[17x03] July 10th, 2011

[17x03] July 10th, 2011

• Total voters
I get paid in USD, which is a bit crap at the moment, but the Brits get paid in pounds, which is strong at the moment.

Actually, the USD is quite strong these days compared to the GBP, just look at rates from 2003 to 2008 for a weak USD/strong GBP.

That's good to know. I don't follow it very closely anymore, it was too depressing for a time there. :p

Great episode. Proper track review, Vettel is not too bad, and an used car review without destroying the cars. I would guess the 850 will be more reliable than the CL600, just because it has less eletronics and less miles on it.

That shape CL is the best looking Mercedes for decades... What a c-pillar. :p

Great episode!

And 'Cher' cracked me up. :p

Loved the challenge. Ive been saying it for years...I've never bought a brand new car in my life. I'm too cheap. :p

Very, very good show, a 9. This is the first test where the Mclaren wins over The Ferrari, then again on the other tests they used pro drivers. The desert segment was cool and very pretty. Sebastian Vettel had an amazing interview and lap proving how cool he really is; and finally the cheap car challenge was very entertaining and an eye opener.

This season is so good. Loved this ep. 9/10!

Thank you TG and the internet bro's who make this available to us!

You have a 7 series with pop up headlamps? :eek:

Of course not, don't be silly, but saying "But pop-up headlamps" is such a good rebuttal to any car debate it shouldn't matter that the car in question may not have said prariedogging style headlamps.

In what way has it been absolute rubbish?

Fed up of reading these boards and having pricks slag off the work of guys who have dedicated their careers to the show. If I was a producer I'd be on here telling you to stick it up your arse. I'm not sure why people think it's acceptable to post such insulting messages on a message board that we know the producers read.

Unless someone is holding a gun to your head and making you watch the 'rubbish' episodes then put up or shut up.

Dude, get your mouth off of Wilmons cock. One of the reasons they read this is because we are honest here and they know how to weed out the ass kissers (you) and the trolls. If we said they were all just great then nothing would come of it.

The entire show was about cars.

10/10

The end.

LOL, no shit!

Wow. This series so far is proving that the Top Gear magic that was missing for a few years is back. Keep it up boys! :thumbsup:

it makes you feel good about the future of the show, doesnt it?

Mclaren vs Ferrari: Not enough actual Mclaren vs Ferrari.
Very nice cinematography on Evoque segment.
I hope Vettel being a generally nice guy is not a PR exercise.
A recurring challenge on Top Gear? Intriguing.

9/10.

Because it was more a Mclaren film with a Ferrari than a vs film IMO

Anyone notice the Evoque running around Las Vegas with Europe/GB tags?

Yes, i was wondering that exact thing. Is that a thing your allowed to do or was it ok because of the filming permit?

The Maclaren: your typical Clarkson supercar review. Only good cinematography can keep it from getting boring.
The news: fortunately not as juvenile as last time.
Range Rover: outstanding work. I was expecting the Cher impersonator from the get-go (no way the BBC producers would have been able to get the real one), but it would have been a better laugh if they got Victoria Beckham to put in an appearance.
SIARPC: skipped the interview part, and I agree with Clarkson tossing Sacked Stig off the board. Isn't it time, though, to retire the Liana and get F1 folks into the cee'd?
BMW/MERC: honestly, this is the best part of the episode. The Nissan is just not a car meant for car enthusiasts, but for someone needing basic transport. So it makes sense for Clarkson & Hammond to go for petrolhead cars for far more money than what they've been allowed to spend so far (with exception being the 10 grand Italian supercars). I am looking forward to seeing whether or not James has to shave his head in the last episode of this series.

I haven't watched it yet, but I've had a bit of a peek.

Anyone know what kind of shoes Hammond is wearing?

http://img845.imageshack.**/img845/8480/hammondshoes.jpg

it makes you feel good about the future of the show, doesnt it?

Right up til Jeremy ended the show saying next week they'll be back to crashing stuff and setting fire to things. :p

:cry:

Loved it. I think Top Gear has found the magic once again. The having two presenters go off and do something serious but still funny really works well... And then having their own thing to do is great too.

10/10. A car show with humor; that's what I loved Top Gear for in the 'glory days' and I like to see that the glory days are back, at least so far.

This series is running 3/3 in my opinion. Hope they keep the momentum up! (No more "Geoff/EagleiThrust" episodes >_<)

This was a great episode and just a proper pleasure to watch. The review was good, the cinematography of the Range Rover film was excellent, and the second hand coupes film was both informative and humorous.

If I had to complain, I would say that I would have liked the second-hand cars bit to go on just a little longer. However, the idea of a recurring challenge is brilliant. Can't wait to see the results.

9, great episode
love the clash album cover
holy shit the Fax machine is fast

would have been a better challenge if they had more time and james bought the bentley for testing

Last edited: