• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Last edited:
1 hour 20 minutes?

Well done Dicky, Barchettas are beautiful.
"I'm sure where in the part of town with a BMW dealer." :lol:
The Astra mk3 convertible had the slowest roof mechanism... in the world!!!
Iraqi amusement park. :lol:
At the border with the lighter "You're a funny man."
Jezza flying past Jimmy. :lol:
Dicky was getting pranked instead of Jimmy for once.
"Armed." :lol:
The desert Z3 looked awesome. :cool:
Poor James. :blink:
Burkas... wheres the Daily Mail?
Gold, Frankinsence and Nintendo DS.
Interrupting Jimmy with... "We are now deeply inside Jordan" :lol:
Jesus action figure!!!
Walking on water. :lol:
Baby Stig. :blink::lol:
Great episode.

Most complaints ever? I think so.

Last edited:
EPIC.
Baby Stig.
I haven't seen that comming.
And Nintendo DS...best!

Greets

Probably bad that the biggest laugh of the episode was James being thrown over like a doll and cracking his head open. Looks like a lovely part of the world, as usual though, just a shame the people ruin it.
I also appreciate the cynicism of the "Peace on Earth and good will to all men" quote over images of the fascist state of Israel's walls and checkpoints.

The baby stig was so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
Have a feeling with them wearing burka's and turning Jesus into the stig, they will have found away to bring Islamic nutters and Christen nutters together in complaining.

Last edited:
Found the start a little slow but after they finally got under way it just got better and better, this was Jezza, Captain Slow and Stuart Little cocking about in best form and no doubt the complainers of the world have already contacted the Beeb and moaned.

Highlights for me

The Old Testement Nascar race

Jeremy walking on water

The comment of "We are now deeply inside Jordan"

and of course Baby Stig

Once again Top Gear have done it. :mrgreen:

Since i was lucky enough to found a stream that actually aired in good quality i must say i really enjoyed this special.
i think it wasn't as funny as the specials before, but more serious and somehow also more advanced. This might be in relation to the places they were travelling through, i dont know.
all in all i am glad i watched this and in my opinion you can fairly list this in the boys all time greats, though, it was really different to the vietnam/bolivia/africa specials.

great episode, agree with GraemeH that it looks like a beautiful part of the world, especially northern Iraq.

James accident looked horrible. Loved his songs throughout the episode.

I have a feeling (like Aston Martin) that this will probably be the most complaints ever for a Top Gear episode, but well worth it.

9/10

I did see the baby Stig coming a mile off, but it was still great.

A very nice episode. The less staged of all recent Top Gear i think. Even Jeremy supposedly setting something on fire in the workshop wasn't focused on too much :) Great little ep.

Probably bad that the biggest laugh of the episode was James being thrown over like a doll and cracking his head open.

I laughed out loud and then quickly took a sharp intake of breath and quietly said "oh dear" in a sympathetic tone. "Where is this?"

It was good. Not awesome.
I don't like the sensationalism of going to Iraq. It just feels so "look at me, I'm doing dangerous stuff".

On the other hand the cinematography and the scenery were great and the Stig was a cool surprise. Plus, that Barchetta with the stepped leather seats was sweet.

And now we know for sure that JC thinks he is... well... JC. :lol:

Last edited:
You could see from a mile off that the Stig would be there. I just knew it. I said to my brother just before it happened that a Stig would be in the manger.

Love the Mazda MX5. My dad owns the Mk I with the flippable headlights and I've had the chance to drive it. Felt that the bit about going through Iraq rather sensational but awesome cinematic stuff and final bit was a very funny surprise.

Was rather horrified when I saw James being bowled over and having to go to hospital. My favourite presenter and generally "just a bloke" cracking his noggin' on the rocks! D=

PS - "WE'RE INSIDE JORDAN"

That ending bumped it up to a 9 for me.
First the mouse :D and then the stig reveal, I'm still getting the giggles thinking about it.

this truly was one hell of an episode!

Scenery was awesome, and i really liked it all, even though i thought that the part where they fiddled with Hamsters Radio wasn't neccessary.

I really hope theres gonna be a 1080i-rip of this one, i really do.

There is a veritable shit-storm of complaints on their way to OFCOM as we speak!

Awesome episode.

One thing I really liked was how sincere and 'real' it was at times. They made some pretty big statements with the bit about the birthplace of peace etc, whilst showing the great wall.