[16x04] February 13th, 2011

[16x04] February 13th, 2011

• Total voters
W00t! Excellent without being a special - I loved this show - I was so surprised how good it was. That review of the Zonda - bloody hell it was good.

/EDIT That bit removed - had a bad attack of the grumps.

Last edited:
Pretty good show, the helium part was awesome =)

Helium is always awesome. I loved the suprised look on Hammond's face when he spoke and his voice was normal.

I need that new McLaren supercar.

Zonda was good, Pegg and Frost were excellent guests, but I was a bit dissapointed by the used cars. Cars were good, challenges ok, but I didn't like that they stayed on the TG track all the time. A small roadtrip would have been funny or something thats typical for a BMW driver. But it was still a good episodes and had funny moments. Solid 7 for me

I gave it a 7, The challenge fell kinda flat but had it's moments. The news was good, the Zonda clip was excellent and so were the guests!

"Is anybody here Jewish?" asked Jeremy, and only three said yes. Ironic, as Jewish people are so over represented in the TG audience most weeks, they must have some preferential treatment in ticket allocation.

Good to see Pegg and Frost on the show :)

I know I'm probably in the extreme minority here, but I wanted to let everyone know about a problem I have with tonight's episode. I download the mkv and then transcode it back to an avi with a program called mkv2vob so I can stream it to my PS3. It has always worked flawlessly with many different shows until tonight. I started the transcode and immediately it said "repairing AC3" so I knew there was a problem. When it finished and it was started to play, it sounded like the audio was playing a 100x normal speed. I advanced forward for a while and it about 25 mins in, it lost all audio. Don't know who did the rip or the encode tonight, but something with it is not correct.

Gave it a 7. With five minutes left on the show I was readying to hand it a 8/10 but the ending was awkward and disappointing. The rest of the show was pretty solid, nothing spectacular, but still entertaining.

I'm going low on this one 6/10 the zonda brought it up to that otherwise it would have been much lower. So many fun little 4 seat convertibles out there that could have been fun to see play. It might have scored higher if it was a US or an Aus episode but this one was a cost cutter and you get what you pay for.

I enjoyed the episode, really wish they would have put the Tricolore's lap time on permanently. I am really curious what is in my car now, if I were to hire such a service. Also loved to see Nick Frost on the SIAPRC. 8/10 from me. :3

it was great 9/10

Loved the whole thing. when james showed up in that car i about fell over. scripted or not, those reactions were great!

overall, very happy to see the typical top gear idiocy on my TV. thats why i watch!

nice to see them give wishes to Kubica.

I'm going low on this one 6/10 the zonda brought it up to that otherwise it would have been much lower. So many fun little 4 seat convertibles out there that could have been fun to see play. It might have scored higher if it was a US or an Aus episode but this one was a cost cutter and you get what you pay for.

cost cutter? what did you want, 3 4-door used 2011 convertible lambo's? they are used cars and the film was made of challenges "that they came up with" so the track was superb.

Three 325's that barely left the test track area and a single can of helium. That to me is a cost cutter. First there are many other 4 seat cabrio's out there for under 2k so it didn't have to be three BMW 3's. The fact that non of the challenges or games invovled having to actually take a long drive felt cheap.

Sorry compared to past episodes I call it a 6/10

Three 325's that barely left the test track area and a single can of helium. That to me is a cost cutter. (...)
They also hired that forensics team which probably wasn't that cheap. They had more expensive cheap car challenges, but on the other hand the very first challenge of that type waaaay back was very cheap and I still regard it as one of the best.

Gave it a 7. With five minutes left on the show I was readying to hand it a 8/10 but the ending was awkward and disappointing. The rest of the show was pretty solid, nothing spectacular, but still entertaining.
I had pretty much the same feeling. The moment they started with their "stunts" I thought "oh no, here we go again" and then it all ended. I liked the rest of the show though, especially the guests were interesting and I didn't mind the plugging bit.

And how was Jeremy's 325 still street legal? Either it literally had no brakes left or he was exaggerating.

Last edited:
Best episode this season I think(if you don't count the two specials). So it gets a 10 from me to balance things out ;)

Although, I wish that stunt thing didn't end as it did.

Last edited:
And how was Jeremy's 325 still street legal? Either it literally had no brakes left or he was exaggerating.
He was probably exaggerating too. But it's the UK, anything with 4 wheels and indicators is street legal over there.

It felt a little more complete than last weeks episode. It's hard to explain, but sometimes you watch an episode and the hour goes without really leaving an impression on you (eg. 16x02). This episode wasn't special by any stretch and in fact felt a little tired in some places, but it had that lasting effect on me that will make me want to view it again later tonight :). Props for mentioning Robert Kubica as well - 8/10.

"Is anybody here Jewish?" asked Jeremy, and only three said yes. Ironic, as Jewish people are so over represented in the TG audience most weeks, they must have some preferential treatment in ticket allocation.

Good to see Pegg and Frost on the show :)

You've seen the forms?