[16x05] February 20th, 2011

[16x05] February 20th, 2011

• Total voters
This was a decent episode. I think the snow challenge would have been better if it was like past challenges everyone would have had a different vehicle

Just a thought. The Zonda film was THE only of the whole series that had any sex appeal for a petrolhead in it (apart from recent guest of course, and maybe that one-off Volvo). Other things were boring and/or silly and/or pointless. Remember their old films where you'd laugh your guts out one moment and get overwhelmed with emotions the next one? Where's that Top Gear gone?

Hopefully the last episode will have some of that with F40, 959, XJ and the Cool Wall making a come back at last.

Anyone else notice the multiple Hans Zimmer tracks this season? I heard some Inception, Transformers and Dark Knight in this episode. It feels like I'm watching some amateur youtube video half the time.

Sorry, but you're alone there. Zimmer's tracks are epic and can make the dumbest of videos..awesome.

Anyone else notice the multiple Hans Zimmer tracks this season? I heard some Inception, Transformers and Dark Knight in this episode. It feels like I'm watching some amateur youtube video half the time.
That's because youtube amateurs (as many TV productions) try to imitate Top Gear and read this forum. Top Gear's music selection is second to none.

I thought it was boring, I still havent finished it. Who cares about some harvester. I know its a comedy show, but I thought it was car related... and the comedy has been pretty stale. Tired of five-minute news jokes that drag on and on. I havent watched sixth episode yet, but so far the season was a dud. I cant remember what a single episode was about. I enjoyed TGA so much more.

This is the first episode that I'm giving a low score to, and it's because the snow segment was not very funny. It was painfully obvious the things that happened were set up and it just wasn't exciting. The rest of the show was all right. 5/10

I on the other hand thought it was great. It was nice to not see purely scripted, comic bits and something where theyre actually serious. Obviously there were scripted bits here and there but I liked it.

Interestingly he even went so far as to travel 4 years into the past and sign up. Just to tell us what he thinks of the latest episode.
That is hugely awesome. Don't hate, bro!

that was his FIRST post. i dont care when he signed up.

just got back from my caribbean cruise, DL the last two eps right away

this one, started well.... descended into something quite horrible by the end. Thats honestly the first time, I've just stopped watching halfway through. The snowbine thing was just flat out crap.

It's usually not a plus when I found the SIARPC segment one of the more interesting segments of the show.

6/10

Agreed, Amber was the best part of the ep and I basically tuned out and did work during the rest of it because it couldn't hold my attn.

I'm just now getting around to this episode, and...

WTF IS THIS CRAP AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO TOP GEAR?!

I'm BORED. This is meh. I think I'd even rate this snow plow film worse than Geoff.

TG is suffering the exact opposite of FG's usual problem: spending TOO MUCH time on each segment. I don't want Fifth Gear-style topic ADD here--I'd like something in between. The snow plow didn't provide enough lulz to fill that whole time. Heck, just give it a mention, show a brief video of the snow plow working, and move on to something that'd actually be interesting, for crap's sake.

I don't have much hope for the rest of the season, TBH. I see "best of" episodes...why?! We've already seen that material. Since when does TG do best of episodes? I guess that's just cutting all the segments down to the length they should've been in the first place?

Oh, and enough of this slushbox RPC. I want to see people who can't drive stick grind gears, curse at it, and STALL. I don't care how hot Tits McYawn is--her time and the others on the slushy car shouldn't count.

When the best part of the episode is a mention of the Broken Spoke (which is, in fact, win)--yikes. Oh, and I don't give a flying crap about Tits Whatever's hair. Take off the tall shoes and drive the "real" C'eed with a third pedal in it.

Last edited:
Since when does TG do best of episodes?

They've done best-of episodes at the end of the year, every year, since 2003 (end of S3). And since last series, at the end of each series, apparently.

Oh, and enough of this slushbox RPC. I want to see people who can't drive stick grind gears, curse at it, and STALL. I don't care how hot Tits McYawn is--her time and the others on the slushy car shouldn't count.

By similar logic, nor should Christopher Eccleston's time in the automatic Liana.

I didn't realize it existed before this season. Either way, I'm not a fan unless they're having to work around a one-legged guest. On top of that, how on earth do you get to be a fan of vintage machinery and not drive a stick on this show? Old slushboxes crap out pretty easily. Jeremy drooling all over himself combined with a genuinely uneventful lap killed this episode's SIARPC, which is a shame. A chick who's into old cars and guns should've been the perfect guest.

Jezza--please go back to the Chris Evans interview and review "how to interview a car nerd." Thx in adv.