[15x07] December 21st, 2010 [Special]

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Last edited:
That was...FUN. No complaints here! Adu and I agreed in #spoilers that this felt more like a series START than a series end (especially with the opening "what's to come" montage).

"Pour some Pussy on it."

James doing yoga = CLASSIC/unexpected.

WB TG!

so glad Top Gear is back, and the rest of the season looks awesome.

only downer for me for the whole ep was the two parts in the news that just felt too scripted and ruined it abit for me. but otherwise loved the ep.

The cinematography in NYC was incredible. The whole ep made me want a 458 even more, and also increased my wish to visit NYC.

Richard's little moment was quite scary too.

8/10

I loved the childish attitude towards the stig.

Erm... I can't really say much else tbh.

The rest of the series looks good.

(Is this really 15x07?)

It was even better than I remember from the filming. They cut a really classic bit from the news, but at least they kept the pussy in! I agree with Ellie that it did feel like a series start - I guess they feel like that too having had the break from filming.

Sooooooooo glad it's back!

That dancing mayor - I'd vote for him, seemed a really nice guy. Anyhow great show 9/10.

EDIT/ Oh and an AC/DC track.

Last edited:
I LOLed at the 45-55 drag races :lol:

Also James and "Stuart Little" taking the piss out of Jezza and then "I can still hear you, you short arse!!!"

Loved the Christmas present bit, as usual. And I kind of sort of want pretty much everything they showed :blink:

Great cars aswell. Apart from the "I dunno, LOL" doors, that Merc was quite something. The Porsche was a bit underwhelming, though.

Hammond and James' hair made it look a little like it was 2004 again.

As said above, it was fun :) As was seeing James do yoga :D

Can't wait for St. Stephen's (Boxing) Day now :)

Still I wonder what they will do to replace the Stig - having Tiff as a replacement seems kind of odd, given that Fifth Gear hired Ben Collins?

I loved it as usual. The dancing mayor was great despite the job not being possible and the news was great, messing around and all.

A great episode - definitely a start to the new series rather than a one-off special. And a great one at that! Shame they didn't bring Tiff on - that banter would have been well worth it. Also loving the very Topgearish approach to The Stig - interesting to see the difference in handling between them and Fifth Gear - but good to see they didn't go too far and it was all done in a joking manner rather than just a massive rant about it.

Anywho - an excellent episode - loved the big film; reallly enhanced by the extended episode. They had plenty of time to spend on the road trip, but also had more than enough so the news/SIARPC segments don't seem rushed. Loved the news section especially - wasn't expecting that much cocking about (but it fitted perfectly).

I'd say a brilliant start and can't wait for the new series. 9/10 and it definitely wouldn't be a bad thing (read: do it you buggers) to make every TG episode 75 minutes long.

Why is Hammond so stuck up on Porsches? I mean, he always nags in with one. GT3 that and RS this, it's so damn daft and childish compared to the glorious SLS AMG and the biblical 458.

That aside, my fix of TG has worked, a 10 for it being awesome. And a 10 for the dancing major and a 10 for the new haircuts :D

Why is Hammond so stuck up on Porsches? I mean, he always nags in with one. GT3 that and RS this, it's so damn daft and childish compared to the glorious SLS AMG and the biblical 458.

That aside, my fix of TG has worked, a 10 for it being awesome. And a 10 for the dancing major and a 10 for the new haircuts :D

I think he's still affected by that hypnotist bloke who zapped him about six years earlier re Porsches.

More to the point, did you notice in the preview that Top Gear Australia was going to make an appearance? TGUK's version of TGAu's Special.

He likes Porsches - so what? I adore Lotuses, especially mine, even though they aren't exactly the best car ever made. If you have a passion for something you can't explain it, you just get on and enjoy it and yes, want to convert everyone else to it because you can't understand them not liking it. Good on him for sticking to his guns in the face of all the negativity from the other presenters, I say.

Sure, but you're not on a tv programme, endlessly yapping on about them. His passion just comes off a bit more childish are ''this x and is better than a,b,c,d or f'' than from the other two...well mostly speaking about Jeremy, James only adores pies and two stroke bikes.

Brilliant Episode! The Sound of the SLS was amazing.
Very good Episode, its one you can show to other people and say "This is why I love Top Gear"

btw: Was he-he behind the Telly in the Christmas News?

That was very, very good. Not Carlsberg 10/10 good, but a fantastic episode nonetheless. The Iraq-Palestine special, however, is going to be truly biblical. Which, given the connotations with the nativity story, will be fitting.

btw: Was he-he behind the Telly in the Christmas News?
Yes I was. And so was Mr Wilman. The two are entirely unconnected, honest, I wasn't holding on to him so that he couldn't run away :lol: