[17x01] June 26th, 2011

[17x01] June 26th, 2011

• Total voters
wow that marauder segment was expensive.... no wonder we only get 6 episodes a season now.. they trashed an H3, 2 city cars, paid mcDs, and even paid the police.

For all we know, the two cars driven over could have come from the scrapyard or some cash for clunkers scheme or had no working drivetrain in them anymore.

I don't recall seeing Jeremy wear a wedding ring, ever. He rarely wears any form of jewellery except for his watch (and African beads ;))

aaurora is absolutely right about this, and the original poster is quite the plonker for even bringing it up. Pretty freaking juvenile. Who cares? <_<

Really a good, solid episode, though I do enjoy an epic race or a three-presenter shit car challenge.

Marauder: fun to watch. What the hell were all those switches on the dash for?
News: I could listen to them talk about sports scores and still like it. Stig sonogram was funniest.
1M Review: I'm constantly amazed that Jeremy can do car reviews over and over and still find something fresh to say or some amusing way to say it. May it never end.
Mini: So glad the car won this time. Always enjoy James's films.
E-Type: What is there left to say? I could watch the paint dry on one of those things all day. I recently went to a local Concours d'Elegance and was in ecstasy at seeing all of them.

10/10 Great start to the new season. Richard's Marauder film was my favorite, but really all of the segments were good. Loved the marching band and the flyover in Jeremy's E-type film as well.

9/10 Great beginning of a season! I'd love to know where I can find a leather jacket like the one from Chris or Kris the rally driver. I liked the design of it. Oh and the girl behind Alice is just stunning. I hope she would post in this thread. =p

anyone know if they will release some good HQ wallpaper shots from the e-types on the cliffs of dover? extra bonus points to have the spit, hurri, etc in there as well

Jag was great. I was just thinking myself when they showed the speedster that "damn if that's not build from the original and i can get it for 70 000 euros at some day i just might own that thing",
One detail which I didn't like much about the Speedster were its tyres. The wide tyres look wrong in that body and if the tyres are modernized why are the wheels still wire wheels ?

8/10

It was a better episode than most from the last few seasons.
The E-Type portion was so well-done, and it was the first time I've ever been able to really appreciate a Jaguar.

It reminded me of the Maserati Bora review [16x2] Jeremy did.
He was really enthusiastic about that car, as well.

It reminded me of the Maserati Bora review [16x2] Jeremy did.
He was really enthusiastic about that car, as well.

James did the Bora review, way back in 6x03. There wasn't a Mazza in 16x02.

If they had just used a Hyundai or a Kia or something...
Eitherway, if it were up to me it'd be a Mitsubishi Carisma. Or rather two of them.
But that's just me.

I'm beginning to wonder just how hard they tried to find a pair of Morris Marina's for that scene before using the Alpha's. Really would have properly set the tone for the series. ;-]

One detail which I didn't like much about the Speedster were its tyres. The wide tyres look wrong in that body and if the tyres are modernized why are the wheels still wire wheels ?

Because that's what the target market wants, and it does go along with the rest of the look.

To this day, the most requested style of wheel for a Jaguar is some sort of wire wheel.

The wide tires look fine.

4 posts at once? Learn how to use the forum.

It seems to me if you are spending ?700,000 on a car, you can get any type of wheels you want.

I would go with a set of wheels from the E-Type Lightweight myself. Like these:
https://pic.armedcats.net/p/ph/phoenixsac/2011/06/28/Jag_20whe_20diff_2Comb_preview.jpg
Maybe chromed, maybe not. Although the wire wheels are ok, these might fit the look of the car a little better.

Nothing special about this episode for me.

Marauder part wasn't very entertaining to watch because I am tiring of such pointless wastes of money (crushing/destroying cars). Everything felt exceptionally fake, which, unfortunately, seems the norm for Top Gear now. I don't mind the staged events as much as how the editing is done to indicate Hammond is performing all the "stunts" when he really isn't.

For example, whenever the car crashed through a wall or ran over some cars, we had inside shots before and after, but not during. We also have this:
http://img97.imageshack.**/img97/5096/togetherp.jpg

Notice the seat belts in the middle, but none on Hammond before and after. He could have still been driving, of course, by why no inside shot as he does it? Probably a stunt man therefore. Seeing this completely devalues the segment for me as I feel like Hammond is only there for the witty snaps for the camera.

I don't really car for the car reviews, so I skimmed or skipped those. Just bored of them after 16 seasons.

And the race was disheartening since it was the same exact thing from the previous episode that did it, but with a new car, and a new sled and sledder. :dunno:

5/10, purely average.

I'm holding out for the challenges and specials. They at least provide the entertainment I won't find anywhere else. Hopefully not too fake, though.