[16x06] February 27th, 2011

[16x06] February 27th, 2011

• Total voters
Thank you for the patronizing but frankly you can keep it.

You know, maybe I could take you and your opinion a bit serious, if you had contributed more than 23 posts within 4 years of membership on this forum and if you hadn't written things like that before:

This is a FORUM for people to give their opinion on the programme. Do you not think it would be slightly pointless if people only posted here with good comments on the programme? Yes, it does annoy me when people say 'THAT WAS SHIT' etc without being constructive and explaining why (...) If all you're going to do is come on here and tell other people not to express their honest opinion (which is the idea of a forum, after all) then I suggest you should be the one to destroy your keyboard.

Last edited:
I'm recycling a Clarkson metaphor here, yes, but... it's rather fitting. TG cinematography and imagery is generally top-notch, but the content leaves quite a lot to be desired recently, so to quote the 13x03 SL Black review, it's very good and appaling somewhat at the same time.

Excellent episode; nice sound that Jaguar makes.I can't wait to see Jeremy test the Lamborghini Aventador.

You know, maybe I could take you and your opinion a bit serious, if you had contributed more than 23 posts within 4 years of membership on this forum and if you hadn't written things like that before:

Yeah but I reckon it's quality rather than quantity :).

Anyway, you're straying off topic here mate. I'll get the thread back on topic...

I really enjoyed the race against the sun, but I do wish he'd said new about the car. It's a stunning car IMO.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the race against the sun, but I do wish he'd said new about the car. It's a stunning car IMO.

You can always read my personal review of the Jaguar XJ L on this forum. After all, it's all about quality and not quantity, right?

I liked this episode not because of what it actually is, but for what the next ones can be. Not exactly the best TG ever, but solid, entertaining and without exaggerated cocking about. The formula is perfect IMO, just as it was some seasons ago. It's now time for them to perfect it for S17!

PS - disappointed for not seeing the F40 and 959 going round the track! I'm not sure of what to think about this : they may indeed have had mechanical problems but also it could be their owners will not to let them loose , which is odd because they've allowed that for the filming bits. I feel curious to know what really happened there...

Last edited:
Great episode, great thing is that this one was the last in the series, not the previous one, because the previous one would have left bitter taste about whole 16 series...erm, and girl behind Prescott on the right is cute:).

Gave it an 8. Very good episode with the Jag race and the moon buggy. I knew who Prescott was but hadn't really seen him or heard him before. Reminds me of Jabba the Hutt and is ten times as gross and annoying, I have decided.

I like that NASA let James drive it on the road. Really shows how robust the engineering is that it can do all that on earth when it's designed to operate on the moon. I bet some of the stuff developed for that finds its way into normal cars in a few years. As is the way with most things that NASA develops. If only they were funded. Sigh.

But no, we need more bombs instead of going back to the moon. And now I'm editorializing. Blast.

Sooo, does someone believe an old man with a beard will file a law suit against Top Gear now? I don't think so. If the God of the bible would really exist and feel offended, Jeremy Clarkson would have been hit by lightning right where he stood.

Could a group of Christian zealots sue Top Gear for being blasphemous towards their worshipped higher being? Yeah, possible. But completely irrelevant because Christianity is about forgiveness and holding out the other cheek, isn't it?

So let's move on.

I agree with you, A group of Christians ain't gonna sue Top Gear. And if they did, that would bug me. God doesn't need to be defended against TV presenters because, well, he's God. But in my opinion, when you start dissing any God, you risk losing ratings because their pushing the boundaries of offending people just for ratings. Doesn't seem very ethical. And I am also a firm believe in freedom of speech and religion. That being said, (And this is not directed at you) don't put me down because of my religion.

Oh, give it a rest. a 2? you based your rating on a joke you didnt like? what about the rest of the show? Just because he said "god" doesn't mean he was talking about your god. if we rated the show every week on how offensive they were then it would only get 1's. I thought it was a blast that here we are (some of us) every week bitching about them doing the "exact same thing every week" or "the same race with different cars" or even "why dont they just put a car on the track and take a picture of it then put it in a warehouse and take a picture of it because its the same thing they do with every review" and when they finally come up with something that he hasnt raced, god, then you get mad? Dude, thats just lame. im sorry and ill proboly get neg rep for this but im sick of people who cant take a joke or just come on here to complain or whatever. IT WAS A JOKE.

i never bitch at people about what rating they give the show, thats all about opinion but when you rate it a "2" becuase you didnt like a joke IMO thats just stupid. so, i ask you Lukeduk1980, what would you have rated it without the "god is a loser" joke?

personally i though the baby stig bit was epic.

