[17x02] June 10th, 2010

[17x02] June 10th, 2010

• Total voters
Fun little episode, 8/10 easily. I'm really liking the new short format. The R8 vs Porsche was awesome, great to see someone drive like that. Vikky's Cube bit was nice as well.

I'm not sure about Volvo car/boat thing. I mean if there's a microscopic engine like that you really need be flat out a lot of times, so the fuel consumption might not be as good, but that wasn't mentioned at all.

Please please make the prize bit shorter to leave more time for cars. And stop plugging your website!

Please please make the prize bit shorter to leave more time for cars. And stop plugging your website!

This is my only complaint with the series so far. Why have the prize in the first place? Get rid of all the gimmicks and save some time. Plugging the website is completely unnecessary as well, people know its there. If they want to visit it then they will, thats the end of it.

loving this version of 5th gear. never been able to say that.

I like how they've basically recaptured the old Top Gear 30 minute format, I just wish it was that tiny bit longer... The show is very good though, flows really well and has enough car information without being too nerdy. Looking forward to the rest of the run!

Now that was a great episode. Hope they will make it 30 minutes long and it will be perfect.

Way better than the first episode, thought the show spent too much time with the stupid contest again. Johnny's bit was somewhat boring in part due to having such a dispair dog fight. Vicky's part was great, I want more Vicky.

I think the new shorter running time works. Seems to have made it a bit tighter. Agree comparing the S80 to the boat was unnecessary - focusing on the S80 itself probably would have worked better.

This Fifth Gear is a very very large improvment over the previous few seasons.

Its a nice change from topgear too, and its about cars as well so its all good

The volvo/car bit though was a bit weird didnt sceam to lead anywahere.

All in all a good epp :)

I think the new format is a huge improvement. I liked Fifth Gear up until they ruined it in the 10th series, then it seemed like they were trying everything under the sun to see what sticks for the next 6 series. It looks as though they're getting back to the old formula and I definitely like it. This ep was an easy 8/10 for me.

YES:
Tiff driving the Porsche fast enough to genuinely scare Plato
Jonny's shoes

NO:
Vicki squealing
Plato's Italian
Time spent spruiking competition and their website
Over too quickly
Still no Tom :-(

Much better than last week... still undecided about the short format though. 7/10