[16x03] February 6th, 2011

[16x03] February 6th, 2011

• Total voters
If I want the Ghost I would just buy the 7 series.

Sorry to pick you, but I'm rather bored of people thrashing the Ghost.

To me, it's a great car for a simple reason. As a younger individual who takes some pleasure in driving, has a space hogging wife and a need for a bit of image, you can't do better than the Ghost really.

The S Class may be brilliant, but in a car park at a nearby hotel I can see 3 of them. So what if they don't have a V12, in the world of businessmen nobody has the time to look at the engine.

So you end up wanting a 7 Series but that's just as common as a Merc S Class. When you bump the price and go for the imposing stature and all the pluses the Rolls Royce chaps put in you get a better deal.

Therefore I think the Ghost is a great car, sadly its market is a pretty tight niche.

What were the cars the police was using?

EDIT: Nevermind. Aveos, right?

Last edited:
Does anyone know why Bentley refused to deliver a car for the film?

The fact they used a Yugo as replacement, was definitely a stretched middle finger towards the Bentley guys.

The Albania film bored me, to be honest. Not "scripted", per se, but the jokes were written in. It's like they can't be bothered any more. I'm not looking for a serious road test, but 10x01 or 07x03 are clearly better interpretations of the "three cars tested in a foreign place road trip" film.

Jeremy's road test was excellent. Prefer that sort of stuff to written, predictable jokes playing to characters.

News was pretty funny. Surprised Jeremy likes the FF.

Ross was good as always.

So, 8/10

what a fun show!

"car" and "peach" will never be the same again. Georgia, im sorry but your Atlanta street names just got ruined! "Peachtree Street" :lol:

i loved how the Hatchback film just kept going. i was sure that the RS would be the fastest.

the Mafia film was alot of fun. lots of new ideas there, very fun. the last half of the film was the best though.

i enjoyed the guest, didnt know who he was but still was fun to watch.

Now to deal with some..."cars"

was alright. Clarkson's track pieces are getting a little bit samey now though. Lost of powersliding and a drag race with some close up shots of the car in a brightly lit warehouse.

So, why dont you tell everyone here how YOU would do a car review. Does that not involve all of those elements? WTF?

NO WAY ! That James i leaving/left TG ! Hope he will be in the next episode. He is the funniest from 3 because he has funny immediate reactions !

Actually, they really did rob that bank, James really did drive off a cliff in a Yugo. He is dead. He will never be back on the show again. <_<

Did my eyes deceive me, or did they actually put a James mannequin in the 'Bentley' when it crashed? I swear i saw it fall out of the car.

it may have been just a mannequin with some James hair.

Does anyone know why Bentley refused to deliver a car for the film?

The fact they used a Yugo as replacement, was definitely a stretched middle finger towards the Bentley guys.

What...like this?
bentley.jpg

First post here, but been lurking on the forum for a while...

Anyway, just got done watching the episode and heard Clarkson say that the power lap board is for production cars only (reason why they didn't do a lap in the Volvo).

Fine, I suppose, but what is the Golf GTI W12-650 still doing on it then?

Solid effort. Enjoyed it more than any other episode this series. Gave it an 8, but if they'd actually had a Mulsanne (I am an Old School Bentley Man), I'd have gone a 9.

I saw a hand wiping the TG camera in first section of Albania trip.

The old migs. I really liked the drag race, the AMG appeared really quick when it overtook the Bentley. I went amg = omg.

If Jezza was allowed to hoon the lolvo why not stig ?

I loved this week's ep!

-I actually watched and liked the SIARPC segment! :eek:
-Would have liked more MIGs and less Hammond talking about the damn Merc's seats but that's just me
-Dat Volvo
-Great music choices
-RIP James May :lol:

10 out of 10

Anyway, just got done watching the episode and heard Clarkson say that the power lap board is for production cars only (reason why they didn't do a lap in the Volvo).

Fine, I suppose, but what is the Golf GTI W12-650 still doing on it then?

Because the Volvo was "cool" but that VW was fucking awsome? i really have no idea, lol

It was great, I gave it a 9. It's a shame about James, I had no idea he wore a wig.

jm2.jpg

thats an ass shot! :lol: did you do that on purpose?

Sorry to pick you, but I'm rather bored of people thrashing the Ghost.

To me, it's a great car for a simple reason. As a younger individual who takes some pleasure in driving, has a space hogging wife and a need for a bit of image, you can't do better than the Ghost really.

The S Class may be brilliant, but in a car park at a nearby hotel I can see 3 of them. So what if they don't have a V12, in the world of businessmen nobody has the time to look at the engine.

So you end up wanting a 7 Series but that's just as common as a Merc S Class. When you bump the price and go for the imposing stature and all the pluses the Rolls Royce chaps put in you get a better deal.

Therefore I think the Ghost is a great car, sadly its market is a pretty tight niche.

Imagine it this way.

Take your theory of using cars to show off. It's basically analogous to a gentleman's sausage. Having the Mercedes is like keeping it within your undergarments: nobody (who isn't a car nerd, anyway) will know the greatness of the raw power, the luxury, the class, yet nobody will diss the car either, since Mercedes always make good cars, and it still makes a good impression.

The Rolls Royce Ghost is a bit like strutting around with your cock out, only the cock is an inch long. You are advertising to the world that you have a small penis, and that you don't have a longer penis because you're not good enough. Everyone is just going to point and say "look at him, he's got a small cock", because as good as the cock may be, it will always be compared to but never be as good as the big cock

I don't think Bentley will deny them a car again. They really trashed their name and since there was no Mulsane they can't say anything, only that it was the worst car. he he. An 8

OK folks, giving it a 9 out of 10...the highest I've ever given a regular episode. Why?

1. lots of fun
2. great cars
3. spectacular photography, editing, and all around excellent production

Really, I can't think of a better way to spend an hour that doesn't (necessarily) involve a member of the opposite sex.

Thank you guys...really.

Gave it a very solid 9. No 10 though...I just don't care for the star segments anymore. That S65 was fucking awesome. That Volvo was even BETTER. Now that's what I want out my hothatch. :D. Overall had a great time but I was sad when it ended. Haven't been that entertained in a longtime.

I gave this one a 9/10 as well. Why? Because the entire episode seemed to be about... cars. Amazing. I found the Albanian trip funny and was pleased to see Jeremy stuck in the .. Bentley for almost the entire segment. It suits him, it really does, a definite Bentley-man Clarkson is.

I like the hot hatch segment, as it's the closest thing to a realistic comparison test in a while, although it's somewhat spoiled by the fact that you can't exactly buy any of the cars tested. Still, it was far more interesting to me than another Gallardo/911/whatever shootout.

Can't remember what the news said. Thought the SIARPC segment was great this time, he was very funny.