[17x03] July 10th, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be another F1 segment if this isn't in Vettel's part of the show

Jake Humphrey
Busy week...about to do a quick chat on 5Live, then bed, then host F1 Fighting Talk, then to film at Top Gear, then host GOSH F1 party!!
about 9 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone

The interest surrounding the week of the British Grand Prix has increased considerably over the past few years (I remember last year it actually made the main news rather than the sports bulletins!) so wouldn't be surprised if there is something more. It's a big event.

Might be another F1 segment if this isn't in Vettel's part of the show

Jake Humphrey
Busy week...about to do a quick chat on 5Live, then bed, then host F1 Fighting Talk, then to film at Top Gear, then host GOSH F1 party!!
about 9 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone
Jake was there, but wasn't involved in any of the filming, unless he did something trackside for the web-page outtakes or something. It's going to be a really good episode - easily up there with 01+02 IMHO! :D

I'd personally love it if he beat Barrichello's time...not that I have any reason to dislike Rubens, I just prefer Sebastian.

Well, we'll soon find out. :nod:

Also, mods: I've requested this thread be moved to normal Pre-Episode Discussion twice now, but it's still under Spoilers. Why?

Just saw Jezza's preview... The fact that all 3 presenters are not in this cheap car challenge makes it stupid. Hopefully it has entertainment value, but I am not amused. Especially since James is usually the best.

Actually this one was taken a lot more seriously. It wasn't a cheap car challenge in the usual sense. Nobody crashed into anybody, nothing was painted onto the cars and no gold envelopes were handed out. Nor was anything pushed off a cliff or set on fire. When you see it you will understand the point of it.

And your dose of May is still there in an excellent film.

Looking forward to tomorrow. British GP pre-show, the race itself, then TG.

Not forgetting Murray Walker making an appearance on the F1 forum apparently.

[17x03] July 10th, 2011

From Radio Times (thanks Richmondgal)

Top Gear

Sunday 10 July
8:00pm - 9:00pm
BBC2

3/6, series 17

If you want to spend less than ?7,000 on a new car, you'll have to opt for a tiny Indian-made hatchback called the Nissan Pixo - Britain's cheapest car. But if you went looking for a second-hand car? Or rather, what if Top Gear went looking for you? Tonight Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond see what bargains they can find for the same money, while James May is in America, where he drives the Range Rover Evoque through Death Valley, then chauffeurs a mystery megastar across Las Vegas. Meanwhile, this week's Star in the Reasonably Priced Car should set a respectable time: it's reigning Formula 1 champion Sebastian Vettel.
Just because ElToro asked

I seriously need a testdrive of the Aventador... But the episode looks to be exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.