• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

16k car

I'd say a loaded used Focus 2 door hatch or even 4 door hatch, a new Mazda 3. Even the new Cobalt could be considered. :thumbup:

Oooh we hit the button at the same time! I was quicker tho :D

Yes, forgot about all the Scions, tC is the best so far. That's a good choice, 160 HP in what probably is a very light car would be excellent. :thumbsup:

good means fast, good looking and handles good. No pick up or suv. The civic si is kind of exp for its package. The civic hatchback type r in euro is better.

I'd get a well modified Japanese car from the '90s. Sometimes owners will put 20k into their car, and it doesn't increase the price very much.

VW GTI VR6. I'm sure you could find one for 16k.

Buying from England, I'd go for one of these with that amount of money:

2004 VW Passat 1.9 TDI
1999 Audi A8 3.7 Sport Quattro

or something similar depending on your proposed usage.

But then again, looking around you Americans have much better cars to choose from it seems, I like these two especially:

1995 Chevrolet Corvette -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6168&item=4538503152&rd=1

2001 Lexus IS 300 -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43918&item=4537759690&rd=1

I might look for some more later - it's quite fun :)

fark.. a 2001 IS300 for $16k! cars must be pretty cheap in the US. done quite a lot of miles, you'd be paying more than twice that in australia :|

Kupo said:
fark.. a 2001 IS300 for $16k! cars must be pretty cheap in the US. done quite a lot of miles, you'd be paying more than twice that in australia :|

maybe cuz USD was about 2AUD not so long ago? :p

fun cars that can be purchased for 16k or less not includeing maintenance or insurance
MR-2 Turbo
88-89 E30 M3
celica All-Trac
any of the awd DSM sisters
RX-7 FC Turbo II
RX-7 FD
300ZX TT
240SX
3000GT VR-4
miata
323 gtx

TF

For whomever is in Europe, you can search uk.mobile.de . You can find some good things. :)