Dude, chill out. I know it was a Joke. What I am saying if go ahead and make fun of Christianity of ya want. But don't make fun of the God. There is more backlash when you make fun of the Creator then when you make fun of the religion. Christians would basically turn the other cheek when they are made fun of. But Christians don't respond well when you attack they're God. And sure you can say, well maybe he was racing Ra, or Thor or some other God. Dude, get real. We all know who he ment. My point to you is this, Go ahead and make fun of Christians if ya want but leave God out of it.

Also, last time I checked, this was a thread on our thoughts on the show. I gave you my thoughts. If you got a problem with it then deal with it. But When I am invited to give you my opinion of the episode, don't start putting up an argument against me about how my opinion is flat out wrong. Talk it out. Because of my post, I already have had one threatening PM from a member named rbk74360 who basically told me to off myself. (Sucide). Give me a break people.

Last edited:
I'm cool with the jokes on Christianity and all but the whole "L" on the the forehead; calling God a loser was a bit over the top. He playing with the fine line again with Christians and I got to say, he kinda crossed it calling God a loser.
Dude, he called the sun a loser. Could be poetic if you thought of it as calling The Sun losers.

Oh, and I like how you include the little $ sign in your own name whilst preaching about respect for religion... that, too, seems poetic. ;-)

I agree with you, A group of Christians ain't gonna sue Top Gear. And if they did, that would bug me. God doesn't need to be defended against TV presenters because, well, he's God. But in my opinion, when you start dissing any God, you risk losing ratings because their pushing the boundaries of offending people just for ratings. Doesn't seem very ethical. And I am also a firm believe in freedom of speech and religion. That being said, (And this is not directed at you) don't put me down because of my religion.

Dude, chill out. I know it was a Joke. What I am saying if go ahead and make fun of Christianity of ya want. But don't make fun of the God. There is more backlash when you make fun of the Creator then when you make fun of the religion. Christians would basically turn the other cheek when they are made fun of. But Christians don't respond well when you attack they're God. And sure you can say, well maybe he was racing Ra, or Thor or some other God. Dude, get real. We all know who he ment. My point to you is this, Go ahead and make fun of Christians if ya want but leave God out of it.

Also, last time I checked, this was a thread on our thoughts on the show. I gave you my thoughts. If you got a problem with it then deal with it. But When I am invited to give you my opinion of the episode, don't start putting up an argument against me about how my opinion is flat out wrong. Talk it out. Because of my post, I already have had one threatening PM from a member named rbk74360 who basically told me to off myself. (Sucide). Give me a break people.

Let me be completely open with you.

You're assuming, that God could feel insulted. But that assumption is based on your human perception, because the truth is, that you feel insulted. Someone made a joke, that mocks your personal belief. And in defense you think you must speak in God's name.

If God exists (which I personally doubt), I find it illegitimate to transfer our human standards onto him and speak in his name. If you really believe in God, then you also must be able to trust in his ability to defend himself -- if he cares at all -- against insults or jokes from petty humans. God doesn't need you or anybody else for that.

So the truth is, that you don't fear that God might be pissed. Instead you fear, that humans who believe in God might be pissed. And for that to be honest, I couldn't care less.

The solution is easy: If you feel insulted or mocked by Top Gear, simply don't watch it. It's a show made for us pagan Europeans anyway ;)

Last edited:
i never bitch at people about what rating they give the show, thats all about opinion but when you rate it a "2" becuase you didnt like a joke IMO thats just stupid. so, i ask you Lukeduk1980, what would you have rated it without the "god is a loser" joke?

personally i though the baby stig bit was epic.

