160bhp fiat 500 Abarth!

Average Guy

was previously known as "Small Guy" and soon to be
Car(s)
2015 VW Polo 1.2 TSI
large.jpg

If a 135bhp with turbo just isn't enough for your Fiat 500, then you need worry no longer.

Fiat's tuning arm Abarth is due to release this 500 Opening Edition that cranks up the power to 160bhp, lowering the 0-60 time by a full half a second to a rather impressive 7.4 seconds.

And although Opening Edition may seem to imply that it's a convertible, it isn't, but you can get the Campovolo gray with a red and white checkered roof if you fancy it. Or you can just get it all in pearly white (which we like better).

You'll also be treated to 17" alloys in titanium or white, plus red brake calipers, tinted glass, a serial number plate and some new badges.

However, if this has caught your eye, you'd better be quick about it as they're only going to make 100 of these Abarthed up Editions.

Did we say that we like the look of it a lot?

LINK

I want one so bad..in America! It will be so cool, I'll intimidate the hell out of douchebags who think their pickup trucks are fast :tease:

The 0-60 is kinda slow given how small the car is and the amount of power it has.
I'll intimidate the hell out of douchebags who think their pickup trucks are fast
Depends on the pickup :) F150 lightning is pretty fast :) I got a friend with a Trailblazer SS that is putting 500 to the crank at the moment, his not done with upgrades either.

I need that Fiat in my life!

You know that it'll be a small pile of rusting, broken parts in a few months?

But for those few months of it working... :woot:

Please import it, Alfa...

i think that car needs to be sold in america. just so i can look at it and go "wow thats a cool little car!"

The 0-60 is kinda slow given how small the car is and the amount of power it has.

Depends on the pickup :) F150 lightning is pretty fast :) I got a friend with a Trailblazer SS that is putting 500 to the crank at the moment, his not done with upgrades either.

its only a 1.4, turbo'd to 160bhp..... so its probably down on torque and turbo lag will likely play a role in the 0-60 dash. but 7.5 is still swift by most standards. its not a super car! lol

It's an awesome little car... but if they sold them here and I was in the market for such a car, I'd go for the Abarth version of the Bravo.

The 500 is so cutesy that even with the Abarth do-over, it still looks cuddly.

I really liked the 500 until I saw it live... it?s just so much bigger than you?d expect from looking at the pictures... actually makes my Mini look tiny (which it isn?t)

don?t get me wrong, I still think it?s the coolest car fiat has brought out in a long time, and anything that brings the Abarth brand back to life is totally awesome anyway...

When are the "normal" car companies going to start making mad cars again..?

I want a Fiat 500 with AT LEAST 250 bhp and 4wd..