[17x03] July 10th, 2011

[17x03] July 10th, 2011

• Total voters

Quiky

Super relevant and trendy avatar
STAFF MEMBER
No discussion of torrents, streams, downloads in this thread.

Yay go McLaren.
Great video for the review.
"This is how you pass a Ferrari, without crashing into it" :lol: I guess they could have shown this any week.
I thought James was supposed to be driving the Ferrari?
The Ferrari does sound amazing.
Fucking hell, what a laptime.
M5 best looking... What the fuck?
He-he. :cool:
That's not a Range Rover.
Theres no ground clearance
Fucking hell James, had no chance.
Loved the split second sandbuggy tease.
Yay Kick-Ass music!!!!
Another great review.
'Cher' :lol:
Does look great as a 3 door.
Ugh not this prick again. interesting to see his time. Is it the car or the driver?
He-He vanished. :(
"Roger?" :lol:
Fuck.
15 minute challenge?
Fucking hell, the ducks!!!! The ducks!!!!
I don't understand people who buy shit new cars.
Dickys hair, yuckers.
Two men in a Boxster?
Oh I do love a CL.... Not the top of the range.
Bruntingthorpe.
The numberplates were blanked... Why?
Wow only 27 BHP lost.
"Perhaps youre just a rubbish driver?" :lol:
Jezzas thumbs up. :lol:
"Snot and ladyjuice." :lol:
Ah thats why we had blanked plates.
Great episode.

Last edited:
How awesome was that? I even warmed up to Vettel a bit. :D 10/10.

was a good episode again IMO. i wish james would've been in on the second hand car bit but still good. 3 good episodes in a row woo! :D

Can you ask for more than that? Wall to wall cars this week, no cocking about no properly forced jokes, proper reviews, the works..... You cant possibly complain (but they will because this place is full of sad acts)

If the CL600 and 850 turn out to be reliable, Im bringing one home from my student exchange year in Germany!

Very good episode, really enjoyed that it was about cars with light sprinkling of humour. Nothing felt too forced which is always good.
Also, Top Gear has really got the videography (sp?) nailed. They do the cars proud :)

I would have liked a Jimmy used car too, maybe stretched that challenge out.

Thought it was a good episode, not quite as...exciting as the first two, more car based as they said, but perfectly enjoyable. Definitely the "worst" so far this series, but still very good.

8/10 :-D

Aston: What's wrong with Vettel?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Very good episode. TG's verdict on the McLaren pretty much ties in with everything else I've seen and read about it. I don't want to like Vettel and during the F1 races I really hate him but then he steps out of the car and seems like a nice and funny bloke and I can't help but like him. I love a good cheap car challenge too so this was great. It would have been perfect if all 3 of them had been in it but I suppose you can't always have everything. I cannot believe how cheap those Mercs are. As Aston Martin said I just don't understand people who spend 7 grand on a car like the Pixo when there are sooooo many great cars for that kind of money, or even less. News was good as was James' Evoque review but I felt it could have been better. I liked the buggies though.

Another really good episode. This series is definitely back to top form again.

The only disappointment was the apology at the end saying things would be 'back to normal' next week. Certainly hope not :lol:

Definitely the "worst" so far this series

Oddly I feel exactly the opposite - this is the first episode in my mind that has marked a true return to form in some time. Certainly, this is the first episode in this series that I've felt was great all the way through - So much so I felt compelled to stop lurking and make a post.

I've found much of the 'forced humor' in recent episodes to be cringe-worthy - but I think they're getting closer to that balance that offers sufficient cocking-about and actual 'car stuff' to satisfy both types of viewers.

Awesome episode, would rate it 9.5/10 so I just rounded that up to 10. Really love when there are 3 separate car related segments. Also I never expected the Mclaren to be that fast, but then again, it was tested at the track quite a bit.

Someone must find Jeremy dubbed in german. I bet that's a laugh.

He comes across as an arrogant twat.

Umm...were you watching the same Top Gear as the rest of the world tonight?

From where I was sitting he came across as a generally nice, funny guy. How nice to see on Twitter that this appearance seems to have changed quite a few people's perceptions of him. He's a great champion and fantastic endorsement for Formula One.

Personally, I would say that this was the best episode of the series to date. The McLaren bit was okay, although the result was exactly the same as on Fifth Gear. The Baby Range Rover was very nice, especially due to the impressive landscape shots. And finally, the used cars were simply fantastic, back to basics. Although I do agree, it would have been better if James would have participated, too - which I suppose did not happen due to scheduling rather than any other reasons.

Hard to be objective here since I was effectively watching it for a second time. I reckoned on Wednesday it would feel like and 8 and I stick by that. It was all solid and car focused but unlike 17x01 nothing really gave me goosebumps.

Aaaah cheap used car reviews. There's never enough of those. Great episode; a solid 9/10.