[16x04] February 13th, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds solid

sounds solid

Yes, this episode looks good. I love the cheap car challenges.

I only have one wish to Top Gear: Invite Hugh Laurie to drive the C ' d !!!

In an unrelated but still important topic. Remembering Clarkson's opinions about the new season of Top Gear USA. How many of you read between the lines that he (or they) may be considering retirement?:

Top Gear is our baby so you can understand why Hammond, May and I were anxious about passing it on to the presenters of the US show. We needn?t have worried because Top Gear is clearly in safe hands, even if they do insist on speaking in those stupid accents. Watching an episode from series 1 with Richard and James, we found ourselves in a genuinely heated debate about which of the presenters? cars was best. We were just three ordinary chaps watching a car show and loving it, which is exactly what Top Gear should be. Bring on series 2.

I don't see anything at all in between the lines there. I mean, along with the US version, there's an Australian version, there's a Russian version, and there may soon be a Chinese version. I don't think there's really any torch-passing going on here. To me, the boys passing the torch would be them all leaving together (IMO, if one goes, the other two will follow) and handing the UK version over to a different trio. But I don't think they're going anywhere until they're ready to call it a day and not a moment before.

I think you're right.
But additionally i think, at the moment the three leave the show, it will be the end of the show alltogether.
Not just literally, i think the BBC would end the program because it's not a car-show anymore, but a Jeremy-Richard-James Show.

Sry for off-topic ;)

BTT: Hope this is really a cheap car-challenge and not something else, i'm not entirely sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.