[17x05] July 24th, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
(is this the proper place to post this?)

I never have come into the pre eppisode discussions before so ill just put this here. Is it just me or does anyone else think that they are making these videos for us? I know that sounds obvious but how many people out there really know what he is referring to when he says Final Gear. How many thing he is just referencing the end of the series or something. Anyways, if they are making them for us then i think thats very cool. On that note, whats the obsession with Minnesota? lol

(is this the proper place to post this?)

I never have come into the pre eppisode discussions before so ill just put this here. Is it just me or does anyone else think that they are making these videos for us? I know that sounds obvious but how many people out there really know what he is referring to when he says Final Gear. How many thing he is just referencing the end of the series or something. Anyways, if they are making them for us then i think thats very cool. On that note, whats the obsession with Minnesota? lol

I think it's a nod to the/us FG forum 'people' as a whole who seem to be very passionate about the series (and rightfully so, it's one of the few series I actually enjoy on the tele) and for anyone else, it's just a missed reference, or something nobody cares about who watches the transmission pre-ep discussions.

Meanwhile the Minnesota is probably a generalization for ... something. It's Top Gear. It's not meant to make sense... it's meant to be a good distraction... for 59 minutes this time around apparently.

^ - Yea, I mean you never really know. James, Jeremy or Richard could be reading one of your posts right now...

I think it's a nod to the/us FG forum 'people' as a whole who seem to be very passionate about the series (and rightfully so, it's one of the few series I actually enjoy on the tele) and for anyone else, it's just a missed reference, or something nobody cares about who watches the transmission pre-ep discussions.

Meanwhile the Minnesota is probably a generalization for ... something. It's Top Gear. It's not meant to make sense... it's meant to be a good distraction... for 59 minutes this time around apparently.

^ - Yea, I mean you never really know. James, Jeremy or Richard could be reading one of your posts right now...

I was poking fun at the minnisota thing as well. Im not new to this forum but thanx for trying to help guys.

Well, we are their only fanbase (I think).

Ok, let me rephrase that. We are their biggest and best fanbase. Better? :D

Hmmmm lets see - I think the 'horny HH chicks' should go and deliberate on that - we'll get back to you...

Srsly? I met one of those at Dunsfold the other day.

If she was a chick then the full grown bird will be the size of a T-Rex! I had to hang onto the bumper of a Merc M Class just to escape her gravititational pull and I swear to God the last time she can have been in contact with an erect penis was at the moment of her own conception!

:p

I'm a bit confused.
So the guest this week will be Bob Geldof?
And he manages to be incredibly dull?
I had attended a concert of his Loudmouth tour in the min nineties and on stage he had enough charisma to enthrall the whole venue.
Has he become that much of a one-trick-pony?

^On stage, yes, he's got charisma enough for anyone. But the interview? He looked bored; Clarkson looked bored; the audience was bored - they'd tuned out after about 5 mins and it took a further 20 to get them back to being interested. Maybe it was 'cos he wasn't allowed to swear he came accross as all stiff and lacking in character, I don't know.

And MWF - behave yourself :p

I am behaving.................

......badly! :wicked:

Srsly? I met one of those at Dunsfold the other day.

If she was a chick then the full grown bird will be the size of a T-Rex! I had to hang onto the bumper of a Merc M Class just to escape her gravititational pull and I swear to God the last time she can have been in contact with an erect penis was at the moment of her own conception!

I dont know what your issue is with the other fan bases because it attracts more interest to the show. But to describe ANYONE like that is actually illegal and slanderous. FYI alot of other fan based people are also on this forum and quite a few will take that personally. I dont who you think you are or what you issue is, but you have just showed how immature and uneducated you are to describe anyone like that.

I can hear thinking i would get a sensiable discusssion on Top Gear, but no in fact comments like this prove you are worse than the teeny boopers I have come across.

Reactions: MWF
I dont know what your issue is with the other fan bases because it attracts more interest to the show. But to describe ANYONE like that is actually illegal and slanderous. FYI alot of other fan based people are also on this forum and quite a few will take that personally. I dont who you think you are or what you issue is, but you have just showed how immature and uneducated you are to describe anyone like that.

I can hear thinking i would get a sensiable discusssion on Top Gear, but no in fact comments like this prove you are worse than the teeny boopers I have come across.

1. I don't have any issue with any other fan bases although from what I have seen on some of them their members' behaviour and attitudes it is a few scant microns from stalking..

