Votes: 55 14.4%

Votes: 24 6.3%

Votes: 9 2.3%

Votes: 5 1.3%

Votes: 1 0.3%

Votes: 2 0.5%

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
Once again, two episodes in a row, TG gives us nothing but the love of motoring. Trollbooth, I think you know that really wasn't a challenge.:lol: It was just an excuse to drive some neat old cars and remember what the UK motoring industry used to produce.

Yes, driving a car is fun. And if it isn't....you've bought the wrong car!

Thanks for one of the best (if far to short) series in recent memory. 9.9 on the entire series....it's not a 10 because I want one more!:driving:

Last edited:
I can't believe its over :( I knew I should've but after last weeks brilliance and this week with the challenge it genuinely was a bombshell when Jezza said 'and not only this show'.

What the hell am I going to download next Sun?!

No SLS!

No SLS!

<_< Oh well, why bother with the resurrection of a car legend?

Instead, long drawn out whining about the British Motor Industry. The only people that care, are the ones that actually lost their job at one point. I'm not joking, the last 5 minutes or so, I was zoning out. Here's an idea for 16x01: Detroit, the city that once was. Ooooohhh, exciting.

BTW: Whats with those new lights that look like something from a Christmas tree??? LEDs I guess. Nobody on the show pointing them out, for being ugly? Anyone? I remember when they wanted to change the lights of the 911. And today you feel sorry for everybody who owns a Porsche with those lights.

On a positive note about this whole series: They cut the special effects and went for sort of a classy analogue look. That was good.

solid 8, very good top gear this week. didnt like the guest though. seemed forced. im guessing that TG is reaching the level that they feel its time to bring in bigger stars? i miss the time that the guests actually watched top gear. no disrespect to them or TG but can we have the regulars back for next series?

This is the ONE thing I absolutely HATE, HATE and HATE about Top Gear. I will NOT watch another Ferrari or Porsche review of JC. I am one of the biggest TG fans, I assure you, but I cant stand it. Every Porsche that Clarkson is testing is bad, awful, boring etc (except the CGT maybe) and EVERY Ferrari is good (well almost, but c'mon). It gets boring.....

Sorry for the rant, but I am german and a BIG Porsche fan.

Did you miss the fact he trashed numerous Ferraris in the segment?

And are you also aware that Jeremy secretly DOES like some Porsches he's reviewed; he simply won't fess up to it? And that at one point (early Series 5), he noted he was bored with Ferrari (5x01 news + 5x04, Vanquish S vs. 575)?

Anyhoo. I liked this episode. I don't think it would've topped last week's, because that was brilliant; but they managed to do a good job with this one.

I'd definitely say, overall, this has been the best series since S12, in my book.

Last edited:
No SLS!

<_< Oh well, why bother with the resurrection of a car legend?

They haven't reviewed the MP4-12C either.... maybe they're holding off until they can get these cars on the track together so they can tell the story of Mclaren and MB going their separate ways after the SLR.

Quick one: this morning, compared to last week's 450, "only" 130 voters...so, no Hollywood, no groupies...

They should cut Alonso some slack, it was not the first time we have seen a team order, and for sure, not the last time.
Even his "hero", Hamilton, got to be "champion" due to a team order: same track, Hockenheim, 2008, same hairpin even. Kovaleinen "missed" the braking point, got conveniently wide and waved Hamilton through. He couldn't say too much (he was a clear "nr 2"), but declared later: "you were not allowed to win/race at McLaren". Hamilton "won" the championship by only 1 point...
How many times got Alonso blocked by a slower Massa this year?
How many times did you hear "Button, save fuel" this year? Kind of a funny...Button is a very "mature" driver and his driving style also delivers a lower fuel consumption.
Oh, I see, if Alonso would have got past Masa like Hamilton passed Button in Turkey, then no one would have said anything?

I liked it. Going into it, after last week's, I kept an open mind that it wouldn't be as good, so lowering expectation I was positively surprised.
The 458 Italia is one epic, epic car, but I still don't like the styling. I still prefer the 430 but that's just preference obviously...

