[17x01] June 26th, 2011

[17x01] June 26th, 2011

• Total voters
I'd like to see more of Amy in one or two future episodes. :) Just to keep the guys on their toes! :p

I just managed to watch this episode yesterday (I'm depending on downloads since we don't get this yet in Funland) and must say it was great. What's not to like in an episode that has James in a Mini, lots of beautiful jaaaaaags and Alice Cooper??! The Marauder section was the least interesting one for me but my 5 year-old (surprisingly) enjoyed it the most.

8/10 from me, very solid episode, really looking forward to the rest of the season.

Loved James May in the Mini. Something about him being all giddy. ^.^;;; I wanted to hear what the guys had to say, not just Amy though. >.>

And I so want an E-type irl right now, every racing game that has one, I've always had it in my virtual garage.

If anyone wants to know how the Mini did get on in its first rally, one of them crashed and retired, and Meeke's car was withdrawn I seem to remember.

Fucking brilliant episode.

10/10

bring on series 17

I give it a 10. They really went back to the earlier Top Gear episodes from like season 6. I loved the review on the E-Type Jag. The race was pretty cool. Love the part where Jeremy mentions setting Piers Morgan on fire. And best of all. He didn't make fun of God or Jesus!....................Just saying.

Loved this episode.

TG1MGIF.gif

Added to a list of favourite moments in TG.

Last edited:
The HD version of this episode is broken in the same way that the three files were broken in season 16 in that you can't convert them to work on a PS3 without the audio going all squirrely. Could anyone with some knowhow repair these files and upload them for us who want to download HD version that will work on a PS3?

The HD version of this episode is broken in the same way that the three files were broken in season 16 in that you can't convert them to work on a PS3 without the audio going all squirrely. Could anyone with some knowhow repair these files and upload them for us who want to download HD version that will work on a PS3?

This has been bothering me too...I was disappointed that those problems in the season 16 files were NOT corrected for this season. Is there some reason the files can't be done the way the 14 and 15 seasons' HD files were done, where they worked just fine on the PS3? I guess that would make too much sense.

And just to clear the record, for those of you in this thread that have been calling the BMW reviewed in this episode a "M1", here's the one and only car that can be called a M1...

m1.jpg

BMW, out of the respect for that car that was built from 1978 to 1981 that gave birth to the M division, have NOT called the M version of the 1 series a M1. From Wikipedia:

The M1 is not related to BMW's 1-series compact executive car which started production in MY 2004. Nor is the M1 related to the BMW 1 Series M Coupe which started production in MY 2010.

So I'm going to assume that when someone talks about how Top Gear reviewed the M1, that they're talking about episode 03X02, back in November of 2003.

Has no one brought up James Mays' new haircut????!!! Have we not made any Samson jokes yet?

You guys can have more of the Amy chick, and I'll have more of the guy who drove the rally car. I can't be bothered to look it up.

Marauder reminds meRG-31 n the military I loved driving it during my deployment in Afghanistan and Iraqi.

Last edited:
So long as Zap2It's listings are correct, it looks like BBC Canada is going to start airing series 17 on Wednesdays at 3:00pm (Eastern)...with a few repeats spread over the rest of the week.