2. Since I didn't name any individual it isn't libellous (FYI slander is spoken, libel is written) nor is it illegal.

3. There are 6 spelling or grammatical errors in your post. I guess I'm not the only one who is "uneducated".

4. I was expressing an opinion. Regardless of what you may think of it I am entitled both to hold and express it. In this case my opinion is that if someone is so large they need a mirror on a stick to find out when it is time to cut their own toenails, and as a result people who are ill through no fault of their own are being denied treatment because NHS resources are having to be diverted to buy oversize operating tables and other equipment to treat people who have eaten themselves enormous while paying little or no tax on all the calories they have consumed to achieve that girth, then there is something skew whiff about things. Especially when doctors are withholding treatment from smokers who have been filling the Government coffers with tax for years but they can't do that for the obese because that is in breach of their human rights and other such politically correct nonsense.

I await your response with eager anticipation. :D

EDIT: Make that 7 language errors. :p

Last edited:
1. I don't have any issue with any other fan bases although from what I have seen on some of them their members' behaviour and attitudes it is a few scant microns from stalking..

2. Since I didn't name any individual it isn't libellous (FYI slander is spoken, libel is written) nor is it illegal.

3. There are 6 spelling or grammatical errors in your post. I guess I'm not the only one who is "uneducated".

4. I was expressing an opinion. Regardless of what you may think of it I am entitled both to hold and express it. In this case my opinion is that if someone is so large they need a mirror on a stick to find out when it is time to cut their own toenails, and as a result people who are ill through no fault of their own are being denied treatment because NHS resources are having to be diverted to buy oversize operating tables and other equipment to treat people who have eaten themselves enormous while paying little or no tax on all the calories they have consumed to achieve that girth, then there is something skew whiff about things. Especially when doctors are withholding treatment from smokers who have been filling the Government coffers with tax for years but they can't do that for the obese because that is in breach of their human rights and other such politically correct nonsense.

I await your response with eager anticipation. :D

EDIT: Make that 7 language errors. :p

For one, I am dyslexic not uneducated, with a uni degree, so again you are being presumptious of you opions. Or are you just prejudiced ?

Point two, you can be done under cyberbullying on either slander or libel because this is an internet conversation, which is admissable in court. Just because you didnt name the person doesn't excuse you as you have made it very clear to every one who you meant.

Point three, you are a making assumptions again about how a person becomes over weight, I for 1 battle my weight do to the medicines I am on from two chronic conditions one from childhood. If you actually measured out what I honestly eat in a day it would be less than the adverage 12 year old. So to described the person like you just have is plain spiteful and shallow. I have never meet you but i find it offence how you have described a person with any weight issue let alone someone you have supposedly met.

Point four, hard as it is I will agree with you about the treatment of smokers.

...to describe ANYONE like that is actually illegal and slanderous.

FinalGear is hosted in the United States. Show me where in US law that MWF's statements are illegal or slanderous. Oh, wait, you can't. There's this little thing called the First Amendment. The onerous British libel laws and super-injunctions and ultra-injunctions (where you can't even talk about the fact that a super-injunction has been issued) don't apply here. In fact, MWF is legally entitled to cut the tl;dr, say "Shut up, fatty", and end it there.

FYI alot of other fan based people are also on this forum and quite a few will take that personally. I dont who you think you are or what you issue is, but you have just showed how immature and uneducated you are to describe anyone like that.

I've been in any number of fandoms over the years, and I've met a lot of people similar to MWF's description. For some reason, some fandoms tend to attract women of a Rubensesque physique. It's just a tropism. Old-school Doctor Who fandom was disproportionately gay male, for instance. It's not insulting. It's pointing out the obvious.

I can't read your statement. The red lines I'm getting in the editor are blurring everything.

The Spie,

It would appear I have been rather generous in spreading the love in the last day pr so but rest assured you will be first in the line of fire when I have some more green ammo for my rep cannon. :D

And quite funny...
You should have heard him on the day :blink:

4. I was expressing an opinion. Regardless of what you may think of it I am entitled both to hold and express it....

Exactly. Whether you are upset or offended by the opinion is another matter - and at least MWF's opinion was based on actually meeting said person. You, pds, are entitled to your opinion of him:
...I dont who you think you are or what you issue is, but you have just showed how immature and uneducated you are to describe anyone like that....
but you base that entirely on one post, and I suspect without even meeting the guy, which IMHO is much worse.

Reactions: MWF
Status
Not open for further replies.