News were chuckable and guest was sort of interesting, I like that guy. I was really shocked by the amount of cars and more so the quality of them, just given away to be put down for a 2,000 pound discount on your new one... there were Mercs there that were worth a lot more just in parts I think. I laughed with the jokes about Ferrari and Alonso and what not. Made the episode pretty Ferrari-neutral
The whole british cars film was funny in a kind of fooling around way, which isn't that bad. They make me a little claustrophobic though.

A solid 8 from me, it was a nice ending to this series, I don't think Top Gear is at all out of ideas or dying. It's very much enjoyable to me =]

BTW: Whats with those new lights that look like something from a Christmas tree??? LEDs I guess. Nobody on the show pointing them out, for being ugly? Anyone? I remember when they wanted to change the lights of the 911. And today you feel sorry for everybody who owns a Porsche with those lights.

I recall Jezza critisizing the LED light fad somewhere. Possibly in his Times columns. However he certainly critisized the R8's headlights in what I think was the original R8 review.

Anyway, anyone got a clue as to whose car collection they filmed for the British Car Industry film ending? Hard to believe they would've put all those mint looking cars there for just one film.

You can't deny the fact, that 458 IS one of the best road cars ever made.

Driving up and down a runway for an afternoon = "best road car ever" :rolleyes:

Cars blowing up and being filled with water... Never seen that before :rolleyes:

What is the cassette player type/format of Jeremy's old Britsh sports car is called? It doesn't seem to be a "normal" cassette?

It was good, and i enjoyed most of it, but to me it just felt too ovbouis and overscripted.

The 458 review was a good Clarkson review. I was quite surprised at how much faster it was than the 430. The challenge was a nice ending to the season, though the gags with the hatchbacks got old in a hurry.

Great Episode. Ferrari review was good, is that really James May's Ferrari? I thought he drove his 911 or Panda filming. Does James even own a Ferrari?

British Sport's Car segment was great, sad to see the final resting places of so many great names.

Great guest's this Series.

They haven't reviewed the MP4-12C either.... maybe they're holding off until they can get these cars on the track together so they can tell the story of Mclaren and MB going their separate ways after the SLR.

If they were thinking that way: I don't see a comparison. McLaren/Mercedes was a brief joint venture (even though much better than Mercedes and Chrysler :mrgreen: ). But, the SLS is built on the legacy of the 300SL. The 300SL is iconic, and the SLS is bringing a touch of that history to our present-day. And Top Gear just ignores it. Period. There is no reason to wait, unless TG wants his viewers to get the latest from "Fumf Gear."

Crying about the demise of the British Motor Industry. Give me a break. How about making a car with a decent electrical system? Maybe there wouldn't be a reason to cry. Ending the last episode of the series on a depressing note. First the dead race driver, and this week... Is this turning into a pattern? "And on this long face, we end our episode..."

Want to be patriotic? Make a special about one of the few(!) highlights of the British Motor Industry. E-Type. DONE. People around the world know that car, they love it, they can relate to it. You wouldn't have to live in Northambridgefieldchesterhampoolsmouthbournetongatethorpecastle to enjoy the segment.

Maybe I'm growing out of this, maybe the thrill is gone for me. If some lunatic in the States would build a Ford Mustang with 2000hps..., I couldn't care less. I need some substance or a legacy, any bathtub with a rocket engine doesn't do it for me. I hate any kind of tuning. It has to be a production car that is perfect. Sometimes it's the little things. The most exciting part of the Ferrari segment was for me, to see the rev counter at 9000rpm. The headlights are still ugly though.

I don't know, having seen the show for years and years, meanwhile it seems adolescent to me. Their whole approach to cars didn't grow. That, or silly and pointless banging about. Catering to the "Post-Emmy-Hammond-Crash-Prime-Time-Audience." I'm sure, for some 17 year old dude (who probably owns a PS3), TG is the greatest thing ever. And after the show, he puts on some music,......to learn how to survive in the hood. :blink: <_< :lol:

All I wanted was, the SLS to hit the show (for the longest).

I recall Jezza critisizing the LED light fad somewhere. Possibly in his Times columns. However he certainly critisized the R8's headlights in what I think was the original R8 review.

I'm sure, in a few years people will say "what were they thinking." Those lights look stupid. They look like BLING (...hurl). Really, you should only have lights like that on your car, if you have a collection of gold chains, and if the name people know you by starts with three consonants.