[17x02] July 3rd, 2011

[17x02] July 3rd, 2011

• Total voters
For starters, I didn't quite agree with their choice of cars.

I was actually happy with the choice of cars. When they said hot hatches, I was expecting a Golf GTI, Focus ST, and a Mini Cooper S (possibly the works). I was surprised when they all showed up in cars that I was not expecting. Just goes to show that there are plenty of hot hatch options to pick from, but they could only pick 3 and I'm glad they ventured outside the box a little bit.

I wonder if the guy in white shirt @54:45 is Jake Humphrey from BBC F1 Coverage team?
http://img691.imageshack.**/img691/9916/topgear17x0220110703fov.jpg

Nice, very nice.

Aston review : meh, the whole 'James is angry over the laptimes obsession' was overdone, not that I don't agree.

News: forced jokes, nothing to see here folks.

SIARPC: I tend to skip it, this was no exception.

Hothatch shootout: Awesome! this is were this episode shines, funny, original scavengerhunt challenge and the Monaco bit was just superb.
:jc: I don't kbnow the perfect line through Rascasse.
:richard: I don't know what Rascasse IS.

:rofl:

Last edited:
Brilliant Episode! Wonder what kind of cars the crew drive through those narrow streets on the challange :D

Aston review was boring. I love Astons they are my childhood dream cars and probably the brand i will get if i win on a lottery, but i was this || close at skipping the whole thing. Seen it all already.
News was ok. Can't really member much of it anymore. :D
First half of the hot hatches was huge waste of time for 3 great cars that i was interested about i thought.
SIARPC was really good. Great guest and great, aggressive drive around the track.
Second half of hot hatch pretty much saved this episode for me. Easily the best part of the show.

Thinking i gave 8 to last episode this deserves 7, low 7.

Last edited:
Usually, that's the right call, but you should check out Ross. You will like the interview, I promise.

i disagree, i never skip the interview but this one was lame so i moved on. Why do people always just automatically skip the damn interview? i dont get it.

9/10. Superb.

Aston Martin has become so boring. They've made a car deliberately to fit between two existing models. How Porshish.

Aston are in trouble IMO

The only new car they have brought out since the DB9 is that One77 and thats a bit of a halo car, only for the super duper rich.
The vantage is just a DB9 in the photocopier at x0.75

They wont have anything truly new until a few years from now when they've eventually finished updating their production lines.

Can they survive on the DB9 and its clones? (and the Cygnet.... dunno how many will pony up ?30k for a re-frocked Toyota).

Anyway awesome show as usual. People just need to take it at as it is, like you would a michael bay movie. Sit, switch off, enjoy. Seeing the same people every time now, moaning about the same things. Time you guys just gave up and created your own website called OldTopGear.com where you can sit and reminisce about the good old days. TG has moved on and as it stands today is clearly not for you guys any longer. (unless of course you enjoy moaning, which some people do)

one thing annoyed me

NO! Positive camber ... its negative!

The Monaco GP track was INSANE, I got goosebumps the entire time.
Absolutely. I know someone said it before, but I liked the fact that they didn't add music to the first flying lap and make it over-dramatic. Just the sound of the engines and the tyres squealing with the Monaco backdrop. Perfect.

Well, what can I say? That was brilliant. ...sort of...

1) Yet another Aston: Luckily, it was May on it, and he found an interesting angle for that incredibly boring new copy of the same car. Hadn't it been for May, I would have skipped that part. Oh, nice thing May getting angry as Jeremy agreed with him.

2) The news: ok, I googled the growler thing up and then I couldn't stop laughing, but it wasn't all that great for the news, so I hope they'll get better next time.

3) SIARPC: Very funny, particularly the tank part.

4) The hot hatch: ...come on... they were in Italy... and they didn't even got it all that wrong... I giggled the entire time through, particularly for the lady with the dog in Jeremy's car:

Jeremy: "blah blah blah"
Woman: "capisco un tubo" (or something like that - free translation: "I can't understand a word you're saying")

5) Monaco: Great. No really, Great. Then... "Tim O'glock" (I don't know why, but I laughed) ...just... Briatore? I really can't stand him, couldn't they just leave him somewhere else?

Vote: well, it featured Italy in it for a good while, so I can't give it less than 9.

The Jay Kay SIARPC segments are really good tho from a car lover prospective, but I think I enjoyed Tom Cruse and Cameron Diaz. I think that Jay Leno would make for an epic SIARPC guest.

See 13x07. He's already been on.

I remember the days when the Aston DB9 first came out and everyone was freaking out over how amazing it is. They even made a special little freezer/fridge thing next to the Cool Wall just for the DB9.

But here we are all these years later and everyone is bitching and whining about how boring Astons are. :lol: Well, that's understandable, they've tested all of them and they all look the same, so I guess it gets boring. Aston, the new 911? But anyway, now you know how some of us feel about all the rehashed jokes and segments TopGear has been coasting by on for the past few years. Repetition gets boring.

I thought this was another solid episode, and kept my hope alive for a very good series in total. A nice, expensive car review with some funny news, good guest and a good film. 8/10.

Aston, the new 911?

Now that you point it out, i agree. Never thought about it before

rehashed jokes and segments TopGear has been coasting by on for the past few years.

This season seems different though.