[16x06] February 27th, 2011

[16x06] February 27th, 2011

• Total voters
9.5 Excellent Episode! Was hoping to see the Marauder from the Season preview, crashing though the wall behind the homeless guy. Maybe it'll appear in the Clip show next week :/

In all honesty, I like the SIARPC interview with John Prescott, Loved the race against "God". However, being a Christian, we've taken a lot of flak from Jezza about Christianity. I'm cool with the jokes on Christianity and all but the whole "L" on the the forehead; calling God a loser was a bit over the top. He playing with the fine line again with Christians and I got to say, he kinda crossed it calling God a loser. Now granted, I know it's all in fun and all but there are some things he probably shouldn't do and that was one of them. I didn't even give the whole "Stig being the baby Jesus" play that offensive. But come on Jezza, I like ya as a person who don't mock God. I give it a 2/10 simply for that. This will not keep me from watching next season but please Jezza. Don't call God a loser.

Luca$

Look at it this way: He never explicetly said he was racing the Christian god. He may have been moking/racing Helios or Ra for all we know.. ;)

As a sun worshipper, I took offense to that!

Sooo, does someone believe an old man with a beard will file a law suit against Top Gear now? I don't think so. If the God of the bible would really exist and feel offended, Jeremy Clarkson would have been hit by lightning right where he stood.

Could a group of Christian zealots sue Top Gear for being blasphemous towards their worshipped higher being? Yeah, possible. But completely irrelevant because Christianity is about forgiveness and holding out the other cheek, isn't it?

So let's move on.

Last edited:
No. Someone who looks a lot like Morgan Freeman will. :p

That would at least prove, that God has a greater sense of humour, than his followers ;)

Exactly the reason I gave it a 10 as well. Sort of a sigh of relief, if you know what I mean? It was brilliant - not their best, but still sodding awesome.

I picked purple 'cos I've done a lot of research into my various outfits worn to filming, and that colour seems to stand out the best. And yes, I had a great time thank you :p

You've been to the filming more than once? How long have you waited before the first tickets? I've been waiting for more than 3 year, I think, for some tickets.

You've been to the filming more than once? How long have you waited before the first tickets? I've been waiting for more than 3 year, I think, for some tickets.
She?s already got a mug with her name on it on the shelf in the tea-kitchen and a pink X on the floor behind Jezza during the news where she always stands :p (yes, we all jealous a lot!)

[...]Just the once. The other six times are my evil twin.
... I like what you did to your hair, btw. Being a Dude, what exactly lies beyond me ... but you looked especially lovley this time around ... (no, not kidding)

9.5 Excellent Episode! Was hoping to see the Marauder from the Season preview, crashing though the wall behind the homeless guy. Maybe it'll appear in the Clip show next week :/

They might be doing a surprise special featuring that.

Small addendum for those citing this as an apparent perfect template though: wouldn't you miss their joint pieces, or do you just mean you want to see more episodes like this, not that all the episodes have to be?

I love the joint features, but they do not need to shove 3-4 of them in a 6 episode season.

Been on the reserve list since it began back in 2002. First went in 2009 (S13E07) on a friend's ticket; got my own for S15E02. Rest of the times are a mix of the new system when you re-apply every series so you can get tickets more than once yourself and friends taking me. Plus I don't work Wednesdays, only live 45 mins away from Dunsfold, so can go at the last minute.

She?s already got a mug with her name on it on the shelf in the tea-kitchen and a pink X on the floor behind Jezza during the news where she always stands :p (yes, we all jealous a lot!)
:lmao:

... I like what you did to your hair, btw. Being a Dude, what exactly lies beyond me ... but you looked especially lovley this time around ... (no, not kidding)
Aww, thanks :blush: But I can't take any credit - it simply got wet in the rain!

10. Not because it was the best episode ever, but simply because it showed that they still have a clue as to how to make a proper episode of Top Gear.

I couldn't have said it better. I didn't give it a 10, but it was a solid 9, in my opinion, and that's after a very subpar episode last week. Great car reviews (except they couldn't turn a timed lap), Clarkson and John Prescott were pretty damn funny together (except he couldn't turn a lap either, at least not very quickly), an interesting race against the sunrise, and honestly, I enjoyed James's segment with the lunar rover. All around, a proper episode and quality season finale, especially after a couple of rather disappointing episodes this season.

Sooo, does someone believe an old man with a beard will file a law suit against Top Gear now? I don't think so. If the God of the bible would really exist and feel offended, Jeremy Clarkson would have been hit by lightning right where he stood.

Could a group of Christian zealots sue Top Gear for being blasphemous towards their worshipped higher being? Yeah, possible. But completely irrelevant because Christianity is about forgiveness and holding out the other cheek, isn't it?

So let's move on.

?? what are you on about?

who said anything about suing? holding out the other cheek? Isn't this a forum where we share our impression about a TV show?

I think you changed the discussion into something entirely different.

If you really want to drop the subject, then don't add to it.

Last edited:
who said anything about suing? holding out the other cheek? Isn't this a forum where we share our impression about a TV show?

When you write something in here to participate in the discussion, you have to be aware, that your contributions can also become subject of the discussion. They may be treated with irony, sarcasm or even mockery.

That's called freedom of speech. I know religion and freedom of speech never went well together but here we are.

James hitting everything in that moon rover was stupid

I didn't think he hit anything. I thought it was the guys in the car behind who kept cutting the power because they were afraid he might hit something. A bit like having my mother in the passenger seat.

Finally, a good episode for this series. 9/10. Keep it up TopGear.

I think the main reason I give a good score is the SOUNDTRACKs that they played all along.

8, and only because of the F40 + 959 review and the moon buggy.

I think we can argue all day and night about content. But let's give a big hand to the production crew, from the camera operators to the editors to the sound recorders to all the rest who show after show, series after series, produce one of the most carefully crafted programs ever seen on anyone's TV anywhere!

Let's hear it for the folks in the credits!

Last edited: