Votes: 24 2.9%

Votes: 5 0.6%

Votes: 10 1.2%

Votes: 4 0.5%

Votes: 6 0.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 0.2%

• Total voters
Top Gear can still make something truly inspired when they want to.

I think everything has been said already. However this just goes to show that when they do concentrate, they can make fantastic films. I do like the messing about between the 3 of them, but this episode also shows that when all three of them put in a good part equally it really shows how good they are. I think in series of last few years there is too much cocking about and as I always said, if you lose your way, go back to making good quality shows and forget the overly silly films.

The senna Film was perfection... Bought back so many memories of 80's F1. Also reminded me of two of my favourite things - the Adelaide grand prix and the fact that the Malboro McLaren livery was even better than the JPS Lotus Livery... In my opinion anyway.

I have watched the Senna film about 3 times today and I reckon I've been close to tearing up each time I've watched it. Ever Since Senna died I've never followed a "driver" in F1. Losing a hero hurts too much. The rest of the episode was good (and who wouldn't have wanted to see Tom Cruise end the lap on his side!) But the Senna segment.. word's can't describe.

Pretty much everything was perfect. The "weakest" part - if you can call it like that - was Hammonds race. Did anyone notice that May really fully and honestly seemed to enjoy making this film and driving that Veyron to the limit? He seemed just genuinely excited.
3 Lap records smashed, and the film about Senna was Top Gear at it's absolute best.

I enjoyed the Hammond film, I enjoyed the May film. The SIARPC was not as horrid as I expected - and finally, while I never cared that much about f1 (always preferred rally), the Senna film was absolutely stirring. That's why it got a 10.

And I will add, I got the impression that Hamilton was acting, by being so excited to drive that older F1 car. Why choose Hamilton anyway? Is he the biggest Senna fan in he sport or something? No, he is a McLaren driver, driving a former McLaren car.
Have you never noticed how Hamilton's helmet is almost exactly the same as Senna's?

And Senna is probably the reason why Hamilton wanted to drive for McLaren.

K guys, can we try not to drink heavily before voting?

Because it seems like 1..2.. *counts*.... 23 of you missed the 8,9,and 10 buttons.

PERFECT! :rofl:

Last edited:
ONe of the best TG episodes EVER !!!!
10/10 The Senna part just gave me goosebumps

These were on barryboys... :lol:

tomgear.jpg

tomthunder.jpg

With no disrespect intended.....

I understand being a fan of Senna...

I understand loathing Senna....

But not caring....? Sir, do you belong here? If you do not "care" about Senna, I have to question your interest in any motorsport.

My interests dont lie in motorsports, they lie in cars. And for that Top Gear is perfect.
Just because I like women doesnt mean I have to like womens boxing ;)

I've been reading some of the posts this morning. I noticed that the VAST majority of people agree this episode was a good one, but there are of course some haters out there. I did notice though that for most of the haters, this is their first or second post. Seriously? You only post just to bitch? To quote another forum member, go play in traffic.

Touareg: What's wrong with it? It was informative, and I like the Touareg, it's a cool car. And there's nothing wrong with pointing out that it was the first diesel car to win the Dakar, and emphasizing it with a race, which was cool. Maybe Europeans and Australians don't get excited by snowmobiles as much as we do, but they are fun. And for once, the TG presenter won! What's wrong with that?

News: If you hated this, you may be a closet case. The boys simply identify that us guys have the male condition of having to look at cute girls on the sidewalk. We all do it, it's funny to mention it. And the thing about Mr. Peugeot working at Citroen is hilarious. The Porsche bike was aweosme too, reminds me of the heat challenge they did in the Merc that one time.

Veyron SS: Yes, James maxed the old one. Now he's maxing the new one. FYI, this is not the first time that TG has reviewed a car then gone back and reviewed a better version of it. What do you want them to do with the Veyron? Drive it around on some B-roads talking about the value for your money and how much room there is in the boot? It's the fastest car in the world! Of course you max it! And they put it around the track without a 2 year wait. Finally, a car has broken into the 16s. And I willl have my jaw droped every time I see the Stig launch that car.

SIARPC: If you think actors seem fake in interviews, then you already have that perception going into it. On an American chat show, maybe. But we all know Top gear is not a chat show and Clarkson is no ordinary host. Jeremy asked questions, they answered them. That's as far as it goes. Are you really gonna tell me when Cameron was bouncing all over the couch waiting to hear her time that it was fake? And if you hate Cameron Diaz, you are ginger beer or a girl, though I don't know any girl that hates Cameron Diaz.

Yes, Tom Cruise goes nuts sometimes (i.e Scientology). But here's a question: When you think of David Carradine, do you think "the guy that killed himself during a sexual strangulation gone wrong" or do you think "the badass from the Kill Bill movies"? We remember Tom for the awesome things he's done more than the crazy stuff. Also, keep in mind they do multiple laps. If they misshift or do a corner wrong, it doesn't mean it happened on their best lap. They could edit in footage from 5 different laps and you'd never know, so don't assume. I'm sure they use the best footage they have to make the lap as interesting as possible.

Senna piece: I didn't see anyone really have a problem with this but if you did, stop watching Top Gear because Senna rocked.

Still maintain my view last night, best episode ever.

Last edited:
My interests dont lie in motorsports, they lie in cars. And for that Top Gear is perfect.
Just because I like women doesnt mean I have to like womens boxing ;)

But you don't care about the best driver of cars to ever walk this planet?

Just watched, 10 out of 10 for me, I thought for most of us it would be too. Toureg film was good, Ayrton Senna part was friggin awesome and I hate F1 (R.I.P. Ayrton), The SIARPC with Cameron and Tom was a bucket load better than I thought it was going to be, and the Veyron! oooooooooooo god I'm feeling dizzy.

You mean "I Couldn't care less" they mean different things.... think about it.

Nothing mind blowing he says :rolleyes: That was Perfect, if you gave it anything less than 10 then you are completely insane and you should not watch Top Gear any more because it isn't going to get any better than that, I think that's been said already but I've said it again.:p

Let him vote it whatever he wants. its a free vote here. if you wants to give it a 1 then shut up and let him! ;)

News: If you hated this, you may be a closet case. The boys simply identify that us guys have the male condition of having to look at cute girls on the sidewalk. We all do it, it's funny to mention it. And the thing about Mr. Peugeot working at Citroen is hilarious. The Porsche bike was aweosme too, reminds me of the heat challenge they did in the Merc that one time.

To be utterly pedantic, it's not really so hilarious in reality, because Citroen and Peugeot are basically the same company. :p

I thought the documentary clip ended very abruptly, as if a huge source of emotion was taken from me with a swift whip of a hand.

Sort of the way Senna was taken from his fans/people.

But you don't care about the best driver of cars to ever walk this planet?

I cant even remember him from back then, never really watched F1 in the first place. So from my point of view they wasted a good budget on showing some F1 scenes.
Also, from what I saw, I'm not so sure if I would have admired him back then. The scene where he crashed his car into his opponents in the first corner just to win. Strategically a logical move, but far far away from fair play.

watching Senna section... crying manly tears...

Last edited: