[16x05] July 6th, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
Episode 5 of 8
In this episode, Tiff and Jason declare war in a unique tank ?dogfight?. Jonny goes for a spin in the new Golf GTi. Tom teams up with DJ Judge Jules to road-test the new Aston Martin DBS Volante. Tim inspects the state of Britain?s roads. And Tiff casts his eye over the first new Lotus in 13 years.

This week?s episode kicks off with all-out war ? courtesy of a tank dogfight. Tiff Needell and Jason Plato, two of the most competitive men on earth, have free reign over an enormous off-road playground. They are allowed to face off in a variety of tanks from a submersible Russian machine to a British Chieftain battle tank.

Elsewhere, Jonny Smith gets behind the wheel of what could be the most perfect car in the world ? the brand new Golf GTi. Jonny?s high expectations are put to the test when he sets out on an epic journey following the route of Dick Turpin. The legendary highwayman?s tale proves to be more relevant than he expected...

To see if the new Aston Martin DBS Volante lives up to its potential, Tom Ford drives superstar DJ Judge Jules through the night to get him to a gig on time. Jules has always wanted to own a drop-top Aston ? will he be impressed by what he sees?

Tim Shaw, meanwhile, investigates the world of potholes. With councils struggling for money, the state of the nation?s roads is quickly deteriorating. On average, there is now a pothole every 120 yards. Tim hits the streets to assess the damage they do to cars and ?more importantly ? finds out what can be done about the problem.

Also this week, Tiff tries out the first all-new Lotus for 13 years ? the Evora. As a 2+2 seater, it is significantly bigger and heavier than the current Lotus Elise. Tiff gets a feel for the new car?s driving talents, and tests out the back seats with the help of two incredibly flexible friends.

Dogfight will probably be a yawn-type thing cause they'll try to make it funny like TG but won't be able to do it. The Jonny review might be good, though I'm kind of interested in how the track handling compares to the MK5 (i.e. liftoff oversteer). The DBS Volante review is another example of FG doing a crappy test with a supercar. They should give it to Vicky or something, at least she could see how the "Volante" affects the handling, since this is the first Volante since the DB9 one. Jason hated it, but then they made the V8 Roadster, so I wanna see if the new one is more like the roadster or more like the old Volantes. Doesn't have to be a long review since they already did a DBS and a DBS-Paddleshift review. Pothole bit might be interesting since I've always wondered how they've affected the car's suspension. Evora should be good, hopefully won't be cut short like most reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.