[15x07] December 21st, 2010 [Special]

[15x07] December 21st, 2010 [Special]

• Total voters
I love this EP, a solid 9/10 for it. I understand how TV production works so the "excessive editing/cutting/scripting" that some people bitching about here dont really bother me(in fact, those were nonsense batching in most case), the only thing I really dislike is the way Jezza mishandling of the handgun, really, its just far too dangerous to be cocking about, he handle the AR correctly through, and hamster is surprisingly good at handgun(he seems to be quite upset by "the man who no longer is the Stig" too).

Last edited:
This toilet humour horrible acting soaked news segment marks the end of Top Gear for me honestly. The films were quite good, sure, but how can you spoil it all with this tasteless studio rubbish?

Am I the only one who enjoys fine (albeit even a bit boring) documentaries more than low-grade recycled comedy?

-1 for the news and 8 for the rest of it, and no one single vote option to reflect that.

The news segment was hilarious
8.gif

Don't take it so serious,they were just having fun with car related products.

good episode, not very good or brilliant, just good. Didn?t like the news. Way, way too scripted. Cars were excellent except for the Porsche. Can?t really understand why Richard likes Porsches so much. Some of the stuff on the road trip to NYC felt scripted as well. dont like the scripted stuff at all. hate it. I want the kind of show where things happen naturally. but overall, good episode. just get rid of the scripted elements.
and james, what have you done to your hair???

This was such a great early Christmas present. I just keep watching it, bit by bit, and it's fun every time. There was no overdose of cocking about*, no repetitive jokes (like James getting lost or driving extremely slowly), the friendly and helpful hillbillies were a nice surprise, it felt like the TG3 were simply being themselves and so on. I could go on, but instead I'll just watch the episode once more.

10 out of 10 and a HUGE Thank You to the Top Gear team! :clap:

*the destruction of presents is a staple of the show

I liked the cinematography.. much better than the last season. For some reason, there was an overdose of sfx last season.. I always felt the scenes were cut too quickly.. (not that i am an expert). NYC shots and edits were perfect... totally awesome!!

Jezza has balls kicking out a car with the walls so close.
Bugatti dimmer switch!!! Want one. :cool:
You're in for a night of suck, squueze, bang, blow. :lol:
Giantbomb have drunk pussy... not Gurstmann obviously.
Holy shit Tiff back on TG almost
Racing the lights in NYC. :lol:

Jezza has balls kicking out a car with the walls so close.

I agree. I thought that one would end much more badly than a torn-up tire.

I was impressed with the thoughtful way they showed the Wilkesboro Speedway and it's place in Nascar heritage. It's a shame to see it like that.
And having said that, for the record, I don't care 2 sh*ts about Nascar, even if I live in NC. ;)

Very nice! A real Top Gear Episode in all its majesty. 9/10

I have to say the "too scripted" comments about the news baffle me. Who says the news segment has to be improvised? They weren't even trying pass those off as real accidents--no major studio would react to an electrical failure or a fire the way they did--it was clearly a comedy bit, and a funny one at that.

I loved the Stig driveby, Hammond's glee was brilliant "I want to shoot him... IN THE BACK!!"

JM: "So you mean he'll be having an ordinary day and suddenly"
RH: "Yeah, he'll be having a meal, or maybe out with his mates and then .. he gets shot .... IN THE BACK!!"

Also Hammond's response to being told his cat is disloyal "Rucksack won't eat me!"

If I had one complaint it would be about the choice of 911 GT3 RS as part of the challenge. A Gallardo LP570-4 would have been more interesting I think. The Porsche jokes are getting a bit old.

Fantastic - Adored this episode! The cinematography always blows me away, and this episode was beautiful. Rapport between TG3 was wonderful and as always, I loved the Christmas present news segment.

Loved the trip to NYC, but my favourite part was the Stig-shooting, especially Hammond shooting him in the BACK. Hahaha... too funny. Love the Stig jokes in this one. Jeremy is such a brave (reckless??) driver and it showed big time on the Nascar track. WOW!

I was so happy to see Richard AND James have had a bit of a trim - I know it's the wrong place to say this, but they look gorgeous with their hair shorter. I don't get much time to 'follow their every move via the interwebs' these days, so things like this are a surprise (and a pleasant one hehe).

Well done TG & Co. Can't wait to see more and this episode will be watched again :)

I don't know how scripted the VIR bit was about SLS's tail-happiness. I'm sure the producers were trying to differentiate each car as much as possible.

That said, if the SLS is indeed that tail-happy, then I have even more respect for Bernd Maylander now. The dude keeps the F1 safety car on rails going full throttle!

I forgot to mention something: the drag race between Jeremy and James, not Richard, was great and a nice departure from the "Captain Slow" thing. Guess what I'm doing while everybody else in the house is asleep digesting the Christmas lunch. :mrgreen:

That's interesting, a lot of magazines, including TopGear, have reviewed it. I guess they were just driving pre-production mules.... Oh wait! It is available now.

No, Mr. Snark, the US-spec GT2 RS isn't being delivered to USA customers until February 2011, which is fully five months after this episode of Top Gear was filmed. You really think they were knocking out US road-legal production cars that long before delivering them to customers? Come on. Even the reviews you've seen from the late summer/early fall were largely conducted under Porsche's watchful eye in Germany... they didn't sit on some journalist's driveway for a week like many production cars they're given to review.

Argue all you want -- the car simply couldn't have been available to Top Gear at the time.