[17x01] June 26th, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... anyone who's interviewed by Top Gear is an attention whore?

Then the F1 driver gets talking, and the real yawn-fest begins. The aging rockers are the ones with the best stories on SIARPC anyway.
I agree about the old rockers but i disagree about the F1 drivers. They are great.

On a side note, that moment in the andy preview video with richard was epic, someone please make that into an gif! Im still laughing (yes, i said laughing instead of loling ;) )

I will definitely not be fast forwarding through Alice Cooper's SIARPC segment, like I usually do. Every interview I've seen with him has been hilarious and the dude can definitely still rock.

I agree about the old rockers but i disagree about the F1 drivers. They are great.

I suppose on balance the F1 drivers are ok...it's the interviews with people like Nigel Mansell and Jensen Button that stick out in my head as being utterly tedious. Damon and Mark were interesting though.

Then the F1 driver gets talking, and the real yawn-fest begins. The aging rockers are the ones with the best stories on SIARPC anyway.

And it was an aging rocker appearing on TG that, eventually, got me to watch it and like it. (Hint: YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!)

Yet another attention whore like that god awful Cameron Diaz/Tom Cruise interview they did. That was cringe worthy.

Except one of those "attention whores" you mention turned out to be a genuine fan of the show and wanted to go on it. As for cringe-worthy? Michael McIntyre was cringe-worthy (at least for me). So was Johnny Vaughn's first appearance (with Denise Van Outen). Even Jordan (aka Katie Price) was a bit irritating for me. Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz? Not so much. And I generally loathe Tom Cruise these days.

F1ers? Damon Hill and Mark Webber were good (I'd like to see the latter come back and do a lap on a dry track; if Button can come back, so can he). Barrichello was okay. The others I can take or leave (I prefered Lewis Hamilton's appearance in the Senna tribute to his SIARPC one).

So... anyone who's interviewed by Top Gear is an attention whore?

In the case of 75% of the people they have on, pretty much. Whatever, I just generally don't enjoy SIARPC unless the guest is a F1 driver or another racing driver. Just an opinion of mine. I'll be giving this section a miss, but I guess people who have heard of the guy will enjoy it.

Thankfully, it looks like this series of Top Gear will have quite a few motorsport mentions in it, such as the WRC Mini with Kris Meeke by the looks of things, the boys driving around the Monaco track and also Clarkson confirming Seb Vettel being a guest. Now being a big Vettel fan, that IS one of the rare SIARPC features I'll want to see.

RE: The Diaz/Cruise thing, again, just my opinion. I think there's quite a difference in the atmosphere when they have British guests on compared to American ones. I always find the American guests quite cringeworthy because they're quite over the top and it just makes for awkward TV really. That's all I'll say before I accidentally insult someone. :p

The only thing I found annoying about the Barrichello interview and later references to his lap was Clarkson's pronunciation of his name. It's pronounced Barri-KELLO, not the way he was saying it.

Last edited:
I'm thrilled. Have to wait and see about about Norwegian Stig, though.

It'll be thet same Stig of the Winter Special...

Looking good...
Another 44 minutes. Can't wait!
It's on @ 9pm (or, as we call it, 21:00).
Seemed like I've been without top gear for ages man.
Going to set up the beamer now :D

They never air on BBCA until they've had time to re-edit and destroy them.

:lol: Sad, but true. I think it's a few weeks; I always just grab it off here, hopefully tonight but probably tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.