart from the discussion about the ice and friction, which was stupid). I loved the bycicle GT3. So I though, ooh well, I'll give it a 6.

Next was the Bugatti Veyron. James was a bit repetative, saying a lot of things he already mentioned last time with the high speed run. Doesn't matter it was awesome, and that lap was just epic. Episode was up to a 7.

So the SIARPC. I thought it would be sh*t. But it wasn't. I sort of liked Tom Cruise with his awesome collection of bikes, cars and planes. He almost seamed like an alright chap. Cameron was awesome in that Jag. 8/10

And then came the Senna film.
Woow! Nothing more to say. Possibly the best film made my the Top Gear team.
Just like Clarkson I wasn't the biggest Senna fan, but damn did this film open my eyes.

This episode was nothing short of biblical. 10 out of 10 with ease (first 10 in a long time (except for the specials)).
When I get my hands on the 1080i tomorrow I'll be cutting out the first 10 minutes and it will go in my special 'all-time-best-of-TV-ever' folder.

Last edited:
Best episode in a long time. I skipped the SIARPC apart from the laps so it doesn't go towards my rating, but I almost always skip it anyway.

Andy will be looking through this thread with a great big smile :p.

and so he should. it showed Top Gear still 110% has it. Its an episode that so far everyone absolutely loved.

They did a fantastic job

The race, to me, was the dissapointing part of the episode. It wasn't much special, and frankly could have been replaced with something better.
The Veyron SS section was very good. They did it very well I think - brilliantly following on from the original speed run rather than a cheapo 'look its fast!'. And indeed at that speedo... :blink::?
The SIARPC was better than what it could have been. Very much better in fact. While there was a trailer, the film conversation was very short, quickly diverted away from with cars and bikes and stunts. And certainly a couple of amazing times. :) Without wanting to sound ominous, Jeremy did say that Grint's time would take some beating, but Cruise's really will I reckon. Its faster than The Stigs!
The Senna film was extremely good. Considering I knew very little about all that, it was extremely interesting and inspiring. Hamilton worked very well as a feature in the film, too.

Overall, I've given it a 9/10. So close to that perfect 10, but the race let the side down. I think the reasoning for putting it at the start of the show is obvious. But certainly the best show in a while.

Last edited:
Simply the best episode in a long, long time. Everything shone and sparkled off the screen in truly magnificent fashion. Richard's epic run, Captain slow being the ultimate opposite of his title (liked the "the producer has barred me from explaining this in the proper way"). No "funny" sounds during Stig's run. And I agree Blythy that it should become Cruise Corner; best SIARPC ever! But best of all Jezza proving that he can still do good, proper reports without having to resort to cynism and putting on a big mouth. If this is the new Top Gear, it has my blessing. 10, less is not enough.

This IS the best epp that top gear has ever done.

F1 Segment was so touching. The SIARPC was brillent, and the Buggati run was epic!

This one does not require nor deserves analysis.

I've become somewhat cynical of late, and have been awarding marks within the TG canon rather than based on how I feel after each one (which is usually pretty good apart from the last couple of series).

This is the most solid TG for a very, very long time and from me gets a highly well deserved 11/10. Looks like they haven't lost their mojo after all, just misplaced it for a little while. Long may they retain it.

I'd been looking forward to that Senna film for a while and thought it'd be really good but it completely exceeded my expectations. It felt like a classic Clarkson documentary and while it could easily have just been a quick 5 minute film that focussed on Hamilton, instead it was 15 minutes long and very tastefully done. I could have watched 2hrs of that.

The rest of the episode was also excellent. I don't usually like the SIARPC but today I did, James May going 260mph in the new Veyron was great although probably the weak point of the episode as we'd seen it before, the snowmobile race was good fun and featured plenty of stunning shots.

10/10

One of the best episodes of Top Gear ever and the bets hour off tv I've watched all year. Superb.

if u can find something serious to moan about with this ep.... you no longer need to bother tuning in or dl'ing the torrent. if this doesnt impress you then nothing tg do will. this has to be one of the best tg's ive seen in recent years. the senna video at the end was just immense and its jeremy at his journo best... like his WWII films and his Brunel piece.

simply epic 10/10

I'm kind of curious who gave this episode a 3. I know everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but if you didn't like this episode, you shouldn't be watching Top Gear

I'm kind of curious who gave this episode a 3. I know everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but if you didn't like this episode, you shouldn't be watching Top Gear

maybe, just maybe, someone was really, really drunk... and his mouse kinda slipped :) [not me, although drunk as hell I am]