[16x03] February 6th, 2011

[16x03] February 6th, 2011

• Total voters
Pretty solid if not spectacular first half of the show, but then really came home well with the drag race and then the Bank job :D. Some really nice production touches this week also, particularly the soundtrack. Kinda wish it had the Bentley in it as well though... :|

7/10 :).

Last edited:
They should have saved that as the end of the series. Get James to say nothing about his TG future beforehand and voila - instant interest in the next series.

Loved it though, Hammond in the news "Enough"

"required a lot of murdering" :lol:

9/10.

God I want one of them S-class AMG

10/10

Would have been 9/10 but the Zastava/Benetly gag had me laughing like crazy.

I don't normally care that much for the guest segment, but Jonathan Ross was great.

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this - the review of the hot small cars was a particular favourite. Please can I have a scooby Cosworth, no please?

Anyhoo I fell off my chair with the dead victim of the Albanian Mafia who then talked to the guys - it had me in stitches - yes a very very good episode.

Oh btw - those MiGs were awesome. East Europeans stop bloody whingeing will you - hit the off button if it offends you that much and remember you do not pay for it.

Last edited:
It was a good episode, got to say though I think they missed a trick with the Bentley. I think they should have "built" one and systematically taken the piss out of Bentley for not giving them the real car in the first place.

I read JC's comment about him not being allowed to drive that Bentley. So when I saw the first preview fotage of that episode I knew there would be a "replacement". That joke was quite funny - for about 10 minutes.
The news were boring as well as the guest wasn't that funny.
So it is a 8/10. Why? That roadtrip still was good.

Best of the series so far. Didn't expect to enjoy Jonathan Ross but I did.
Albanian film was pretty good. Loved the police chase.
I was enjoying Clarkson's test of the Cosworths and the Volvo until he said none of them were actually available to buy.
7/10

I'd say a 8.

It was good, but it had parts that let it down like:

Wth happened to Ross? He used to be a gentle, fun dork sort of guy and now he's a mixture between a MTV punk'd dude and a grumpy old man.

and

Track stuff, come on Jezza, it's getting got the point where everything he said was somewhat easily anticipated.

In other news.

RIP James May, I hope to see him flying a MIG 15 into the hangar in the middle of the news segment next week.

Where the hell is Albania anyway?

I read JC's comment about him not being allowed to drive that Bentley. So when I saw the first preview fotage of that episode I knew there would be a "replacement". That joke was quite funny - for about 10 minutes.
The news were boring as well as the guest wasn't that funny.
So it is a 8/10. Why? That roadtrip still was good.
You just have the hump because of all the stolen mercs in Albania! :lol:

10/10 for me, really enjoyed it from start to finish. That Volvo was amazing, I thought they had dubbed over an LP560 or something over it lol.

Good cars, what a Volvo !, Ross was a good SIARPC, the Albenia trip was good fun too.

Pretty good ep. The three way test with the "Bentley" is hilarious. I think I'd pick the S65 too. If I want the Ghost I would just buy the 7 series. I don't know why they didn't like the Impreza Cosworth, all these turbo hot hatches has turbo lag, just keep the engine at higher rpm and it's fine. I'm surprised Volvo let them thrash a basically concept car around the track, that was cool to see.

Holy shit I accidentally watched the SD rip and didn't even notice.
Anyway the episode was just brilliant.