[16x05] February 20th, 2011

[16x05] February 20th, 2011

• Total voters
for me it?s (on average) a lot better than everything Series 14-15 have offered.
*harrumph*

Series 15, episode 5 would like to have a word with you. Outside, right now, if you know what I mean. ;-)

Just no. Episode that i wont remember 2hrs later and at points just wanted to change channel.... or shutting vlc.
Though i think they will redeem themself on the final episode.
5/10

Last edited:
Racing Snowmobiles in Sweden! That's one of my favorite episodes ever!!!
Wasn't the Senna tribute also in that episode?
Yes to both and there was also the Veyron SuperSport in it... oh, and Cameron Diaz, too. I'll just gloss over Tom Cruise.

6/10. Snowplow portion bored me. Probably the most boring stunt since their Avantime challenge. They should have just left the last portion of the challenge as a stand-alone segment and added something else in (although I admit that would be unlikely given the amount of money they clearly put into making that film). The other bits of that challenge weren't very good, interesting, or funny. On the other hand, I actually enjoyed the Jeremy's RS5 vs M3 review. His lambasting of M3's competition pack was vintage Clarkson.

Amber Heard seemed to take Jeremy's jokes in good humour. Doesn't matter if she can't drive. She's hot. The end.

How scary was it land a plane knowing that the runway had been done by the hosts of Top Gear?

Looked to me like the plane landed on the untouched parts of the snow and later drove onto the TG runway and, since its TG, crashed.
On the other hand it seems like theyve filmed the landing at least two times (one without a camera man in the plane, one time with one in)

Why there is the info on main website that the Top Gear is on the break, but on the movie they said nothing about it and then the woman said - there's more top gear next week... ?

Didn't really like it. Not enough cars basicly, only saw the M3 and RS5 and that only lasted for about 10 mins.

Can't really comment on the "really funny" bits because I have started to skip over those a couple of seasons ago. What I would like is for TG to start being more consistent, for instance JC commented on the RS5 that is was the first Audi he could remember which didn't have the V8 mounted so far forward. And that is didn't help the handling at all.

Euh...There have been tons of RS4 on the program, where they commented the exact same thing and said it did work and the RS4 handled really well. So did they forget the RS4? Or is the RS5 worse then the RS4?
I shouldn't base my opinion of cars on TG obviously, but still it would be nice to know how these sort of cars stack up.

Last edited:
When I have firstly read the rather negative comments, I thought this will be a colossal let-down, but it turned out - it wasn't. I gave it 9, because I love snow expeditions and snow itself. SIARPC segment wasn't impressive but watchable, because Amber Whateverhernameis is quite a looker. However the main drawback with this episode for me was the rather dull Bimmer M3 Competition Package versus Audi RS5 comparison. Nothing new there, never liked the fact when there's car that had already appeared on TG several times, even if the latest version they test is massively tweaked.

I actually found the SIARPC the most enjoyable :p Episode was pretty average overall, but had a few laughs so 8/10

Didn't really like it. Not enough cars basicly, only saw the M3 and RS5 and that only lasted for about 10 mins.

Can't really comment on the "really funny" bits because I have started to skip over those a couple of seasons ago. What I would like is for TG to start being more consistent, for instance JC commented on the RS5 that is was the first Audi he could remember which didn't have the V8 mounted so far forward. And that is didn't help the handling at all.

Euh...There have been tons of RS4 on the program, where they commented the exact same thing and said it did work and the RS4 handled really well. So did they forget the RS4? Or is the RS5 worse then the RS4?
I shouldn't base my opinion of cars on TG obviously, but still it would be nice to know how these sort of cars stack up.

Top Gear knows shit all about cars, that much is clear. To add to your sig; Clarkson tests the Gallardo hardtop and says he expected it to be a big TT, but it isn't. Fast forward a few years, Clarkson tests the Gallardo softtop and claims the hardtop feels like a big TT but the softtop doesn't. Wat.
They're just entertaining idiots, that's all. Which I guess is better than just being plain idiots like anyone else trying to host a car show.

Not the best episode ever, but not complete rubbish either. Mainly the problem was that the snow thing overstayed its welcome. They should've just made it in the UK where/when they had snow, not to overcook it like that on big scale. The M3/RS5 I thought was quite nice, Jeremy did some car testing for once and gave info on the cars. The News was quite good to me, like the Ferrari 150 debacle. Plus they talked about James Bond. The guest was alright, although I didn't know her, and couldn't work out why she was so slow, with her car history (Actually JC cocked up, she's a lesbian, not bisexual). One thing I liked a lot, was that James played Norway's legendary band A-ha in the Dominator. I heard 'The sun always shines on TV', 'Take on me', and James Bond-tune 'The Living Daylights'. Hearing A-ha made me happy, I like that kind of music.

Because of A-ha and James Bond, 6 from me.

When Jeremy jumped in the snow head first I popped a blood vessel laughing...I watched it 20 times.
Amber Heard, in addition to being illegally hot, seemed very natural and cute.