Votes: 24 2.9%

Votes: 5 0.6%

Votes: 10 1.2%

Votes: 4 0.5%

Votes: 6 0.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 0.2%

• Total voters
Proberley one of the Greatest Top Gear Episodes of Recent Years. 10 out of 10.

For me, this was the best Top Gear episode they have ever made. Don't get me wrong, i love the cocking about as much as most people, but segments like the Senna one show that this "Pokey motoring show on BBC2" is really capable of greatness. What surprised me the most was Lewis Hamilton. The amount of respect he has for Senna and his car REALLY showed. Especially the tears in his eyes when he got into the car for the first time. I've new found respect for the bloke since seeing this. Of course the respect all the interviewees had for Senna was also very apparent.

I must admit, i really wasn't looking forward to seeing Cruise and Diaz on SIARPC, because i'm not a fan of either of them as actors. But they were so into it, and all three of them clearly were enjoying themselves so much, that i think this could be the best SIARPC ever too.

The above does make the other bits in the show fade into comparison, but they were really good too. Funny news, and i think one of the best 'car vs something else' segments the show has done in a long time.

Definitely a 10/10 for this one.

Last edited:
I never, NEVER usually post in this thread, because it's normally such an anal, pedantic whinge-fest (Oooh, they made a joke! Three out of ten!), but I'll make an exception this week. I'm pretty tolerant of TG, whichever direction it wants to take. I don't hate the comedy - far from it. It's a tonic at the end of a dull working week, and TG do it pretty well, in a slapstick kind of way. However, there was something classic about this week's show. I felt the same way about the Bonneville film. The right mix of motors and laughs - the show at the top of its game. I agree the Veyron film seemed a bit truncated, but it was conceding time to a long SIARPC segment and, of course, to a Jeremy film. He's the boss, his stuff don't get edited down.

10/10 without a shadow of a doubt.

This is just another level, they've taken it above the sky. Incredible effort and an incredible inspiration. Hats off to you guys!

The Senna film was the best Top Gear segment I have seen for many years. Too bad the Touareg thing and the news sucked.

We now have proof, that you can't be satisfied with anything. Don't bother watching TG again, it ain't gonna get better than this.

11/10. For the whole package. A Ferrari 1-2 and now TG delivers. I'm in my happy place.

9/10

and if anyone is interested. Eric Comas tried to return the favor...

"Comas entered the red flagged 1994 Imola grand prix following the fatal crash of Ayrton Senna. He was frantically waved through the Tamburello corner and narrowly avoided a medical aid helicopter which was due to land on the scene. He retired from the race following distress from the incident. It had been Senna who had saved Comas' life at Spa in 1992 after Comas had a terrible crash at the Blanchimont corner during qualifying. Senna jumped from his car, ran over to Comas, shut down his engine and held Comas' head in a stable position until the doctors could arrive."

Ahem.

20,000 out of 10.

I'm left speechless here. This is one of the best episodes of Top Gear.

I'd go into details but I think it's best to just leave it as is. No need to explain. Can't.

Last edited:
The Senna film was the best Top Gear segment I have seen for many years. Too bad the Touareg thing and the news sucked.

Still a lightly miserable Norwayist then? ;)

Strangely I'm with ahpadt for now, this is what describes the episode best:

More to come when I watched the episode a 2nd time, so no score yet.

Last edited:
Ooookay, here we go:
First things first: 9/10.

Don't get me wrong on this one, I think it was one of the best episodes ever(!) of TopGear. It's up there with the africa special.
But I didn't quite like Hammond's snow/mountain/ice racing. It somehow didn't feel right, cannot explain it. So that's why I only gave it a nine.

Everything else totally blew me away.
News - Really laughed at the Charles Peugeout at Citroen story, made the news bit worth watching.
Bugatti Veyron SuperSports - I'm german, I was sold the moment I heard the word "Bugatti" so no arguing on that one. :D Beating americans by far is just how it's supposed to be [I might get kicked off the forums for this one, right? ^^].
SITRPC - Normally I don't like Tom Cruise very much but he didn't annoy me this time so that's nice. And of course having the celebrity lap record cracked two times in one show is completely amazing. Tom by 1(!!!!) second compared to Cameron... phew!
Ayrton Senna film - This film adequately honored a great man. I'm too young to have experienced anything of this first hand but as an introduction to Senna's life in racing it was just perfect. Hats off for this one, BBC.

Having written my short review I should have given this episode a 10... damn it xD

I find it astonishing that whenever Jeremy Clarkson stops fooling around he produces utterly incredible films. The whole episode was overshadowed by Jeremy's film at the end so there is no point mentioning anything else.

Let me say it like this: Not even a Scientologist and a completely talentless actress could spoil this 10. I mean really the Touareg-part was classic, James in the Bugatti was brilliant, and the Senna bit was totally not Top Gear but great in every way. Especially after this GP today it's really great.

........................................................................................... 10/10

Good Ep!
I even liked the Senna film and I'd never heard of him. Obviously I'm not an F1 fan.
I'd have liked to see Clarkson take the mickey out of Diaz and Cruise a bit more. He was obviously a bit star struck. <_<
Pretty fun to watch them drive the kia though. :)

Last edited:
This ep was epic... Seriously.

Only thing that slightly took the wind out of it was Cameron being somewhat uglier than I remembered =)) Anyway, my first 10.

Great show, even greater ending!

Gave it a 8

Jeremy's film 10/10
It was outstanding, lots of emotion! I have never really given F1 the time of day(for no real reason), but after watching his film I am quite interested!
But sadly in the episode there was more than just this feature which brings the grade down a couple points.

Richards race 5/10
It was really nothing worth watching imo and was the only weak link in this episode.

SIARPC 10/10
Being from Canada i enjoyed the SIARPC bit, i usually skip em because i have no idea who they are.

Captain slows film 7/10
It was okay, not anything different from the first one he did but it was still entertaining and worth the watch, and I was very impressed/surprised that they got the new car on the track. Definitely didn't expect it! And it turned out an awesome lap. Watching the car come into the first corner was epic.

Best of ever ever ever ever ever ever! I had never wrote best for any episode but it is now! we have the best episode of whole 15 season