[16x05] February 20th, 2011

[16x05] February 20th, 2011

• Total voters
At the end it wrote Sir James May, Sir Jeremy Clarkson and Sir Richard Hammond, since when did they get Sir?

That was the joke - Clarkson had said they should get Knighthoods for solving Britain's financial crisis.

Was okay, SIARPC didn't suck as much as usual, but God, she was annoying - she's from Texas, we get it!!

I disagree with a lot of you, a man being set on fire is always funny :)

(Actually JC cocked up, she's a lesbian, not bisexual).

<- *puts fingers in ears* ... What's that you're saying? Laa-laa-laaa.. can't hear you! :D

I found the Audi vs BMW M3 w/Competition Pack informative. If I ever have $60k to spend, I'll buy something else. Otherwise, I liked it. The Snowbine was interesting and unique enough to keep my interest, the SIARPC was fun to watch, even if I can't stand the segment, the news was decent... I'll give it an 8.

7/10 for me. Would be higher if they didnt do the silly stunts in the middle of the snowplough bit. The M3/RS5 but wasn't bad, but watching the M3 drift on that wet lap was sweeeet! Like that they took the rest of the snowplough serious though, was good to see them take something serious for a change. SIARPC was fit as, though a little boring.

Almost perfect episode for me.
Two of my favourite cars in there (RS5/M3), funny snowplough bit.

And I ask you: How can one female be THIS HOT:jawdrop:

So from my fav ep so far this season to my least in one short week. I enjoyed the news and M3, but the SIARPC was so annoying. I'm from Texas, we all read Orwell in school, both Animal Farm and 1984, silly girl. The thing that really got me though was the editing on the snowplow/Norway film. It felt like I was watching a version edited for BBCA due to time constraints, bit disjointed and missing too many of the funny bits.

I have no choice but to award this episode 3 out of 10.

Firstly, how annoying are the opening titles these days. The part that tells you what is coming up on the show used to be really good, but now they make it stupid for every episode (ie "Tonight... Richard wears a blue hat, James wears a big hat") blabla or whatever it was. It was so cringeworthy I blocked it out.

The snow plough feature would have been good if they'd cut out the stupid bits and kept it as a 10 minute feature at the start. I was dreading the words "We're going to pick that film up later", but I had a feeling they were coming.

Anyway, they could have made the snow plough feature 10 minutes long, then done the news, then the BMW vs Audi film, then the star in a reasonably priced car, then maybe the cool wall, then another car review and something else good inbetween that. The episode would have been much better if this had been the case. Or is this just wishful thinking these days? Sigh.

Lowest rating I've ever given to an episode: 4. Would have been 5 if they hadn't gone overboard with the snow plow challenge: James running into the pile of snow that concealed a car, and the man being set on fire was what sealed the fate of the episode for me. When I saw the flame thrower, I immediately thought that it would be ridiculous if they set a man on fire...and then they did. Very cheap...

RS5 vs BMW was kinda predictable and boring. When will they take the cars out onto a proper road?? Who says that the car has to go round corners sideways in order to be good. I doubt any regular driver ever does that on a public road, and if he does he is an idiot! So it's hard to tell which car is better on a track, and they should rather make films the way they used to a good few seasons ago.

SIARPC was really hot!!! Entertaining so that was good. News was awful, and the editing was so bad! Sometimes cut him off and then started from a completely different point. Even in the SIARPC. Was very obvious when they edited.

First time in a while that TG really bored me and disappointed me, and I wasn't too interested in watching it at all. Would rather watch the snooker if that's what they come up with...

Amber Heard seemed to take Jeremy's jokes in good humour. Doesn't matter if she can't drive. She's hot. The end.

Not just for you, because I read it in a few other posts, but I wanted to comment on it.

slow road racer =/= bad driver

They didn't show any clips of her losing control and crashing like an idiot, so I think it's safe to say she's a pretty good driver, just not a fast one around a road course in an underpowered Kia with the steering wheel on the wrong side. :p

I thought the snow plow segment was funny and they do have a point about using machinery that would otherwise be sitting around collecting dust. And I'm glad that Clarkson pointed out how useless some sport-packs are.

I'll hit it with a 7/10.

The BMW/Audi test was informative if you think about it. Next time I see some douche bag in one of those cars, I can be happy knowing they fell for a bunch of marketing gimics and paid more for a worse car.

I suffered through the interview part, but skipped over the driving part of the SIARPC segment. I kept waiting for her to not be annoying, but it didn't happen.

The "snowbine" idea is stupid and the segment wasn't funny. Norway is pretty though.

I was generous and gave this episode a 6.

I'm quite indifferent about this weeks episode.
The girls behind Amber were much more interesting.

I have no choice but to award this episode 3 out of 10.

Firstly, how annoying are the opening titles these days. The part that tells you what is coming up on the show used to be really good, but now they make it stupid for every episode (ie "Tonight... Richard wears a blue hat, James wears a big hat") blabla or whatever it was. It was so cringeworthy I blocked it out.

The snow plough feature would have been good if they'd cut out the stupid bits and kept it as a 10 minute feature at the start. I was dreading the words "We're going to pick that film up later", but I had a feeling they were coming.

Anyway, they could have made the snow plough feature 10 minutes long, then done the news, then the BMW vs Audi film, then the star in a reasonably priced car, then maybe the cool wall, then another car review and something else good inbetween that. The episode would have been much better if this had been the case. Or is this just wishful thinking these days? Sigh.

I agree on all accounts. But the sooner you come to the realization that the concept of the show hasn't been the same in ages (meaning: it's a some sort of scripted comedy variety show, with cars...occasionally), the sooner you'll stop worrying. Or watching. :) There was a time, when an entire TG episode was filled with only car tests and reviews (imagine that!), and no, I don't mean the "old Top Gear" from aeons ago, you only have to go to about 2004, 2005, 2006...

Seriously, does anyone enjoy the "News" bit? I believe this episode was especially cringeworthy. ALL their jokes and supposedly clever loooong comebacks were scripted beforehand - and the blokes aren't that good actors that they'd be able to "deliver" them in a "believable" fashion. You just get the feeling that they underestimate the viewer, big time.

The girls behind Amber were much more interesting.

LOL, I especially liked the one on the right. Cute face. :)

Last edited:
do you ever notice how some of the women shift themselves to be within the frame from of the camera? XD

It's not only the girls who shift around. And it is a lot less sinister than that. If they stayed behind Amber they'd only see the back of her head instead of Jezza.

What is it with showbiz girls of a transatlantic disposition? They all wear the same makeup, have the same hairdresser and in a lot of cases bought their faces in the same boutique. Cheap plastic barbie dolls. Except Julianne Moore. She, of course, is a godess.

Somebody already updated the Bovril wikipedia page re Top Gear.