Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Meh... A little less good every week so far... 7/10 for FG

I enjoyed the bit about the estates, all the rest was good enough. Not bad but not "Superb" either :lol:
7/10

Fifth Gear has been impressive this season.

I, apparently unlike everyone else, thought this was the best episode of the season so far. Everything was entertaining and well done. Again, I do wish each segment could be longer but beggars can't be choosers, so I'm definitely happy with the show.

Fifth Gear has been impressive this season.

I, apparently unlike everyone else, thought this was the best episode of the season so far. Everything was entertaining and well done. Again, I do wish each segment could be longer but beggars can't be choosers, so I'm definitely happy with the show.

+1 on wishing it was a bit longer, however, for some reason this specific episode didn't feel rushed like most of the previous ones. Although, the Nissan and BMW bit did a little :)

Every segment is great. But 5minutes too short. That's all there is to it. Just that bit more. And that plug for the competition is nonsense.

I, apparently unlike everyone else, thought this was the best episode of the season so far.
I'm with you on that, I quite liked this ep.
Rapide was good - good driving and Tiff managed to point out the point of the car as well as its shortcomings, too. Jason's shootout was fine too, if a little too short. Give him just a minute more, and he might get some more interesting info in. Vicki did her best of the season yet. I really like her as long as she is somewhat toned down and not the overly squeaky girl we've seen in the past seasons. And the estate segment - they can actually do it! Put useful info and tests that make sense into Jonny's part!

This ep is very good, it's packed but it still doesn't feel rushed like the last ep. I don't mind the shootouts, especially when they are testing sports cars. The Rapide review is quite good, the Rolls review is not bad, but taking it drag racing is kinda weird.

Very good episode. Jonny's bit was very good, I always enjoy his bits and this one was especially good. Tiff in the Rapide was also very good as was Jasons shoot-out, just a shame it was wet. Vicki in the Rolls was also quite good but I agree that the drag racing bit was a bit unnecessary. Probably the best overall episode of the series so far but not quite good enough for a 9/10.

This is good.

8/10

I'm in the middle of watching this, had to pause it, am loving the W124 review atm. love the w124.

loving fifth gear. great series so far!

used to hate fg, now I like better than tg. the best ep so far :D

A solid effort, all the way around, and they made good use of what time they did have by keeping it informational.

Not sure about drag racing a Roller, though...

not too thrilled by this episode, felt that it lacked focus.

Taking car of one element and placing it in another is an art that only TG seems to understand, Rolls on a drag strip was silly.

About the estates segment... I apparently agree, that 850 was the greatest estate ever (as a proud owner of one I can tell). But I think, that it's the best estate even today :) The boot is wider than that in the superb ?nd it's bigger. Btw, so is the interior space. And after 13 years, the car is still running like new and looking like new (also in the interior). I have 2.5 TDI (AEL) 103 kW automatic (4 speed) top-spec and it's relatively fast car. Comparison between 850R (I5, 240 bhp) and Superb (V6, 260 bhp) was both strange (850 is lighter and was the best performing automatic until !!! Corvette !!! managed to reach it's 0-60 mph time, where superb now is one of the million cars with such or even much stronger engine) and unfair. Much better would be to compare best selling options - 2.5 TDI 103 kW vs. 2.0 TDI 103 kW. I tried it and 2.5 TDI is exactly (door to door, bumper to bumper) as fast as Octavia 2.0 TDI and a bit faster thatn Superb 2.0 TDI. But it would spoil the outcome, wouldn't it Jonny...

I also compared my 850 to the new E... Merc dealer tried to persuade me to buy one. It's a great car, really, but when I tried to summarise what can I get by buying a new car, I didn't find any important reason. My colleagues with newer (but smaller and less equipped cars) tell me occassionally, that I am strange driving that old car... But you know, I am a man - don't fix it when it's working :)

Last edited:
GOOD -

Jonny and the Estates review.
Vicki and the Roller. She's actually quite bearable when she calms down, talks like a human being and doesn't squeal.

BAD -
Jason and Tiff's reviews... the cars were fine, I just find the drugged up kitty hyperbole grating.
Too short, wasted time on comps and website, blah blah blah

7/10