Car(s)
Still a Hyundai...but this time an i30
Radio Times said:
Top Gear

Sunday 17 July
8:00pm - 9:00pm
BBC2

4/6, series 17

The trio finally find a good use for caravans when they attempt to make train travel cheaper, faster and more interesting, replacing the locomotive with a specially modified car and the carriages with a series of mobile homes. Comedy star Rowan Atkinson takes the wheel of the Reasonably Priced Car, and Jeremy Clarkson takes the Jaguar XKR-S and the recently updated Nissan GT-R for a spin round the track to compare both models.
http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsS...60&jspLocation=/jsp/prog_details_fullpage.jsp

Wow, the SIARPCs keep getting better and better.

The series gets better and better.

Rowan Atkinson is the SIARPC, our prayers and wishes have been answered :D.

That's going to be one hell of an episode. Awesome trip, awesome cars, awesome guest.

The series gets better and better.

That's going to be one hell of an episode. Awesome trip, awesome cars, awesome guest.

Exactly my thoughts, looks like a very epic episode =)

Hope you're all saying this after the episode because according to Andy Wilman when I spoke to him today this is the episode in which 'they lose the plot and Final Gear will hate it' :lol: :lol:

Fortunately we have a long awaited SIARPC as an antidote to scripted falling down and light arson.

Wilman: Presenter's seats and stage? Check. Herald yacht? Check. Indestructible HiLux? Check. Cool Wall? Check.

He-He? HE-HE?

Oh, there you are.

He must surely be starting to recognise you ;)
Well either that or he's happy to hug some random stranger :lol:

Wilman: Presenter's seats and stage? Check. Herald yacht? Check. Indestructible HiLux? Check. Cool Wall? Check.

He-He? HE-HE?

Oh, there you are.
Shush you. :p

Gasping for a cup of tea and wishing Sebastian Vettel would shut the fuck up iirc. :D

ROWAN!!! I want the interview segment to last at least 20 minutes!

Last edited:
Alice Cooper, Ross Noble, Sebastian Vettel and Rowan Atkinson in 4 episodes, thats a pretty awesome line up with 4 big names, Ross Noble is by far one of the biggest acts in the UK and Australia), Alice being the original (and still the best) rock showman, vettel the current F1 world champ and Rowan Atkinson being one of the most famous comedy actors of all time.

But more importantly 4 massive car fans who have great stories to tell. Congrats TG, great job, plus the ep looks great with a great review and some classic caravan destruction

You know, the hardcore car fans might not be too keen on the sound of the caravan train film, but my nephews are really looking forward to it. This series might have been a bit dry for the fans of silliness so far, but it's fair enough that the show has bits that cater to different sections of its audience - and if this series we end up with one very silly episode and a majority with the balance we've had so far, I think we're doing a lot better than the last couple of years, where we've had some varied (but often entertaining) films and about one more seriously car-centric* episode per series. Let 'em do something ridiculous with caravans once in a while... we're not the only people watching!

*yes, I know Top Gear is a car-centric show, but some episodes are more car-centric than others ;)

...Let 'em do something ridiculous with caravans once in a while... we're not the only people watching!

I agree fully with everything you said, and especially that last bit. I don't like the scripted (yes I know the show is scripted, but you know what I mean) farce that some of the episodes end up with, but I'm actually looking forward to a bit of 'cocking around', and hopefully it'll be balanced by the car review and SIARPC.

Last edited:
There might be another reason the show isn't as car-centric as we'd like it to be. It's just a speculation but bear with me: I bet Top Gear has made a lot of enemies in car companies through years of bashing and making fun of their cars. Some manufacturers may stop giving them test cars for that reason. So they may be forced to review cars from certain manufacturers.

I'll be really happy if I don't see any Audi/Porsche reviews this season. Or Ferrari. I am sick to death of Jeremy showing every time the buttons on the steering wheel and the Race button. It's really old now.

Status
Not open for further replies.