[16x01] June 8th, 2009

[16x01] June 8th, 2009

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
I quite liked it, shame they still have Tim Shaw though and the constant outdoing of egos between him and Tom Ford in the studio segments but unfortunately I don't see them getting rid of him any time soon.

Missed the first 15 minutes because I was coming home from work. But the rest was good.

Great to see DC there in a battle with Tiff, and I somehow really liked the bit that Jonny did in a studio about the VW Corrado. Quite refreshing compared to the format they have used.

A good 8 out of 10.

DC? who's that, i'll watch the ep tomorrow.

Did they show the loop the loop again? I sure hope not.

Something wrong with the rip, stops playing after the first break....

Like what i saw though, certainly not as good but a bit more informative.

It's a pretty good season opener. I think it's better than this week's TGA.

EVO X vs Focus RS, I already knew the EVO was going to win, 300hp is too much for fwd. Nice to see some Tiff vs Jason dogfights again. I think this is what's missing in TGA, only Steve can drive, so there's no good head to head reviews.

R8 V10, they should've let Tiff, Jason or Vicki to review it. Johnny is fine for everyday cars, but he doesn't test supercars that well.

Tim's beater, that was kinda funny but pointless.

David Cuthard vs Tiff, that was pretty good, would've been cool if they got a faster car, but still not bad for a celebrity segment.

Next week it looks like it's going to suck though, 2 celeb segments.

It seems like they havent overcrowded the episodes as much with segments this time round, which is good.

7/10

<3 Focus RS noise

Really enjoyed it. Tim seemed worryingly at home in that old snotter and DC was fun. They seem to have balanced the segments quite nicely, didn't seem overcrowded and was informative and entertaining at the same time. I agree that Jonny might have been an odd choice to review the R8 (and how pretty was that car, btw?), but he seemed to enjoy it. A solid series-opener.

*the loop happens*

........................................................................................................................................................................................................

:jawdrop:

Wow.

Very good season opener... lol-ed hard when Tiff turned hard the Caddy van and DC is thrown to the side...

Will VBH, from now on, only appear in the web-tv segments on FG website? During the condensed loop-the-loop segment Tom Ford did the voice over, even saying the same words (script) Vicky said when first broadcasted in the Special Stunt episode. Also, her name didn't appear in the end credits....

I think the torrent is messed up it only works until the first commercial.

Very good season opener... lol-ed hard when Tiff turned hard the Caddy van and DC is thrown to the side...

Will VBH, from now on, only appear in the web-tv segments on FG website? During the condensed loop-the-loop segment Tom Ford did the voice over, even saying the same words (script) Vicky said when first broadcasted in the Special Stunt episode. Also, her name didn't appear in the end credits....

wow, i didn't even notice VBH's absence from the ep until you mentioned it. Guess that says how much i miss her, lol.

I really enjoyed the pacing of this ep. So for the record, FG has managed to cover the Focus RS twice now while TG has featured it...nonce.

That was just awful. Not nearly enough Focus RS/EVO, and definitely picked the worst presenter to test the R8. The cheap car thing with Tim served no real purpose other than to prove you can buy a beat for real cheap and that performance tires are expensive, and why do they feel that each episode needs a stunt? That shit gets old quick.

enjoyed the episode, wish I could find Jason's houndstooth jacket, if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them.

Loved this weeks episode. Not looking forward to next week's celebrity guests though...

Anyone else notice the Top Gear soccer/football Aygo? :p

http://img44.imageshack.**/img44/442/vlcsnap7946675.png

Good episode!

Last edited:
9/10 for me. :cool:
Although, because we have the ability to replay some sections, it was clear that Tiff's shot on Goal would've missed. But the next frame (with the Goal from side-on) shows the ball going beautifully into the middle.
Also, Tiff hit a cone in a left-hand turn with DC. I still don't think DC would've won, though.

But a great Episode. I didn't notice Vicky missing either (...slightly ashamed...:( ). But the format they have had for the last few Seasons is perfect. No silly Diner setting, and that blonde-haired guy hasn't come back.
I like all the presenters they have now. They all have their place. An Jonny's used car segments are especially interesting (a change from always hearing about new cars).

Last edited: