[15x07] December 21st, 2010 [Special]

[15x07] December 21st, 2010 [Special]

• Total voters
I rather liked this special. But I didn't like the extensive cutting. For example the roadworks - thats not the true story. Stay at the truth and it'll still be funny or interessesting. Same thing with the drag race in Manhatten. They just made that up fore telly - very disappointing.

But I can't wait for the other special and the whole 16th series.

sorry if i'm at the wrong place or it was already asked, but... are there any subtitles for this episode?

Speed and they would be in trouble over here - reckless, dangerous, showing a bad example, blah blah blah . ...

It is broadcast on screen over here live with closed captioning thingy, but I do not think that the captured files have them - never use them as I am a Ukanian mind.

Last edited:
Nice episode. The 45 to 55 mph drag race was superb. :D
Since when does James have his new haircut? The long hairs fit him better.
The teaser for the upcoming series was also very interesting.

Would have been solid 9 for this episode but that news segment was so scripter that it started to bother me even if i usually don't care about things like that on Top Gear. USA trip part was good though.
So 8 from me.

Last edited:
9/10

9/10

I came here willing to give it a 10 but then thought that it wouldn't, in my mind, leave any room for improvement, so I gave it a 9/10 certain that an upcoming episode would be better!

As someone previously said, the cinematographical skills in NY were breathtaking! The short redlight race and everything was stunning!
Hilarious quotes from all 3 ... Ones for the record books I'd say!
Jezza : "Now, as we know, there is a financial crisis going on at the moment. But! We've decided, not to take part in it." <3

I'm not gonna dwell on the news bit because "ALL" look-at-motoring-related-christmas-present-ideas news segments have been (intendedly) bonkers!

I'm so happy Topgear is back, and so glad its expected return coincided with my 2weeks off studies.

PS: On the 700mb rip, pause at 55:51 ... And admire!

Last edited:
9/10; I enjoyed it. Knew they'd find some people to make fun of in Wilkesboro. Still amazed that the NC Mtns get linked with Deliverence, when it was made in GA. They didn't really go into detail on VIR, they could have stayed there and made it better instead of the NYC drive.

They thought in the last American trip they'd get shot in the South, they did much better to not get murdered in DC or NYC.

Shocked there was no mention/trip to Tail of the Dragon.

As a side note I grew up one county (about 20 mins) from Wilkesboro, great people, even if we are hillbillies. Glad the mayor got some flat-footing in the show. And I love a couple trips to VIR a year.

Last edited:
7 for me.

I think people get the point about 'The Stig' revealing his identity and leaving, no need to keep going on about it.

7 for me.

I think people get the point about 'The Stig' revealing his identity and leaving, no need to keep going on about it.
respectfully disagree, if a dog craps on your rug then you rub his shitty little face in it. thats all they did (and will continue to do) here, they took a stupid little mutt and rubbed his face in his own stupidity for the world to see. so, yes, keep going on about it TG because he deserves it.

anyways, that was fun, now, who wants some pussy?!?

im not a NASCAR fan but i must say that i was impressed that they gave NASCAR some respect. thats the last thing i expect out of them and it impressed me. im sitting in greensboro, NC at the moment and so it was really neat that they were near here just because i have never been here before and i watch my fav show the first night im in town and there they are! it was kinda fun. anyways, loved it. 8/10

Last edited:
What a cracking episode. Honestly, so many fantastic warming little moments, like the 35 limits on the parkway, the dancing Mayor, the burning 458 t-shirts, the 45 - 55 races, the Stig shootings; all to that glorious soundtrack of their engines. Even the Christmas presents segment was pretty entertaining. A solid 9/10, and one that holds great promise for the upcoming series.

"Put some pussy on it!"

It's well known that they go back and re-shoot segments of the race after the results have been determined as you can't have 400 cameras filming the race. That looks like it's one of those ones they shot after the fact in order to get the shot they wanted. :)

Or in a crazy scheme to make a profit perhaps Mercedes has decided to sell more than one SLS.

I had a good laugh in the news section. America trip was good,and I'm surprised by how much they talked about nascar

About what FruityLexia said :
"7 for me.
I think people get the point about 'The Stig' revealing his identity and leaving, no need to keep going on about it."

I also disagree. It's not like they dwelled on it for hours, they ceased a few opportunities to slide their opinion about what he did in. An opinion which I boldly share and support.
Plus, at the end of the episode, all you really remember is the supercars tearing through the landscape and ... Well, the pussy drink.

Last edited:
Well I think it's hard to do a Car program, and not talk about Nascar. I hate Nascar as much as the next guy with a full set of teeth, but it's still the largest spectator sport in the US. Hard to ignore.

Anyways, LOVED the episode. 10/10. Hammond chasing May in the Ferrari was awesome!

Perfect way to start/end. Then again the trend is towards quality and lesser quantity so happy times are short? ~_~