I know it was a Joke.
if you knew it was a joke then you wouldnt have posted that to begin with

What I am saying if go ahead and make fun of Christianity of ya want. But don't make fun of the God.
its the same thing. it will always be spun to make the thumpers look abused

Christians would basically turn the other cheek when they are made fun of.
Now YOU need to get real. really? i mean really? :lol:

And sure you can say, well maybe he was racing Ra, or Thor or some other God. Dude, get real.
oh look, here is that spin i just talked about (see above)

reread my post.

the bottom line is this, if you are being overwhelmed by PM's that tell you your being stupid or whatever (im not one of them) then maybe you need to step back and rethink it. you may be wrong. as i said before, in over 1300 posts i have never told a person they were "wrong" in thier review but im saying here, again, that you based the score you gave the show on one joke and that is unfair in IMO. so, i ask again and i have highlighted the same thing im my above post what would you have rated the show without the god is a loser joke?

im a Mustang person, if i had rated a show a 1 because Hammond made the mustang brand look bad when he put the GT500 or his old mustang up on the Dyno (rolling road) then i would have been wrong as well. he made a joke about something im passionate about so i should have come on here and gave it a shit rating because i didnt like that one line. yo know what i did? i laughed and then i enjoyed the rest of the show.

i didnt write that post or this one because i hate your god or your opinion, i wrote it because i thought we should discuss why you gave it a 2 based on one line from the script (i love saying this, yes, its scripted) so lets discuss.

if you knew it was a joke then you wouldnt have posted that to begin with

its the same thing. it will always be spun to make the thumpers look abused

Now YOU need to get real. really? i mean really? :lol:

oh look, here is that spin i just talked about (see above)

reread my post.

the bottom line is this, if you are being overwhelmed by PM's that tell you your being stupid or whatever (im not one of them) then maybe you need to step back and rethink it. you may be wrong. as i said before, in over 1300 posts i have never told a person they were "wrong" in thier review but im saying here, again, that you based the score you gave the show on one joke and that is unfair in IMO. so, i ask again and i have highlighted the same thing im my above post what would you have rated the show without the god is a loser joke?

im a Mustang person, if i had rated a show a 1 because Hammond made the mustang brand look bad when he put the GT500 or his old mustang up on the Dyno (rolling road) then i would have been wrong as well. he made a joke about something im passionate about so i should have come on here and gave it a shit rating because i didnt like that one line. yo know what i did? i laughed and then i enjoyed the rest of the show.

i didnt write that post or this one because i hate your god or your opinion, i wrote it because i thought we should discuss why you gave it a 2 based on one line from the script (i love saying this, yes, its scripted) so lets discuss.

No, I don't think I am wrong. In all i thought the episode was mediocre. It is the same races being put on just under different circumstances. If the God remark wasn't in it,. I would've given it a 6 maybe. And yes, because I was somewhat offended by the remark, I gave it a 2. If ya ask me, there isn't a whole lot of difference between a 2 and a 6. Ya either ya liked it or ya didn't. IMO, it could've been better.

No, I don't think I am wrong. In all i thought the episode was mediocre. It is the same races being put on just under different circumstances. If the God remark wasn't in it,. I would've given it a 6 maybe. And yes, because I was somewhat offended by the remark, I gave it a 2. If ya ask me, there isn't a whole lot of difference between a 2 and a 6. Ya either ya liked it or ya didn't. IMO, it could've been better.

ok, so a 6, thank you. i still think you are basing it on the wrong thing but thats your freedom.

After last week's episode this one was a blast. I only gave it a 9 because Prescott's lap was boring and he deserved to get the slowest time. His argument with Jeremy was great and I hope BBC America keeps that segment in.

the bottom line is this, if you are being overwhelmed by PM's that tell you your being stupid or whatever (im not one of them) then maybe you need to step back and rethink it

There is no excuse for personal attacks like that. It may cause him to think, but it doesn't lend any credibility to his attackers point of view. If that were the case, then a Jew should conclude that Hitler was right?

To summarize, a person made a post in this forum about their opinion on the show. They were offended by the show and as a result gave it a rating of 2. That's fair and appropriate in this forum even if you don't agree with their point of view.

In response though, some people are saying he's stupid and should basically shut up. Who is being fair and rational here?

You can't advocate "freedom of speech" and yet tell someone their opinion is invalid in a condescending manner. That is oppression not freedom.

Everyone, no matter how good a sense of humour they have, will inevitably be offended at some point in their life and when it happens, they should not always be expected to "laugh it off". Some topics are simply not "joke material" for an individual. For some, that topic might include God. For others it might be art or child rape. That doesn't mean they don't have a good sense of humour.