[16x06] February 27th, 2011

[16x06] February 27th, 2011

• Total voters
Wow, such a fast reply, thank you sir! :)

I liked this episode. Jeremy's race was delightfully blasphemous.

Enjoyed it. Sad I have to do without for a few months.

I do believe Mexicans have somehow learned english and signed up on here and/or taken over some people's usernames.

The first ever TG episode I ever watched was the one where JC drove a Range Rover up some hill. This one had just about the same feel to it.

The only ugly bits were
-JC raced the breadth of Britain, the sun had to race the rest
-BUTTCRACK OF DOOM! A warning would have beeen nice :(

Every single car review was relevant!

Last edited:
Good way to end the series, but not one of my favs despite giving me a few LOL moments. Bring on 17! :)

I don't get the XJ styling hate.

I like it. One could simply settle in and wait for turning middle aged. It looks such a nice place to be in.
That's a car I could marry.

The Bertone styling simply looks like the old one.

Last edited:
959 vs F40. :cool:
The most dreary news of all time.
Pointless Peugeot.
The worst challenge, ever.
Why show us the diesel?
Several illegal overtakes.
An S65 would destroy that in every way.
Prescott's house is about 5 miles away. <_<
That guy was a rapist.
The Yaris Verso is 148 years old.
Wasn't worth bringing the cool wall back.

What a fucking weird and fairly terrible episode.

Sadly, this. What a forgetable episode this was. And the last of the series, too. This series stands as one of the worst ever made.

I wish James would have showed up on the track with Richard and brought a Countach 5000QV. Otherwise a great episode.

Finally they were serious, no stupid and predictable jokes (except the Audi one, but that one was funny)

From the post-episode comments on the TG website

Anonymous commented on this article

Sunday February 27, 2011 at 9:18 pm

That girl behind Jezza is there every week!

Has to be our very own he-he! :clap:

:blush: Yeah, yeah, whatever, move along, nothing to see here :lol:

Also ... He-He ... how many times have you been in the Studio now? 10 or more? :D
Just the once. The other six times are my evil twin.

Worst series ever. The guest interview was brutal. Nothing but Jeremy trying to boost his own ego. You're not God Jeremy, try to keep the politics and religion to minimum and stick to cars. Jermey's growing arrogance is tragic to watch.

I've watched 16 seasons of TopGear in the last 24 months and it went from good, to great, and now spiralling downward.

I think next year will be critical for TopGear UK. The way things are poised, it might be like watching a dried up old athlete trying to compete in the shadow of their own glory.

In all honesty, I like the SIARPC interview with John Prescott, Loved the race against "God". However, being a Christian, we've taken a lot of flak from Jezza about Christianity. I'm cool with the jokes on Christianity and all but the whole "L" on the the forehead; calling God a loser was a bit over the top. He playing with the fine line again with Christians and I got to say, he kinda crossed it calling God a loser. Now granted, I know it's all in fun and all but there are some things he probably shouldn't do and that was one of them. I didn't even give the whole "Stig being the baby Jesus" play that offensive. But come on Jezza, I like ya as a person who don't mock God. I give it a 2/10 simply for that. This will not keep me from watching next season but please Jezza. Don't call God a loser.

Luca$

Well, I liked it a lot for a non-TG Special episode. I liked the Jag segment a lot, but the 959-F40 thing REALLY made me go :mouse:

THIS.

(Except I voted 9.:p)

THIS :D

Edit: No Quote in Quote? This should be standig over the first "This":
"Originally Posted by MWF View Post
10. Not because it was the best episode ever, but simply because it showed that they still have a clue as to how to make a proper episode of Top Gear. "

Last edited:
I'm cool with the jokes on Christianity and all but the whole "L" on the the forehead; calling God a loser was a bit over the top.

Look at it this way: He never explicetly said he was racing the Christian god. He may have been moking/racing Helios or Ra for all we know.. ;)

Ha! I also noticed that! Look at Jeremy's watch in the Jag film, it's blurred too. Same thing with the clock on the Jag's dash.

I've noticed that as well. I think it's because the the various shots used in the sequence weren't necessarily in chronological order. For example, you might see the time on Jeremy's watch to read 4:20am in one shot, and then 10pm the next. Blurring the watch helps eliminate continuity errors.

10. Not because it was the best episode ever, but simply because it showed that they still have a clue as to how to make a proper episode of Top Gear.

Did the same.

9/10 - lovely jubbly! Very nostalgic and it was great to see the presenters doing their own solo projects that they're honestly enthusiastic about. Excellent end to an overall enjoyable series.

Small addendum for those citing this as an apparent perfect template though: wouldn't you miss their joint pieces, or do you just mean you want to see more episodes like this, not that all the episodes have to be?