• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

16th Round

Overheat

Forum Addict
I have a band called 16th Round - feel free to check out our debut EP at www.16thround.com (or click on my sig) and let me know what you think of us. Our style is Alt Country / Americana / Acoustic Rock.

Anyway, main reason I started this thread is because we have just got a review at http://www.altcountry.nl/recensiesjuni05.html and I was wondering if someone could translate it for me please.

Thank you in advance.

website is nice. I'd recommend doing a few things with it. Center / not white background. Maybe using css to have it displayed instead of just doing images. Looks nice though.

Wes Johnson have punkband Little piglet one but decide then real music will make. He develops a preference for more melodious and acoustische music and takes a mini mini-cd on Dead Soldiers. Much further then family, friends and some an other ge?nteresseerde do not come he. Of them Paul Butterworth are and that is the beginning of alt.country two-high rolling mill 16th Round. The name is borrowed from the favoriete book of Johnson. If they incorporated in the studio make, missing they a drummer. Those are found eventual still a common knowledge Karl Jenkins. This trio brings out then the EP Matchstick man (in own management). The four songs sound dark and passionate. The song is what to the back gemixed as a result of which not always easily to understand. In Rooftop Gardens a repeting voice... the young girls are so old tonight... The material is still too a little afgewegen judgement be able reach. Because the numbers sound slightly uniform. 16th Round get slightly the advantage of the doubt provisionally. (Peter Pleyte)

From Babelfish.

Hope that helps. :lol:

Site looks great, but perhaps you should have it open up in an appropriately sized window. You could have a simple intro page that notifies the user to disable any pop-up windows. Otherwise, design looks good, album covers look great.

justin.parker said:
website is nice. I'd recommend doing a few things with it. Center / not white background. Maybe using css to have it displayed instead of just doing images. Looks nice though.

It's artistic statement, it's not supposed to be any of those things :p

And I :heart: 'Seaside Heights!' :eek:

Babelfish sucks, I am a star (accoring to Overheat :D:D )

Wes Johnson has a punkband Little Big Men, but decides to make 'real' music from then on. He develops a preference for melodious (sp?) and akoustic music and records a mini-cd on Dead Soldiers. The cd doesn't see other hands than those of his family and friends. One of them is Paul Butterworth, and that is the beginning of an alternative country duo 16th round. They got the name from Johnsonsfavourite book. When they are recording in the studios they are missing a drummer. That will again be someone they both know Karl Jenkins. This trio brings out the EP Matchstick Man (for their own). The 4 songs sound 'dark' and motivated (they really want to make songs).
They mixed the singing to the background, through which the lyrics aren't always clear. In Rooftop Gardens a recurring voice...the young girls are so old tonight?
The material they have is still too little for someone to give a good verdict about it. Also because the songs sound quite uniform

Sorry about the site, I'm not a coder at all. I'm a graphic designer by trade, and that's why the website looks like it does. I did the artwork for the EP too, so I'm glad you like it :)

I'm Paul btw, the lead singer and songwriter is Wes. They are his songs, and I love them all :) My favourite is probably Australia, though it changes daily. I know I'm not meant to like my own music, but I don't really see if as mine, I see it as something I've contributed in evolving, but not as my own.

Hope you all enjoy it. Btw, Jos has translated the text as this:

Wes Johnson has a punkband Little Big Men, but decides to make 'real' music from then on. He develops a preference for melodious (sp?) and akoustic music and records a mini-cd on Dead Soldiers. The cd doesn't see other hands than those of his family and friends. One of them is Paul Butterworth, and that is the beginning of an alternative country duo 16th round. They got the name from Johnsons favourite book. When they are recording in the studios they are missing a drummer. That will again be someone they both know Karl Jenkins. This trio brings out the EP Matchstick Man (for their own). The 4 songs sound 'dark' and motivated (they really want to make songs)

They mixed the singing to the background, through which the lyrics aren't always clear. In Rooftop Gardens a recurring voice...the young girls are so old tonight

The material they have is still too little for someone to give a good verdict about it. Also because the songs sound quite uniform

Thanks dude - I'll update the site with this review :)